Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ho-hum Jets

Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    Yep, but, unless the Jets have an "elite" QB and an elite offense...... they'll never win the SB. I mean, just look at last year's Packers, Saints, and Pats.
    Funny thing is, there's a difference between a "winning" season and an "interesting" season.

I have no idea how this year is going to pan out -- if we implode like last year, big changes are on the horizon. But isn't that the point? This is the year we get to see if we finally have a consistent pass rush. This is the year we see if Sanchez is ready to take the next step. This is the year we see if Schotty really was holding us back. If Hill is going to give us a threat we haven't had since Keyshawn. If we're gonna need a new starting RB. If our safeties can last the season.

Could all that go south? Sure, and that will make for a long season. But what if our cards fall right (like the Giants each of their past two SB seasons)? Tell me that's not the DEFINITION of an "interesting season" . . .

Wink FROM DICK KOTITE TO REX RYAN....WE'VE SEEN IT ALL

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Amen.

We've got a potentially elite defense, and a 4th year QB who is likely to be entering his make or break year.

Yeah, sounds like a pretty boring season to me . . .
    Been a fan for 35+ years...always an interesting team. The oddity is that when we had excellent players, we had poor coaching-- and when we had a Top coach, like Parcells; we had bad luck. Mangini was boring, and Herm...well, the team played hard for him- but with Pennington, how far could we go.?

Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    FU ck you short timer...

Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    Been a fan for 35+ years...always an interesting team. The oddity is that when we had excellent players, we had poor coaching-- and when we had a Top coach, like Parcells; we had bad luck. Mangini was boring, and Herm...well, the team played hard for him- but with Pennington, how far could we go.?
    I don't see Sparano transforming this offense. I can only hope he's efficient enough to not have the defense on the field 2/3 of the game.

I'm actually losing some faith in Pettine as well, but as long as Rex stays involved we should be OK.

Westhoff has had some chinks in his armor lately, but hopefully still has enough in the tank to produce a quality unit.

Enough for the SB? Probably not -- that's a tall order for any team to predict. But we have enough pieces in place that this shouldn't be a "SB or bust" season. If we can see quality improvement from our youth, we should be positioned for successful seasons in the near future, which is really all we can ask . . .

The team deserves......................................... better fans.
    Therefore, I'm guessing the fans have an affect on the team...

Funny though because I'm pretty sure Sanchez and Tebow have a plethora of female fans throwing panties at their feet. Yet they still bomb as QB's

Rookie
    Funny thing is, there's a difference between a "winning" season and an "interesting" season.

I have no idea how this year is going to pan out -- if we implode like last year, big changes are on the horizon. But isn't that the point? This is the year we get to see if we finally have a consistent pass rush. This is the year we see if Sanchez is ready to take the next step. This is the year we see if Schotty really was holding us back. If Hill is going to give us a threat we haven't had since Keyshawn. If we're gonna need a new starting RB. If our safeties can last the season.

Could all that go south? Sure, and that will make for a long season. But what if our cards fall right (like the Giants each of their past two SB seasons)? Tell me that's not the DEFINITION of an "interesting season" . . .

I agree, there is a difference..... I happen to think that this season will be both interesting and winning. I TRULY believe that the road to a SB, for the Jets, started with the hiring of Ryan..... I wanted him to be the coach, since before Mangini. In any year, things can go south.... I just don't waste my time expecting that to happen....... unlike MANY of our fellow "fans".

Being a fan of the Jets for 30+ years has taught me nothing, if not PATIENCE...... it seems to have had the opposite effect on many.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Gata View Post
    Therefore, I'm guessing the fans have an affect on the team...

Funny though because I'm pretty sure Sanchez and Tebow have a plethora of female fans throwing panties at their feet. Yet they still bomb as QB's

Sorry...... I just don't see Sanchez as a bomb, at QB. He has areas to improve, no doubt, but his winning % does not equate to "bombing".

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    Takes time, we are young.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Whilst this team has garnered the most media attention out of any Jets team in my memory (1982- ), I find myself more bored than ever. They are too much of too much.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBear83 View Post
    In my 45 years as a Jets fan, I can't remember a time when I was so disinterested in the team.
    when I was a boy, the Jets had Kenny OBrien and all the offense anyone could want. Toon, Walker, McNeil these guys put up points. But the defense couldn't stop a nosebleed.

Here we are in basically the opposite position. What would Jets fans have given for the Rex Ryan defense in 1985? No the Jets aren't perfect right now, but at least they have a world class defense. It's something.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekbeatking View Post
    Whilst this team has garnered the most media attention out of any Jets team in my memory (1982- ), I find myself more bored than ever. They are too much of too much.
    I think I get excited when I am anticipating a playoff type season. Not enough characters on the team yet to counter the lack of that, idk.

Jets Insider VIP
    In my 45 years as a Jets fan, I can't remember a time when I was so disinterested in the team.

The front office is clueless, and the coach is a sideshow. The players and fans deserve better.

When they get a first-rate front office, they'll become a first-rate team. Until then, they'll remain the NFL version of Groundhog Day.
    Gee what were your feelings when we went to the AFCCG two years in a row recently? This team has yet to game plan its offense. Yet fans like you are giving up. What will the Bills have to gameplan for? They don't know! Advantage : JETS!

The front office is clueless, and the coach is a sideshow. The players and fans deserve better.

When they get a first-rate front office, they'll become a first-rate team. Until then, they'll remain the NFL version of Groundhog Day.
    Clueless? 2 AFC finals in 3 years. I have also been a Jets fan for 45+ years and my memory is not so short. This team has never been in better hands.

Sorry...... I just don't see Sanchez as a bomb, at QB. He has areas to improve, no doubt, but his winning % does not equate to "bombing".
    He sucks under pressure, and he can't read the blitz. I don't hate him I hope he improves, a lot has to do with the O-Line but what happens if we do fix it. And he continues to give out picks?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    when I was a boy, the Jets had Kenny OBrien and all the offense anyone could want. Toon, Walker, McNeil these guys put up points. But the defense couldn't stop a nosebleed.

Here we are in basically the opposite position. What would Jets fans have given for the Rex Ryan defense in 1985? No the Jets aren't perfect right now, but at least they have a world class defense. It's something.
    Bit if the DEFENSE comes through and Sanchez equals DILFER, we could win a SB too. Weapons? We have not seen them yet but we have them. HILL will be a target feared by other teams by mid season. Our run game can do well. Look at the GI-AINTS game last week. We ran pretty good against that tough front 7. We have not game planned yet! Who knows what to do to gameplan against us? I just hope Howard can step up to the next level at RT. If so, our offense can come on in a big way. Cumberland can cause headaches for defense3s with his speed and down the field ability. Holmes could also be a major factor. Too many guys want BIG Named players on the field. This is a team and teams win! I do not think our offensive team is as bad as some here seem to have the need to state. I refuse to dwell in DOOM and GLOOM territory. Let the games begin and then we will have more knowledge and information. Until then GO JETS!

Jets Insider VIP
    He sucks under pressure, and he can't read the blitz. I don't hate him I hope he improves, a lot has to do with the O-Line but what happens if we do fix it. And he continues to give out picks?
    You start thinking about a replacement. Not Tebow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    You start thinking about a replacement. Not Tebow.
    is that what your crystal balls tell you? Lets allow the games to begin. none of us has enough information to even know how Tebow will be used yet alleged fans like you are ready to dump the guy. He is a JETS QB. Lets hope he does great when he gets the chance. I hope Sanchez does great and i called upon McElroy too!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    is that what your crystal balls tell you? Lets allow the games to begin. none of us has enough information to even know how Tebow will be used yet alleged fans like you are ready to dump the guy. He is a JETS QB. Lets hope he does great when he gets the chance. I hope Sanchez does great and i called upon McElroy too!
    Read the question, and then read the answer again. And anyone that knows me knows there are very few fans that support Mark and the Jets as I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Bit if the DEFENSE comes through and Sanchez equals DILFER, we could win a SB too. Weapons? We have not seen them yet but we have them. HILL will be a target feared by other teams by mid season. Our run game can do well. Look at the GI-AINTS game last week. We ran pretty good against that tough front 7. We have not game planned yet! Who knows what to do to gameplan against us? I just hope Howard can step up to the next level at RT. If so, our offense can come on in a big way. Cumberland can cause headaches for defense3s with his speed and down the field ability. Holmes could also be a major factor. Too many guys want BIG Named players on the field. This is a team and teams win! I do not think our offensive team is as bad as some here seem to have the need to state. I refuse to dwell in DOOM and GLOOM territory. Let the games begin and then we will have more knowledge and information. Until then GO JETS!
    sanchez is 50x worse then dilfer. id take dilfer over sanchez any day of the week

Rookie
    IF he continued to not play well, in that circumstance, then that would be another discussion. But, that's an IF.

He does not suck, under pressure.... he had the worst passer rating, under pressure, last year. The year before, he was in the top 10, under pressure. Everything is relative. Were his receivers good, last year? I seem to remember more than one occasion, where the ball hit Keller on some part of his body, on the hot route. Eli Manning had the best passer rating, under pressure, last year. The year before..... HE was dead last. Blanket statements, like, "he sucks under pressure", are ridiculous.