Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 72

Thread: Psst...we're going to win a lot of games.

  1. #21
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,689
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Psst...we're going to suck.

    SAR I
    Psst...you already do.

  2. #22
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    25,878
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Psst...you already do.
    Be careful, JN. You don't want to hurt his feelings.

  3. #23
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,689
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Be careful, JN. You don't want to hurt his feelings.
    Or sending him crying to a mod....again.

  4. #24
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    25,878
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Or sending him crying to a mod....again.
    LOL

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,197
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Psst...we're going to suck.

    SAR I
    Maybe you can sell your seats to more games this year. This way fans that enjoy standing and cheering can sit in them.

    You can sit on your couch at home, won't have to deal with drunk fans, burping, farting, standing and cheering.

  6. #26
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,381
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackleem View Post
    I'm not ready to write-off a 29-year-old Ferguson, if that's what you mean.
    Psst...write him off.

    SAR I

  7. #27
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,381
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Question troll, how many threads have you jumped in on and no matter what the topic get your "4 wins" nonsense?

    Most of the threads on the board?

    Then cry that people call you a troll.
    Psst...you're a troll.

    SAR I

  8. #28
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,381
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Be careful, JN. You don't want to hurt his feelings.
    Psst...don't forget your anti-bullying training.

    SAR I

  9. #29
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,381
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Maybe you can sell your seats to more games this year. This way fans that enjoy standing and cheering can sit in them.

    You can sit on your couch at home, won't have to deal with drunk fans, burping, farting, standing and cheering.
    Psst...the Blind Homer Cult doesn't respect you.

    SAR I

  10. #30
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    We may be able to salvage a wildcard spot assuming a best case scenario, but the writing is on the wall. Tanny completely f*cked up the OL, not once but TWICE now. It has obviously cost this team tremendously. Tanny may be lucky to keep his job after this season.
    Sometimes Jets fans amaze me, really.

    All-Pro #1 Draft Picks at almost EVERY position along the line but one, and because that one isn't an All-Pro #1 pick he "f*uked up the OL"?

    Such hysterical melodrama of overreaction and obscene and unrealistic expectations.....

    When you expect an unrealistic measure of perfection, you're bound to be dissapointed every time. A brilliantly self-fullfilling prophesy for the usual suspects of SOJFland.

  11. #31
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,697
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Sometimes Jets fans amaze me, really.

    All-Pro #1 Draft Picks at almost EVERY position along the line but one, and because that one isn't an All-Pro #1 pick he "f*uked up the OL"?

    Such hysterical melodrama of overreaction and obscene and unrealistic expectations.....

    When you expect an unrealistic measure of perfection, you're bound to be dissapointed every time. A brilliantly self-fullfilling prophesy for the usual suspects of SOJFland.

  12. #32
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,838
    Post Thanks / Like
    here is the deal fellas. We are going to win 9 to 11 games this season. with the Defense that we have, it is a no brainer. Anyone that says less than that just doesn't know football. plain and simple.

  13. #33
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    25,878
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Psst...don't forget your anti-bullying training.

    SAR I
    I don't bully anyone, SAR. I just call it like it is.

    Don't take offense to that.

  14. #34
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,076
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Sometimes Jets fans amaze me, really.

    All-Pro #1 Draft Picks at almost EVERY position along the line but one, and because that one isn't an All-Pro #1 pick he "f*uked up the OL"?

    Such hysterical melodrama of overreaction and obscene and unrealistic expectations.....

    When you expect an unrealistic measure of perfection, you're bound to be dissapointed every time. A brilliantly self-fullfilling prophesy for the usual suspects of SOJFland.
    ^ voice of reason

  15. #35
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Sometimes Jets fans amaze me, really.

    All-Pro #1 Draft Picks at almost EVERY position along the line but one, and because that one isn't an All-Pro #1 pick he "f*uked up the OL"?

    Such hysterical melodrama of overreaction and obscene and unrealistic expectations.....

    When you expect an unrealistic measure of perfection, you're bound to be dissapointed every time. A brilliantly self-fullfilling prophesy for the usual suspects of SOJFland.

    As the saying goes, a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. If you have #1's at nearly every position, save 1, and THAT guy sucks, guess what ? Weak Oline when it comes to protecting the QB. Running game, the guy can be worked around. Pass protection, not so much.

    We don't need at "All Pro" at RT (though that would be nice). But, we do need someone who is at least marginally competent.

  16. #36
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Sometimes Jets fans amaze me, really.

    All-Pro #1 Draft Picks at almost EVERY position along the line but one, and because that one isn't an All-Pro #1 pick he "f*uked up the OL"?

    Such hysterical melodrama of overreaction and obscene and unrealistic expectations.....

    When you expect an unrealistic measure of perfection, you're bound to be dissapointed every time. A brilliantly self-fullfilling prophesy for the usual suspects of SOJFland.
    You did watch last year right?

    We did NOT beat any teams over 500. OLINE or not...we haven't done much to ensure better than a repeat performance and long time fans (assume you are) have a right to show doubt. You know..Pavlovs dog theory?

  17. #37
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Psst...WE already do.
    Fixed your post to more closely resemble a team with NO TD's and coming off 8 and 8 having beaten NO ONE in about a year.

    What flavor is the kool aid?

  18. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    here is the deal fellas. We are going to win 9 to 11 games this season. with the Defense that we have, it is a no brainer. Anyone that says less than that just doesn't know football. plain and simple.
    Yes, your defense is a 9-11 game winning defense. Problem is, with your pathetic offense you won't score any points against all but the worst teams in the league. 6-8 wins tops, and even that may be too generous.

  19. #39
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,906
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    You did watch last year right?

    We did NOT beat any teams over 500. OLINE or not...we haven't done much to ensure better than a repeat performance and long time fans (assume you are) have a right to show doubt. You know..Pavlovs dog theory?
    I guess it's a good thing that based on our schedule, we may not play many teams over .500 this year.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

  20. #40
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,949
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Yes, your defense is a 9-11 game winning defense. Problem is, with your pathetic offense you won't score any points against all but the worst teams in the league. 6-8 wins tops.
    Do you promise to leave forever if you're wrong?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us