Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tim Tebow is going to have his own episode of "A Football Life"

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    ,,,but I think he is one heck of a football player who will contribute! He can be a real weapon.
    No doubt. He's just not a good NFL QB.

I'm not saying he's a bad football player, but he's trash at his position.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Yup, because you hate him so much that you refuse to see that he's the most followed and liked player in the league, turned around one of the most storied teams in the league, carried them to the playoffs in the most unlikely ways in spite of what most thought he was capable of.

Kind of the anti Leaf who wasted the talent that everyone saw in him

Add in the popularity because he wears Christianity beliefs on his sleeve.

I don't like him either, but I'm not stupid either, I see why there is the appeal. And know that networks want to turn that popularity into viewership and ratings.
    I hope you are talking about the Denver defense because no NFL team is going to intentionally get rid of somebody who "carried them to the playoffs". The defense did all the work on that team and carried Tebow so he could make one play a game, win and get all the credit.
    Last edited by escamoter2; 08-26-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    I hope you are talking about the Denver defense because no NFL team is going to intentionally get rid of somebody who "carried them to the playoffs". The defense did all the work on that team and carried Tebow so he could make one play a game, win and get all the credit.
    I guess the defense that carried Tebow couldn't carry orton when they went 1-4 with him.

Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    I guess the defense that carried Tebow couldn't carry orton when they went 1-4 with him.
    Because we all know Tebow won every game he played with them. We also know that Prater NEVER kicked 50+ yard fgs to put Denver ahead by 3 as time expired. It's also well known that Denvers D was giving up a huge amount of points.

Oh wait, none of that is true.

Tebow is trash as a QB and everyone but his delusional followers know it.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Because we all know Tebow won every game he played with them. We also know that Prater NEVER kicked 50+ yard fgs to put Denver ahead by 3 as time expired. It's also well known that Denvers D was giving up a huge amount of points.

Oh wait, none of that is true.

Tebow is trash as a QB and everyone but his delusional followers know it.
    Marion Barber fumble? That was all Tebow.

Honestly, it was a combination of him being at the right place at the right time, and taking advantage of others' HUGE mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Marion Barber fumble? That was all Tebow.

Honestly, it was a combination of him being at the right place at the right time, and taking advantage of others' HUGE mistakes.
    That's fine, but Tebow’s "success" (8-8 lol) largely depended on Prater’s foot and Denvers D keeping the game's low scoring.

That's fine, but Tebow’s "success" (8-8 lol) largely depended on Prater’s foot and Denvers D keeping the game's low scoring.
    I agree. Just playing.

I agree. Just playing.
    lol, gotta have respect for a man who had 4 touchdowns in 1 game at Polk High.

lol, gotta have respect for a man who had 4 touchdowns in 1 game at Polk High.
    LOL. By far the greatest football feat of all time.

LOL. By far the greatest football feat of all time.
    Da GOAT! First ballot, ladies and gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Tim Tebow's series on ESPN back when he was in High School was f-ing awesome. I suggest you look it up on YouTube, it's called "the chosen one."

He is a great person and hard worker. I'm sure the "Football Life" episode will be a great one. Not sure why this would piss you off.
    Because many fans feel that Woody Johnson has given up on building and winning championships and would rather be the most popular especially in regards to the Giants. Trading for Tebow was not a necessity in regards to other holes to fill on this team. Because everyone and their mother knew that trading for Tebow would take an already circus like atmosphere with Rex and make it worse. It has a "fake" feeling to it. Its another distraction.

I hope you folks don't mind the opinion of a rival fan, but all I can say is I wish the Pats had him. I know his QB numbers might not be good, but there should be a spot on an NFL team for him. If not for the normal overkill by the media he'd be hard to root against.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    I hope you folks don't mind the opinion of a rival fan, but all I can say is I wish the Pats had him. I know his QB numbers might not be good, but there should be a spot on an NFL team for him. If not for the normal overkill by the media he'd be hard to root against.
    I agree with your main premise. There is a spot on an NFL team for him, but it's not QB. I love the guy's work ethic, attitude and running ability. But, he can only hit the side of a barn 1 out of every 100 times. Then, add the media overkill for a JAG and his delusional personal fans to the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    I agree with your main premise. There is a spot on an NFL team for him, but it's not QB. I love the guy's work ethic, attitude and running ability. But, he can only hit the side of a barn 1 out of every 100 times. Then, add the media overkill for a JAG and his delusional personal fans to the equation.
    That's strange, because in the Cincy game, every one of his passes was on target. In the Giants game, his passing was pretty accurate as well, save a couple of misses that are easily correctable.

I'd say that the problem isn't with his "delusional personal fans", but rather, more with his delusional detractors.

All League
    Obsessed Tebow-haters are the sickest followers Tebow has.

Notice how Tebow-nuthuggers throw around the word "hater" at a rate nearly equal to that of Justin Bieber fangirls. Intriguing.

All League
    Notice how Tebow-nuthuggers throw around the word "hater" at a rate nearly equal to that of Justin Bieber fangirls. Intriguing.
    You must follow them both around to make that observation.

_
    Last edited by jetrider; 08-26-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    You must follow Bieber around too to make that observation.
    It's cute how you act as if Tebow isn't constantly shoved in our faces 24/7. I knew you guys were delusional, but I didn't know it had gotten this severe.

All League
    It's cute how you act as if Tebow isn't constantly shoved in our faces 24/7. I knew you guys were delusional, but I didn't know it had gotten this severe.
    How does that explain your keeping up with the Bieber crowd? LOL

Go away.

Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    How does that explain your keeping up with the Bieber crowd? LOL

Go away.
    Sigh. You really are out of touch with reality, aren't you? Coming across delusional fans != following them.

Then again, I'm not sure why Tebow-nuthuggers blowing things out of proportion and trying to pass something off as something it isn't would ever surprise me.