Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 103

Thread: Ho-hum Jets

  1. #1

    Ho-hum Jets

    In my 45 years as a Jets fan, I can't remember a time when I was so disinterested in the team.

    The front office is clueless, and the coach is a sideshow. The players and fans deserve better.

    When they get a first-rate front office, they'll become a first-rate team. Until then, they'll remain the NFL version of Groundhog Day.

  2. #2
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    998
    Watching the 2012 Jets may end up as entertaining as watching a bad MLS game. Low scoring affairs with lots of possession changes.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,566
    But interested enough to post about your disinterest.

  4. #4
    I was much less interested when Boomer Esiason and Neil ODonnell were the Jets Qbs.

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Logical Side of Your Brain
    Posts
    648
    The team deserves......................................... better fans.

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    9,105
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    But interested enough to post about your disinterest.
    stanner! the Stan man! The stanorator! Stanopolis! Stan up for what you believe! Stan ing out in crowd! Stan by your man!



    Stanner!!!

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    9,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    The team deserves......................................... better fans.
    FU ck you short timer...

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBear83 View Post
    In my 45 years as a Jets fan, I can't remember a time when I was so disinterested in the team.

    The front office is clueless, and the coach is a sideshow. The players and fans deserve better.

    When they get a first-rate front office, they'll become a first-rate team. Until then, they'll remain the NFL version of Groundhog Day.
    I am a life long fan like yourself and see what you see. While I will never give up on my JETS, this current owner and HC seem to be playing the fans for fools. With so much time and money invested in following this team, taking the fans for fools could be the worst thing an organization can do.

    The most recent episode of taking the fans for fools, Rex Ryan stating that Wayne Hunter is now the equivalent to the "6th man" in basketball....


  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    stanner! the Stan man! The stanorator! Stanopolis! Stan up for what you believe! Stan ing out in crowd! Stan by your man!



    Stanner!!!
    Be quiet.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    The team deserves......................................... better fans.

  11. #11
    the jets are far from perfect but I still love following the team and get excited about it. I don't know why but I've always found the giants monumentally boring. great franchise but definitely boring

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    I am a life long fan like yourself and see what you see. While I will never give up on my JETS, this current owner and HC seem to be playing the fans for fools. With so much time and money invested in following this team, taking the fans for fools could be the worst thing an organization can do.

    The most recent episode of taking the fans for fools, Rex Ryan stating that Wayne Hunter is now the equivalent to the "6th man" in basketball....


  13. #13
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    998
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    The team deserves......................................... better fans.
    Hang on a second there LAX...... Just because I think they are going to be boring doesn't mean that I am less of a fan. I spent money on the "Ticket" again thisnyear to DVR the games so I can watch them here in AZ. I have watched this team since I was 8 (Now 51). Last time I checked being critical of a team's performance on or off the field does not make you any less of a fan! Talk to any Red Sox fan Over the age of 20 and you will get another example of what I mean.

  14. #14
    The most recent episode of taking the fans for fools, Rex Ryan stating that Wayne Hunter is now the equivalent to the "6th man" in basketball....
    I cannot tell you how amazingly naive this statement is...

    From the pathetic statement you think Ryan is trying to pull a fast one over fans, and the fact you overdramatize his response regarding the Hunter situation.

    Quite simply, Hunter flourished in the 6th OL role in jumbo packages, the team doesn't always deploy the jumbo package, Hunter was very good at this, and could even operate some as a TE in certain situations. This cannot be debated because it's all true, Ryan is just trying to shed some light on SOME of the thinking of the coaching staff.

    You really need to step back and take a break, you over analyze and over dramatize every ****ing little thing and it's ridiculous.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,700
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    I am a life long fan like yourself and see what you see. While I will never give up on my JETS, this current owner and HC seem to be playing the fans for fools. With so much time and money invested in following this team, taking the fans for fools could be the worst thing an organization can do.

    The most recent episode of taking the fans for fools, Rex Ryan stating that Wayne Hunter is now the equivalent to the "6th man" in basketball....

    Slow down with the Albert Breer stuff

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    The team deserves......................................... better fans.
    Amen.

    We've got a potentially elite defense, and a 4th year QB who is likely to be entering his make or break year.

    Yeah, sounds like a pretty boring season to me . . .

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    the jets are far from perfect but I still love following the team and get excited about it. I don't know why but I've always found the giants monumentally boring. great franchise but definitely boring
    i wish our jets were boring and had 5 SB appearances. 4 lombardi's hanging in the display cases

  18. #18
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Logical Side of Your Brain
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    FU ck you short timer...
    And, a big FU, right back. I've been a Jets fan for over 30 years..... I'm no short timer. I stayed away from posting on this board, for years, due to my brother being a member, since 2003...... and telling me how pissed it got him. So, to reiterate................. F*CK YOU.

    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarjet View Post
    Hang on a second there LAX...... Just because I think they are going to be boring doesn't mean that I am less of a fan. I spent money on the "Ticket" again thisnyear to DVR the games so I can watch them here in AZ. I have watched this team since I was 8 (Now 51). Last time I checked being critical of a team's performance on or off the field does not make you any less of a fan! Talk to any Red Sox fan Over the age of 20 and you will get another example of what I mean.
    I'm not calling your fandom into question...... everyone is entitled to their opinion. My opinion happens to be that results take place on the field, and I don't give a rat's ass if a win is a boring win. The last I checked, the Jets, along with the rest of the league, are 0-0.

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,548
    I can't wait for tomorrow, we are going to kick arse

  20. #20
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Logical Side of Your Brain
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Amen.

    We've got a potentially elite defense, and a 4th year QB who is likely to be entering his make or break year.

    Yeah, sounds like a pretty boring season to me . . .
    Yep, but, unless the Jets have an "elite" QB and an elite offense...... they'll never win the SB. I mean, just look at last year's Packers, Saints, and Pats.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us