Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tim Tebow is going to have his own episode of "A Football Life"

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Sigh. You really are out of touch with reality, aren't you? Coming across delusional fans != following them.

Then again, I'm not sure why Tebow-nuthuggers blowing things out of proportion and trying to pass something off as something it isn't would ever surprise me.
    You still struggling to justify yourself?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    You still struggling to justify yourself?
    And again another post where you make statements while disregarding logic.

Color me shocked.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsplumber View Post
    tebow is nowhere near mediocrity, what games of tebow have you watched. hes won a playoff game. hes a damn good qb
    Impressive.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guy does good things off the field, good for him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Then again, I'm not sure why Tebow-nuthuggers blowing things out of proportion and trying to pass something off as something it isn't would ever surprise me.
    Speaking of:

Tebow is trash as a QB and everyone but his delusional followers know it.
    Who is the one blowing things out of proportion here sunshine ?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Yes, everything is easily correctable with him. Three years after college nobody in the NFL thinks he can start at QB. He was traded in essence for a 6th round pick and that was the best deal on the table. But all NFL teams trade starting caliber QBs for such treasure. Im surprised john elway didn't change his number fielding all those calls.

Ummm, no, he was traded for a 4th round pick for starters. Additionally, the trade was basically 2 years after college as he is in his 3rd year now and doing pretty well for a kid who was considered to be a 3 year project coming out of college.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Speaking of:

+1 LOL

McGimpy wouldn't know logic if it bit him on the dick.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    No doubt. He's just not a good NFL QB.

I'm not saying he's a bad football player, but he's trash at his position.
    No you're saying, over and over and over again, that youre a hater.

His career hasnt been mediocre, unless you think that taking over a 1-4 team and going 7-4 is mediocre. Then upsetting the Steelers in the playoffs.

I don't like him, but if you're going to attempt to kill the guy, try to make a somewhat intelligent argument.

Never mind how silly it is to continue crying over what he did in Denver, as a starting QB given that he's here to run the WC.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    No you're saying, over and over and over again, that youre a hater.

His career hasnt been mediocre, unless you think that taking over a 1-4 team and going 7-4 is mediocre. Then upsetting the Steelers in the playoffs.

I don't like him, but if you're going to attempt to kill the guy, try to make a somewhat intelligent argument.

Never mind how silly it is to continue crying over what he did in Denver, as a starting QB given that he's here to run the WC.
    Exactly, and he says we're "trying to pass something off as something it isn't."

LOL ... what a tool

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of:

Are you honestly this thick headed? Tim is garbage as a QB and you would know that if you'd take your mouth off his

Oh well. There's no reasoning with Tebow nuthuggers. Gonna enjoy it when you scrubs are gonna after he gets traded away.
    Last edited by McGinley; 08-26-2012 at 05:15 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't this the same kid that had 2 completions going into the 4th quarter, agains the 31st ranked defense for the playoffs? That guy who couldn't run, couldn't pass, couldn't do anything except get spanked?...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ummm, no, he was traded for a 4th round pick for starters. Additionally, the trade was basically 2 years after college as he is in his 3rd year now and doing pretty well for a kid who was considered to be a 3 year project coming out of college.
    We are both wrong. It was a 4th and a 6th for a 7th. Either way, not a high price for an allegedly good starting NFL QB (a waste of picks, yes). I'm going to have to go with John Elway since he knows something about playing QB.

On a side note, if you didn't hear it, listen to the Warren Sapp interview with B&C recently. He talked about Sanchez, Holmes and Tebow. Interesting and entertaining thoughts.
    Last edited by escamoter2; 08-26-2012 at 05:49 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you honestly this thick headed? Tim is garbage as a QB and you would know that if you'd take your mouth off his

Oh well. There's no reasoning with Tebow nuthuggers. Gonna enjoy it when you scrubs are gonna after he gets traded away.

I watched ALL his games last year and all his plays this year. I can tell a noticeable improvement between the two. Last year, he could pass well at times, but then turn around and throw the ball in the dirt, or miss a receiver by 5 yards. I.e. he struggled with his consistency. He's had time to work on that and his passing this year has been much better.

You disagree? Then go identify a single pass in the Cincy game that was off target. The only one that even comes close is the near miss deep down the right sideline, and that is a pass that even "elite" QBs miss now and then.

WE can then look at the Giants game. 4 bad passes in total. 2 of them were swing passes that were too high/long. That's easily correctable with about 20 mins of passing/coaching. 1 was a low pass to Cumberland (I believe) and that was a quick throw off a bad snap. Sure, it needs to be better, but again, something that can be worked on and improved rather easily. Wouldn't be surprised if Cav had him take 20+ high snaps and then fire it out quickly. The last pass you could question was the missed TD to Hill. Go back and look at the pass. It was on target, he just didn't get enough on the ball. Look at it a second time and pay attention to the actual mechanics of the pass. He threw the ball 25 yards, across his body and off his rear foot while cross stepping to the right sideline. What normally happens when you throw the ball across your body ? Yep, it comes up short. What normally happens when you throw the ball off your rear foot ? Yep, those usually come up short as well.

That's not to say that it's ok that he underthrew it, rather, it explains why it happened and tells him that IF he is going to throw a pass like that, he needs to aim higher or put more on the ball to get it there. Again, something that can easily be practiced and improved.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Notice how Tebow-nuthuggers throw around the word "hater" at a rate nearly equal to that of Justin Bieber fangirls. Intriguing.
    Totally. And a Tebow fan started this thread!

Oh, wait. YOU started this thread.

And posted about 20 times in it.

On a subject that's been debated 10,000 times already.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I watched ALL his games last year and all his plays this year. I can tell a noticeable improvement between the two. Last year, he could pass well at times, but then turn around and throw the ball in the dirt, or miss a receiver by 5 yards. I.e. he struggled with his consistency. He's had time to work on that and his passing this year has been much better.

You disagree? Then go identify a single pass in the Cincy game that was off target. The only one that even comes close is the near miss deep down the right sideline, and that is a pass that even "elite" QBs miss now and then.

WE can then look at the Giants game. 4 bad passes in total. 2 of them were swing passes that were too high/long. That's easily correctable with about 20 mins of passing/coaching. 1 was a low pass to Cumberland (I believe) and that was a quick throw off a bad snap. Sure, it needs to be better, but again, something that can be worked on and improved rather easily. Wouldn't be surprised if Cav had him take 20+ high snaps and then fire it out quickly. The last pass you could question was the missed TD to Hill. Go back and look at the pass. It was on target, he just didn't get enough on the ball. Look at it a second time and pay attention to the actual mechanics of the pass. He threw the ball 25 yards, across his body and off his rear foot while cross stepping to the right sideline. What normally happens when you throw the ball across your body ? Yep, it comes up short. What normally happens when you throw the ball off your rear foot ? Yep, those usually come up short as well.

That's not to say that it's ok that he underthrew it, rather, it explains why it happened and tells him that IF he is going to throw a pass like that, he needs to aim higher or put more on the ball to get it there. Again, something that can easily be practiced and improved.
    Thorough post, even if it is reaching. At least you're somewhat reasonable.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    Totally. And a Tebow fan started this thread!

Oh, wait. YOU started this thread.

And posted about 20 times in it.

On a subject that's been debated 10,000 times already.
    You will surely deliver a point...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thorough post, even if it is reaching. At least you're somewhat reasonable.
    Thanks, I guess.

My overall view of Tebow is that he could be a starter on some teams right now, but it would be a long season and yes, he would struggle. It would be like many cases where a young/rookie QB has to develop.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I guess.

My overall view of Tebow is that he could be a starter on some teams right now, but it would be a long season and yes, he would struggle. It would be like many cases where a young/rookie QB has to develop.
    In the words of Derek Anderson, that's fine. Forgive me if I don't see the reason for the hype behind a guy who MIGHT be a starter for some teams.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

As if Sanchez is so much better?

I'm not a big Tebow fan, but some of you guys act like Sanchez completely blows him out of the water.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    As if Sanchez is so much better?

I'm not a big Tebow fan, but some of you guys act like Sanchez completely blows him out of the water.
    I'm not a Sanchez fan, so pardon me if I don't see your point.