Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Psst...we're going to win a lot of games.

Psst...we're going to win a lot of games.

Those defensive nasty mother****ers are going to rain hell.

The offense is one solid rt away from flourishing.

We got this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobblingjetster View Post

We got this.
    You're wrong. Stop doing the cheap drugs. WHERE exactly do you think think this solid RT is going to come from? What? Indy? Detroit?

Every one of those players are likely depth at best. We will not have Damien Woody as a result of this trade if it comes to pass. We'll have a slightly better Wayne Hunter.

So. End result? We've got NOTHING. In fact, there's no way this OL will be able to raise it's performance when the playoffs arrive.

We may be able to salvage a wildcard spot assuming a best case scenario, but the writing is on the wall. Tanny completely f*cked up the OL, not once but TWICE now. It has obviously cost this team tremendously. Tanny may be lucky to keep his job after this season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    You're wrong. Stop doing the cheap drugs. WHERE exactly do you think think this solid RT is going to come from? What? Indy? Detroit?

Every one of those players are likely depth at best. We will not have Damien Woody as a result of this trade if it comes to pass. We'll have a slightly better Wayne Hunter.

So. End result? We've got NOTHING. In fact, there's no way this OL will be able to raise it's performance when the playoffs arrive.

We may be able to salvage a wildcard spot assuming a best case scenario, but the writing is on the wall. Tanny completely f*cked up the OL, not once but TWICE now. It has obviously cost this team tremendously. Tanny may be lucky to keep his job after this season.

http://www.newser.com/story/152624/c...the-brain.html

That pain you feel listening to complainers? It's real enough to peel away neurons from your brain and render it pretty much useless

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post

mike t has a trade up his sleeve before the season starts to get a starting RT. you watch

I hope you are right,however, I think that once the green cool aid runs out, you will be left with 4 wins and a very high draft pick this coming April to select another CB with.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    I hope you are right,however, I think that once the green cool aid runs out, you will be left with 4 wins and a very high draft pick this coming April to select another CB with.
    I'm not very optimistic either, but 4 wins is ridiculous with the caliber of defense we have.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsplumber View Post
    mike t has a trade up his sleeve before the season starts to get a starting RT. you watch
    if he makes a trade, it should be for a playmaker on offense. sell the farm and get some one who will make a difference.

All Pro
    I hope that's not the case, but if it is, we should draft a true playmaker at RB. Let's stop the delusional thinking, Shonn Greene is not a bellcow, he's a change of pace power back.

I know you're wrong, but I'd rather just try to be optimistic and enjoy our season than be doom and gloom about it.

As it stands, everyone is 0-0. No need to head for the ledge already.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... if even an average guy is brought in at RT i'm optimistic as well ...

... if landry can stay on the field this year the D can be something special ...

(2 big if's ... but ...)

l_j_r

Three pro-bowlers, a sixth-round pick turned into a reliable starter, and a question-mark signed off a practice squad, who at the time of his draft was considered a high-upside developmental prospect.

Let's take it easy on the front office over the Jets offensive line. I'm more concerned about their inability to find a play-maker in the running game.

Hall Of Fame
    Some people are stuck in 2010.

Psst...we're going to win a lot of games.
    Psst...we're going to suck.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Psst...we're going to suck.

SAR I
    we're going to suck... LIKE A FOX!!!

we're going to win 11 games, minimum. but we're gonna suck doing it.

I'm not ready to write-off a 29-year-old Ferguson, if that's what you mean.

All League

We got this.
    reminds me of the stock market.

there's a huge anti-Jets bubble building.

the contrarians stand to make a lot of money by betting against the crowd.

could the Jets be bad? of course. Perhaps it's even likely that they'll be 500 or worse. But, I'm pretty clear that the sentiment about the Jets is a lot more negative than the reality, and they have a much better chance of having a winning, or playoff season than a vast majority of the fans and almost any of the "experts" are predicting.

there are times when you can feel that the discussion has become irrational...that the hype is feeding on itself...that the herd mentality has taken on a life of its own. It happens from time to time -- remember when there was no question that the "Greatest Show on Turf" was going to crush the no-name Patriots -- the only question was by how much? Hell, for that matter, remember when every sensible football fan knew the star-power Colts were going humiliate Joe Namath and the inferior AFC's Jets? There are many examples...I'm not talking about warranted skepticism, which should certainly be paid attention to...I'm talking about those times when EVERYONE seems to believe the same thing. That's when the smart money goes the other way. And that's what I THINK I'm sensing with the Jets this pre-season ... the negativity is at an all-time high, but it's because of the loud-mouthed coach, the flashy moves, and the media obsession...it's not based (enough) on intelligent football reasoning.

I'd put my money with OP (while still hedging my bet, of course).

If the Jets don't want the offense to hold back our stud defense, three things have to happen:

1. get an average RT

2. cut down Sanchez turnovers (fumbles + ints)

3. increase 3rd down completion percentage to keep drives alive

Tanny might be able to make a trade or pick up a last-cut player to fill the RT spot if he's lucky (but that's no way to plan a season). Or Howard might be OK. We won't really know the latter until about 4 games into the season.

As to the other points - Sanchez just has to man-up and get better. Otherwise he'll waste some great defensive efforts by his teammates.

**** it ... I'm on the band wagon ... Pass the cool aid !!! 11-5 here we go !!!

Hall Of Fame
    I don't think we'll lose 5 games.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Question troll, how many threads have you jumped in on and no matter what the topic get your "4 wins" nonsense?

Most of the threads on the board?

Then cry that people call you a troll.