Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ho-hum Jets

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Anyone who says this is either brain dead or lying.

This non first rate front office has given you the best run, outside of one season this franchise has ever seen. They've been to the playoffs under Woody more than most teams, with few losing seasons.

But hey, lets whine like fools and forget the Kotite years. Yeah woa is me.

Born in 83 and claiming to have seen 45 years of football? Nice try.

Another Pats troll?
    83 was my jersey number in college. I was born in 1952. Been a Jets fan about twice as long as most members have been alive.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Can we play some games before you whine?
    Since I became a fan, the team has played 680 games (and won 319). I'm 60 years old. Despite there having been a few excellent teams over the years, the franchise has been remarkably mediocre.

I may be wrong, but I can't see that the current version of the franchise has any real plan for where it wants to go. So heading into my 46th year as a fan, I just don't see much to be excited about.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBear83 View Post
    In my 45 years as a Jets fan, I can't remember a time when I was so disinterested in the team.

The front office is clueless, and the coach is a sideshow. The players and fans deserve better.

When they get a first-rate front office, they'll become a first-rate team. Until then, they'll remain the NFL version of Groundhog Day.
    Dang it I thought I was the only one and I am older than you> I dont see any light any where! except for Tebow.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great post! Nice way to introduce a new topic to the Strip!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentide View Post
    Clueless? 2 AFC finals in 3 years. I have also been a Jets fan for 45+ years and my memory is not so short. This team has never been in better hands.
    I commend your optimism. I usually start the season excited at the prospects. But this year I sense that this team really does not have a plan for the future. All their moves have been geared for "today."

The successful franchises take a long view, and I don't perceive that with this FO.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brex View Post
    I've been a fan since '83 and I have to disagree with you.

As far as the front office:
    Most in this board agreed that the biggest weaknesses were S, WR, DL, RT, LB. You can't fix every hole with our cap restrictions but Tanny addressed all but RT - either through the draft or free agency. If Howard pans out, then that's covered as well. Plus, we're not paying Revis Nnamdi money, and Mangold, Harris and Brick are locked down long term. And we got Maybin for cheap. The past Jets have been notorious for bad drafts. Outside of Gholston, this office has been pretty solid (Revis, Mangold, Brick, Harris, Mo, Bo, QC, Greene, Hill and Sanch).

As far as Coach: Ryan has toned it down significantly. I don't remember when he made his last boast... IMO, he's been our best coach since Tuna.
    I do hope you are right. But I'm making other plans for this fall.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    Dang it I thought I was the only one and I am older than you> I dont see any light any where! except for Tebow.
    For old-timers like you and me, probably the worst thing that ever happened was that Super Bowl win in the '68 season. We've never let go of that, and have been living in the past ever since.

The counterweight to my decision as a 15 year-old to become a Jets fan (1967) was to become a Yankees fan at age 6 (1958). Lots of good memories.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Anyone who says this is either brain dead or lying.

This non first rate front office has given you the best run, outside of one season this franchise has ever seen. They've been to the playoffs under Woody more than most teams, with few losing seasons.

But hey, lets whine like fools and forget the Kotite years. Yeah woa is me.

Born in 83 and claiming to have seen 45 years of football? Nice try.

Another Pats troll?
    One could easily make the argument that we, as Jets fans, suffer through seasons in dogs years. I remember being in my early 20s .. the Jets went 1-15, and boom I was in a midlife crisis!!

Jets go 11-5 this season .. J - E - T - S ( don't leave me hangin )

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do hope you are right. But I'm making other plans for this fall.
    I'm sure that makes your boyfriend happy.

Maybe you guys can go apple picking or antique shopping this fall.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    I'm sure that makes your boyfriend happy.

Maybe you guys can go apple picking or antique shopping this fall.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOLGTFUGFY

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    In my 45 years as a Jets fan, I can't remember a time when I was so disinterested in the team.

The front office is clueless, and the coach is a sideshow. The players and fans deserve better.

When they get a first-rate front office, they'll become a first-rate team. Until then, they'll remain the NFL version of Groundhog Day.
    The stupidity on this board has been pretty severe this offseason and this thread has now turned that stupidity up a notch.

Did you black out for the late 80s until '97? Maybe you are just getting disinterested in the sport, because those teams were absolutely horrendous and there was nothing interesting about them.

Were you really more inspired by Kotite and Neil O'Donnel? Did Bruce Coslet fire you up? Does Mark Sanchez not live up to the brilliance of Browning Nagle?

You cannot be a long time Jets fan if you think this is a bad time to be a Jets fan. The fact that we are all disappointing with an 8-8 season is still a little strange for me.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Junk View Post
    The stupidity on this board has been pretty severe this offseason and this thread has now turned that stupidity up a notch.

Did you black out for the late 80s until '97? Maybe you are just getting disinterested in the sport, because those teams were absolutely horrendous and there was nothing interesting about them.

Were you really more inspired by Kotite and Neil O'Donnel? Did Bruce Coslet fire you up? Does Mark Sanchez not live up to the brilliance of Browning Nagle?

You cannot be a long time Jets fan if you think this is a bad time to be a Jets fan. The fact that we are all disappointing with an 8-8 season is still a little strange for me.
    There ARE some fans that get it.

They are absolutely not "built for now"..... they've been building a team with an identity that will always have them in contention...... a great DEFENSE. The same way teams have always built winners, contrary to popular belief. We have selective memories, when people say, "only 2 teams have ever won that way"....... the Steelers have always been right there, come playoffs, due to consistently good/great defenses-- the Patsies won their SBs, with good/great defenses (and the other team's plays), the Niners of the mid-80's, had Montana, along with good/great defenses--- the Giants have always won with defense---- the Ravens are always in the playoff hunt, with defense-----I could keep going on and on, because there are many more examples.... but my point should be clear. To get to the playoffs, with a bye, they need to beat the Pats.... in order to do that, they need to shut down their offense, not get into shoot-outs.

The Jets have a plan, with a core group that could, or should be entering their primes. They had an obvious plan, in this year's draft, to build some depth and add future starters. Their plan is to win now..... while building for the future-- and what's wrong with that? As fans, that's all we should ask for.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Junk View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    There ARE some fans that get it.

They are absolutely not "built for now"..... they've been building a team with an identity that will always have them in contention...... a great DEFENSE. The same way teams have always built winners, contrary to popular belief. We have selective memories, when people say, "only 2 teams have ever won that way"....... the Steelers have always been right there, come playoffs, due to consistently good/great defenses-- the Patsies won their SBs, with good/great defenses (and the other team's plays), the Niners of the mid-80's, had Montana, along with good/great defenses--- the Giants have always won with defense---- the Ravens are always in the playoff hunt, with defense-----I could keep going on and on, because there are many more examples.... but my point should be clear. To get to the playoffs, with a bye, they need to beat the Pats.... in order to do that, they need to shut down their offense, not get into shoot-outs.

The Jets have a plan, with a core group that could, or should be entering their primes. They had an obvious plan, in this year's draft, to build some depth and add future starters. Their plan is to win now..... while building for the future-- and what's wrong with that? As fans, that's all we should ask for.
    Two of the best posts I've ever read on this board, and exemplifies my view point better than I can express it.

Instead the a-holes of the board will respond in with the same usual crap, kool-aid, blah blah blah blah...

It's amazing how ignorant and somewhat spoiled by the Rex Ryan regime the fan base has become.

Rex has done more for this franchise in just 3 years than any other coach in the history of the organization except Ewbank given his SB victory, but what other coach went to the AFCCG two years in a row?

Jets fans used to be amongst the best in the country, now, on this board at least, we have the know-it-all fantasy playing dorks who think they know better, and the ornery SOJF's, coupled in with a few that just crave attention...
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 08-25-2012 at 10:11 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    In my 20 years of watching the team, I have not been so disinterested myself. I couldn't care less when these season starts and how it goes. It's pretty sad. This place has become an absolute joke.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by geekbeatking View Post
    Whilst this team has garnered the most media attention out of any Jets team in my memory (1982- ), I find myself more bored than ever. They are too much of too much.
    But why blame this on the team?

This is my #1 pet peeve with Jet fans that ***** about the team being attention whores.

NO, it's not the damn team, it's the ****ing media, why doesn't anybody understand this? Why doesn't anybody get this?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gata View Post
    He sucks under pressure, and he can't read the blitz. I don't hate him I hope he improves, a lot has to do with the O-Line but what happens if we do fix it. And he continues to give out picks?
    WTF does "he can't read a blitz" mean?

The QB can only do so much pre-snap, it's impossible for him to pick up most blitzes, it is up to his pass protection to adjust post snap.

ALL NFL QB's will struggle without pass protection, we have seen this all pre-season with Brady and the Pats?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    SHE means he doesn't find his hot receiver on the blitz.

Whether that was Schotty or Sanchez we will find out. There is always a hole or vulnerability when a team blitzes. Some QBs are more adept at exploiting it than others.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    With any luck, all these "disinterested fans" won't bother posting on JI this year . . .

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    SHE means he doesn't find his hot receiver on the blitz.

Whether that was Schotty or Sanchez we will find out. There is always a hole or vulnerability when a team blitzes. Some QBs are more adept at exploiting it than others.
    And the reason you felt the need to capitalize "SHE?"

In addition to being a hypocrite, are you sexist too?