Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ho-hum Jets

Hall Of Fame
    Typing on phone Ray. No need for guilty conscience.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    I'm sure that makes your boyfriend happy.

Maybe you guys can go apple picking or antique shopping this fall.
    Bob be nice and come back to bed

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Typing on phone Ray. No need for guilty conscience.
    Guilty conscience for what?

All Pro
    I love the "I'm a better fan than you" pissing contest threads. Always good for some chuckles.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    But why blame this on the team?

This is my #1 pet peeve with Jet fans that ***** about the team being attention whores.

NO, it's not the damn team, it's the ****ing media, why doesn't anybody understand this? Why doesn't anybody get this?

Some people get it...... just not many.

Jets Insider VIP
    It's a f*cking game you watch on TV while stuffing your face with nachos and wings and getting drunk.

Just accept it and drop the persecuted, woe is me act.

Bunch of vaginas on this board.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

I think everyone is less interested and tired of all the media coverage if you ask me. Think about it, if there wasn't any (4-5 years ago) we would have this team all to ourselves and make it more exciting as it was. But with ESPN having non-stop coverage, it gets old and everyones tired of it.

Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBear83 View Post
    In my 45 years as a Jets fan, I can't remember a time when I was so disinterested in the team.

The front office is clueless, and the coach is a sideshow. The players and fans deserve better.

When they get a first-rate front office, they'll become a first-rate team. Until then, they'll remain the NFL version of Groundhog Day.
    These are the years that the Jets become fun. When expectations start to drop, they usually end up doing something strange.

Look at Chaddy's first season playing.

I'm not saying it'll happen this year for sure, but hey, weirder things have happened.

The defense is primed to be really good this year, IMO.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    These are the years that the Jets become fun. When expectations start to drop, they usually end up doing something strange.

I'm not saying it'll happen this year for sure, but hey, weirder things have happened.

I'll drink to that!

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

In my 45 years as a Jets fan, I can't remember a time when I was so disinterested in the team.

The front office is clueless, and the coach is a sideshow. The players and fans deserve better.

When they get a first-rate front office, they'll become a first-rate team. Until then, they'll remain the NFL version of Groundhog Day.
    I'll admit the FO does seem to not grasp the concepts of football 101.

But I think you're a little over the top when you condemn the entire organization.

Specifically, the HC being a sideshow? I beg to differ. Remember, when he was being praised for taking the pressure off of his players in the 2010 playoff run?

In other words, there's pros/cons to every action the HC takes. To say that it is ALL bad? Well, I just believe that's a little too much judgment and condemnation.

And also how quickly we forget about consecutive AFC Championship games? Point being, Rex has done pretty well for a rookie HC. So he's a loudmouth. Big deal. So long as the great play comes out on the field, who would care about him bragging? He'd have every right to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    And, a big FU, right back. I've been a Jets fan for over 30 years..... I'm no short timer. I stayed away from posting on this board, for years, due to my brother being a member, since 2003...... and telling me how pissed it got him. So, to reiterate................. F*CK YOU.

I'm not calling your fandom into question...... everyone is entitled to their opinion. My opinion happens to be that results take place on the field, and I don't give a rat's ass if a win is a boring win. The last I checked, the Jets, along with the rest of the league, are 0-0.
    This. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and they can whine and moan all they want, but boy does this place get depressing sometimes. The nitpicking, second guessing, monday morning quarterbacking does absolutely nothing for this team. All we can do as fans is hope for the best year in and year out. Our opinions mean NOTHING.....NOTHING to the FO because we are going to continue shelling out $$$$ for tickets and merchandise because we foolishly love this game and this team. I love the Jets. I laid down face first in the living room carpet after we lost to the Steelers two years ago. I turned down sex from my gorgeous Brazilian wife that night because I was distraught over the loss. Yet, here I am! On this site, rambling (drunk albeit) because so many people here spew such negativity that it makes me sick. Viva Sanchez! May Rex become the greatest most decorated coach to ever grace the gridiron and go Jets!! Rant over!!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I'll admit the FO does seem to not grasp the concepts of football 101.

But I think you're a little over the top when you condemn the entire organization.

Specifically, the HC being a sideshow? I beg to differ. Remember, when he was being praised for taking the pressure off of his players in the 2010 playoff run?

In other words, there's pros/cons to every action the HC takes. To say that it is ALL bad? Well, I just believe that's a little too much judgment and condemnation.

And also how quickly we forget about consecutive AFC Championship games? Point being, Rex has done pretty well for a rookie HC. So he's a loudmouth. Big deal. So long as the great play comes out on the field, who would care about him bragging? He'd have every right to do so.
    There was once a time when MaineJet would post an it'd be clear through the most nnegative thing on this board those days are long gone. This fanbase is dealing with being the most talked about team in all of American sports and we're not dealing well
    with it. At least, the woe is me crowd isn't dealing well with it.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by NxYxJets View Post
    This. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and they can whine and moan all they want, but boy does this place get depressing sometimes. The nitpicking, second guessing, monday morning quarterbacking does absolutely nothing for this team. All we can do as fans is hope for the best year in and year out. Our opinions mean NOTHING.....NOTHING to the FO because we are going to continue shelling out $$$$ for tickets and merchandise because we foolishly love this game and this team. I love the Jets. I laid down face first in the living room carpet after we lost to the Steelers two years ago. I turned down sex from my gorgeous Brazilian wife that night because I was distraught over the loss. Yet, here I am! On this site, rambling (drunk albeit) because so many people here spew such negativity that it makes me sick. Viva Sanchez! May Rex become the greatest most decorated coach to ever grace the gridiron and go Jets!! Rant over!!
    Does she have a sister.

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Does she have a sister.
    Who do you think he had consolation sex with after saying "no" to wifey ??
    Last edited by Demosthenes9; 08-26-2012 at 04:13 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NxYxJets View Post
    Pics or GTFO.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post

Great post. What if the offense scores a few TD's tonight? And the defense looks great? I'd like to see the team come together as the year progresses, rather than come out like world beaters only to peter out towards the end of the season. I'd take a well-conditioned team approaching their potential in December.

I hate posting here on the strip, very seldom even read it anymore. Honestly, what I dislike most about the jets is the fan base.

BTW, i thought the Bears O looked crappy against the Giants Friday night. Struggling against the Giants front 7 is not unique to the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 1greenNUT View Post
    Great post. What if the offense scores a few TD's tonight? And the defense looks great? I'd like to see the team come together as the year progresses, rather than come out like world beaters only to peter out towards the end of the season. I'd take a well-conditioned team approaching their potential in December.

I hate posting here on the strip, very seldom even read it anymore. Honestly, what I dislike most about the jets is the fan base.

BTW, i thought the Bears O looked crappy against the Giants Friday night. Struggling against the Giants front 7 is not unique to the Jets.
    Sparano and Rex have not divulged our OFFENSE yet and won't until the season starts for real. Advantage: Jets! We also ran pretty well against the vaunted Gi-aints front 7 last week. These doom and gloomers seem to forget that we have not had our best receivers playing in meaningless games yet. I'd love to see Howard step up and take the job at RT for good. That should slow down the Doomers in their daily criticism of the Jets FO.

Yes I expect the defense to be great this year! I am hoping that Sanchez puts together some great games and maybe the Doomers will be silenced long enough for us to enjoy this season!

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Guilty conscience for what?

It's not nice to break a promise.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

The problem with being a Jets fan since 1999 is burnout.

We never have an offseason, never a break for a month to just get away from it, recharge the batteries. The offseason of Testaverde, the offseason of Parcells/Bellichick, the offseason of Groh, the offseason of Edwards, the offseasons of Chad's injuries, the offseason of Edwards firing, the offseasons of free agent madness, the offseason of Favre, the offseason of Mangini, the offseason of PSL's, the offseason of Sanchez, the offseasons of AFCCG losses and foot fetishes and implosions and predictions. It never ends. Thirteen years. The Jets are a migraine.

The Rangers had a nice playoff run and disappeared for a month. Got to chill. Signed a free agent and disappeared for another month. Now I'm excited about next season. The Jets, never ends, never a break, burned out.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The problem with being a Jets fan since 1999 is burnout.

We never have an offseason, never a break for a month to just get away from it, recharge the batteries. The offseason of Testaverde, the offseason of Parcells/Bellichick, the offseason of Groh, the offseason of Edwards, the offseasons of Chad's injuries, the offseason of Edwards firing, the offseasons of free agent madness, the offseason of Favre, the offseason of Mangini, the offseason of PSL's, the offseason of Sanchez, the offseasons of AFCCG losses and foot fetishes and implosions and predictions. It never ends. Thirteen years. The Jets are a migraine.

The Rangers had a nice playoff run and disappeared for a month. Got to chill. Signed a free agent and disappeared for another month. Now I'm excited about next season. The Jets, never ends, never a break, burned out.

SAR I
    Excellent point. It is the JETS that are bring this on themselves and not the media. NY media has been the same for ever. Its not going to change. The JETS know this and choose to bring on this attention.