Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ho-hum Jets

All League
    In my 20 years of watching the team, I have not been so disinterested myself. I couldn't care less when these season starts and how it goes. It's pretty sad. This place has become an absolute joke.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBear83 View Post
    In my 45 years as a Jets fan, I can't remember a time when I was so disinterested in the team.

The front office is clueless, and the coach is a sideshow. The players and fans deserve better.

When they get a first-rate front office, they'll become a first-rate team. Until then, they'll remain the NFL version of Groundhog Day.
    I've been a fan since '83 and I have to disagree with you.

As far as the front office:
    Most in this board agreed that the biggest weaknesses were S, WR, DL, RT, LB. You can't fix every hole with our cap restrictions but Tanny addressed all but RT - either through the draft or free agency. If Howard pans out, then that's covered as well. Plus, we're not paying Revis Nnamdi money, and Mangold, Harris and Brick are locked down long term. And we got Maybin for cheap. The past Jets have been notorious for bad drafts. Outside of Gholston, this office has been pretty solid (Revis, Mangold, Brick, Harris, Mo, Bo, QC, Greene, Hill and Sanch).

As far as Coach: Ryan has toned it down significantly. I don't remember when he made his last boast... IMO, he's been our best coach since Tuna.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    IF he continued to not play well, in that circumstance, then that would be another discussion. But, that's an IF.

He does not suck, under pressure.... he had the worst passer rating, under pressure, last year. The year before, he was in the top 10, under pressure. Everything is relative. Were his receivers good, last year? I seem to remember more than one occasion, where the ball hit Keller on some part of his body, on the hot route. Eli Manning had the best passer rating, under pressure, last year. The year before..... HE was dead last. Blanket statements, like, "he sucks under pressure", are ridiculous.
    But that was the scenario presented, and I gave the answer, that would be the discussion.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    In my 20 years of watching the team, I have not been so disinterested myself. I couldn't care less when these season starts and how it goes. It's pretty sad. This place has become an absolute joke.
    Can only go up, but I hear ya.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    But that was the scenario presented, and I gave the answer, that would be the discussion.
    What scenario was presented?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

In my 45 years as a Jets fan, I can't remember a time when I was so disinterested in the team.

The front office is clueless, and the coach is a sideshow. The players and fans deserve better.

When they get a first-rate front office, they'll become a first-rate team. Until then, they'll remain the NFL version of Groundhog Day.
    Anyone who says this is either brain dead or lying.

This non first rate front office has given you the best run, outside of one season this franchise has ever seen. They've been to the playoffs under Woody more than most teams, with few losing seasons.

But hey, lets whine like fools and forget the Kotite years. Yeah woa is me.

Born in 83 and claiming to have seen 45 years of football? Nice try.

Another Pats troll?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Read the question, and then read the answer again. And anyone that knows me knows there are very few fans that support Mark and the Jets as I do.
    You were attacking Tebow; not Sanchez and that is what I referred to. Reading 101 could help you! LOL

Originally Posted by Gata
    He sucks under pressure, and he can't read the blitz. I don't hate him I hope he improves, a lot has to do with the O-Line but what happens if we do fix it. And he continues to give out picks? Now your response:

You start thinking about a replacement. Not Tebow.
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 08-25-2012 at 04:23 PM.

the jets organization has been a joke for the past 43 yrs. we wont be winning anything with woody as the owner. woodys goal is to be talked about in the offseason, hes good for that, but as for running a nfl franchise, dont excpext to be winning a SB anytime soon

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    You were attacking Tebow; not Sanchez and that is what I referred to. Reading 101 could help you! LOL

Originally Posted by Gata
    He sucks under pressure, and he can't read the blitz. I don't hate him I hope he improves, a lot has to do with the O-Line but what happens if we do fix it. And he continues to give out picks? Now your response:

You start thinking about a replacement. Not Tebow.
    Who is Tebow?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    the jets organization has been a joke for the past 43 yrs. we wont be winning anything with woody as the owner. woodys goal is to be talked about in the offseason, hes good for that, but as for running a nfl franchise, dont excpext to be winning a SB anytime soon

Honestly................ this is a SHOCKING point of view, based on your earlier posts.

OK I have a question. What exactly makes you a better fan? Now I like football and I see myself as a good JETS fan. I don't have the money or the time to go to every JETS game. Win or loose I am going to proudly call myself a JETS fan and look at the bright side. So when I hear guy say I've been a season ticket holder for x amount of time. It really doesn't mean squat to me. If you say you have no interest in the team anymore fine but don't call yourself a fan IMO. I have never looked at this team and been as excited as I am right now and that is truth. Yes I am only 31 but have seen some really bad football over those years. If you went threw the 80 and early 90s this should still look like a great team to you. We have the D, the coaching, and some outstanding youth. This is a team has had some good years recently and a bright future. If you can't get excited over that your just not a true fan IMO.

Rookie
    At the risk of getting a little bit of vomit it the back of my throat, i need credit the giants for showing us this simple little fact- just get into the playoffs.

They went and won the Super Bowl twice with not so spectacular regular seasons, then got hot at the right time (and some great coaching strategy helped too).

As pathetic as that sounds, that's all I can really hope for .

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    OK I have a question. What exactly makes you a better fan? Now I like football and I see myself as a good JETS fan. I don't have the money or the time to go to every JETS game. Win or loose I am going to proudly call myself a JETS fan and look at the bright side. So when I hear guy say I've been a season ticket holder for x amount of time. It really doesn't mean squat to me. If you say you have no interest in the team anymore fine but don't call yourself a fan IMO. I have never looked at this team and been as excited as I am right now and that is truth. Yes I am only 31 but have seen some really bad football over those years. If you went threw the 80 and early 90s this should still look like a great team to you. We have the D, the coaching, and some outstanding youth. This is a team has had some good years recently and a bright future. If you can't get excited over that your just not a true fan IMO.
    He's FOS.

And fan who claims to have watched this team for 40 years and thinks this run is bad, who survived the Kotite years and still says this is a liar trying to stir sh1t.

Weird.

I've been a fan for a short 15 years. And I can't f'n wait for the season to start.
    Because I love football and I love watching the JETS.

sucks for you.

Can we play some games before you whine?

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarjet View Post
    Hang on a second there LAX...... Just because I think they are going to be boring doesn't mean that I am less of a fan. I spent money on the "Ticket" again thisnyear to DVR the games so I can watch them here in AZ. I have watched this team since I was 8 (Now 51). Last time I checked being critical of a team's performance on or off the field does not make you any less of a fan! Talk to any Red Sox fan Over the age of 20 and you will get another example of what I mean.
    The point is, you have no clue on how this team will perform after two pre-season games. The defense has the potential to be the best, most exciting defense the Jets have ever fielded. That may be boring to you, but I find it pretty exciting. Three of our top receivers haven't even played yet and we're going to be boring...geesh. You may be a long time fan, but you sound like a same old Jet fan. Can we wait and see a REAL game first? Mamma Mia!

Well said. IMO, a better fan is a fan that cheers and gets behind the team MORE than it criticizes and b*itches about it. People will rant and rave about how they spent this amount of money, blah, blah, blah, and they feel they purchased the right to b*itch and vent when they buy season tix. This is a game, I watch the Jets for fun diversion.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    My SOJF didnt hit until i was 35. Just this past year. at 31, you may still be riding your youth high. Be patient. Wait for it.

Do you have kids?

Ravioli or Ziti?

Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    The team deserves......................................... better fans.
    spoken like a true fan of about 15 minutes

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    spoken like a true fan of about 15 minutes
    30+ years. What I SOUND like, is a RATIONAL fan, that sees the game and the team in a LOGICAL manner. I guess, if I don't sound like a whiney little B*TCH, I just haven't been a fan, long enough. Great logic there, Einstein.