Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim Tebow is going to have his own episode of "A Football Life"

Tim Tebow is going to have his own episode of "A Football Life"

Face. Palm.

Been seeing the preview for the second season of NFL Network’s "A Football Life" and noticed Tebow featured in it. Now, as I'm watching the Skins/Colts game, they run an advertisement for Tim’s episode.

You can't be serious. Can't wait for Ryan Leaf’s episode.

Yeah, he's only one of the most popular players in the NFL. Why in the world would they do this? If your going to hate on Tebow, at least have a good reason.

How about this: let's not reward mediocrity.

Veteran
    It's the we want it now world we live in.

Jets Insider VIP
    Yes, this deserved its own thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Then post something worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I am a Jets fan, I support any Jets player that would get this honor.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Face. Palm.

Been seeing the preview for the second season of NFL Network’s "A Football Life" and noticed Tebow featured in it. Now, as I'm watching the Skins/Colts game, they run an advertisement for Tim’s episode.

You can't be serious. Can't wait for Ryan Leaf’s episode.
    Yup, because you hate him so much that you refuse to see that he's the most followed and liked player in the league, turned around one of the most storied teams in the league, carried them to the playoffs in the most unlikely ways in spite of what most thought he was capable of.

Kind of the anti Leaf who wasted the talent that everyone saw in him

Add in the popularity because he wears Christianity beliefs on his sleeve.

I don't like him either, but I'm not stupid either, I see why there is the appeal. And know that networks want to turn that popularity into viewership and ratings.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 08-25-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Tim Tebow's series on ESPN back when he was in High School was f-ing awesome. I suggest you look it up on YouTube, it's called "the chosen one."

He is a great person and hard worker. I'm sure the "Football Life" episode will be a great one. Not sure why this would piss you off.

Veteran
    Sound like jealousy

tebow is nowhere near mediocrity, what games of tebow have you watched. hes won a playoff game. hes a damn good qb

Veteran
    Too bad Tebow didn't mention it on the Boomer & Carton show and ask Boomer when his episode is airing.

I heard they were going to make one on Peyton Manning but someone pointed out that Tebow "won a playoff game". ROFL

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Too bad Tebow didn't mention it on the Boomer & Carton show and ask Boomer when his episode is airing.

Did you just laugh at your own joke?

Veteran

And you responded to it.

Twice.

Veteran
    Did you just laugh at your own joke?
    I'm laughing at Boomer, assface

... and YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Tim Tebow's series on ESPN back when he was in High School was f-ing awesome. I suggest you look it up on YouTube, it's called "the chosen one."

He is a great person and hard worker. I'm sure the "Football Life" episode will be a great one. Not sure why this would piss you off.
    I think on its own, it's a good piece. I believe that fans (myself included, although not in this instance) are getting tired of the "Always Tebow, Always" media coverage of the guy.

Seems like a good hearted human being, and a tremendous worker/athlete. The collective Tebow coverage causes fans to roll their eyes at the mention of his name, IMO.

They aren't rewarding mediocrity. Thing is though, you are basically taking an "average" and focusing on it, instead of noting how high the highs really are.

In the span of a single season, Tebow came off the bench and did some very amazing things. Which high point do you want to talk about ? Coming back from 15 down in the last 3 minutes against Miami ? Coming back against Chicago ? Driving 95 yards down the field and beating an all out blitz for a 20 yd TD run against the Jets ? The playoff game against the Steelers ?

Seriously. Almost any of those would be the top highlight for the year for most other QBs and players in the league, and Tebow had a boatload of them all in one single season.

That's part of what made him such a big story last year.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsplumber View Post
    tebow is nowhere near mediocrity, what games of tebow have you watched. hes won a playoff game. hes a damn good qb
    1: He's the definition of mediocre
    2: Majority of his NFL games
    3: A whole playoff game? Wow! Sanchez won 4, so I guess that means he's elite!
    4: He's a great COLLEGE QB, not an NFL QB

1: He's the definition of mediocre
    2: Majority of his NFL games
    3: A whole playoff game? Wow! Sanchez won 4, so I guess that means he's elite!
    4: He's a great COLLEGE QB, not an NFL QB
    ,,,but I think he is one heck of a football player who will contribute! He can be a real weapon.