Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 72

Thread: Psst...we're going to win a lot of games.

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Do you promise to leave forever if you're wrong?
    Do you if I'm right?

  2. #42
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,229
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Sometimes Jets fans amaze me, really.

    All-Pro #1 Draft Picks at almost EVERY position along the line but one, and because that one isn't an All-Pro #1 pick he "f*uked up the OL"?

    Such hysterical melodrama of overreaction and obscene and unrealistic expectations.....

    When you expect an unrealistic measure of perfection, you're bound to be dissapointed every time. A brilliantly self-fullfilling prophesy for the usual suspects of SOJFland.
    Hysterical melodrama?! Maybe you should put as much time into evaluating the NYJ as you do trying to appear as though you know more than others?

    The NYJ because they had a horrible situation at RT just LAST SEASON, no less, went 8-8 and missed the playoffs altogether because of one what did you say? All-Pro #1 Draft Picks at almost EVERY position along the OL except one. Well 8-8, is the result of such awesome talent as you would clearly claim.

    As I said once already Tanny apparently hasn't read his own history books. Do you remember the Pete Kendall fiasco? Or are you in such a NYJ induced delirium that you are incapable of evaluating the team properly?

    What I want is not an unrealistic measure of perfection. It's called protecting a young QB so we can see what the kid has. Maximizing his chances at success.

    Well, 8-8 is the results of that. Are you satisfied with that?I strangely doubt you are. And if by chance you ARE satisfied with that, I rest my case.

  3. #43
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Here by the sea and sand
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Yes, your defense is a 9-11 game winning defense. Problem is, with your pathetic offense you won't score any points against all but the worst teams in the league. 6-8 wins tops, and even that may be too generous.
    Just what exactly do you know about our offense? The same as us, nothing. That's because we have not seen it yet. We have receivers in the training room, we have not seen the plan for Tebow yet, and the offense is learning an entirely new offense. For the life of me, I cannot understand why this team is not given any leeway when it comes to this. Are we not allowed to struggle learning a new offense? Do we really deserve the criticism? All I hear is "the offense sucks". Well maybe it will, maybe it won't. The media and fans are unbearable at this point. Does anyone know what it's like to learn a new offense? I will have no problem piling on if it sucks but can we at least see it first?

  4. #44
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,153
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Sometimes Jets fans amaze me, really.

    All-Pro #1 Draft Picks at almost EVERY position along the line but one, and because that one isn't an All-Pro #1 pick he "f*uked up the OL"?

    Such hysterical melodrama of overreaction and obscene and unrealistic expectations.....

    When you expect an unrealistic measure of perfection, you're bound to be dissapointed every time. A brilliantly self-fullfilling prophesy for the usual suspects of SOJFland.
    The Jets didn't have any contingency plans for the biggest and most obvious weakness from last season. So yes I'm concerned about it.

    I'd be more than happy with a 3rd or 4th or 5th round player at RT. Just give me somebody who's minimally competent. Right now we have an UDFA as a starter who may or may not work out. With nothing lined up as of today if he doesn't.

    Poor OL play could unravel the entire season (see end of 2011 or all of 2007 as a reference).

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumrunner View Post
    Just what exactly do you know about our offense? The same as us, nothing. That's because we have not seen it yet. We have receivers in the training room, we have not seen the plan for Tebow yet, and the offense is learning an entirely new offense. For the life of me, I cannot understand why this team is not given any leeway when it comes to this. Are we not allowed to struggle learning a new offense? Do we really deserve the criticism? All I hear is "the offense sucks". Well maybe it will, maybe it won't. The media and fans are unbearable at this point. Does anyone know what it's like to learn a new offense? I will have no problem piling on if it sucks but can we at least see it first?
    I'd accept all your excuses, except one huge "if". The offense is only as good as sanchez, and I've seen enough of his erratic play to come to a reasonable conclusion that he's just not that good. He'd have to make a significant improvement this season to qualify as "average". I don't see that happening. Also, I don't think the personnel is there for a 'ground and pound' philosophy. Lastly, I don't know what anyone saw about Sparano in Miami to think he's any good whatsoever. Ok, so maybe that's 3 huge 'ifs'.

  6. #46
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Blue Ridge Mtns. of Virginia
    Posts
    2,802
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Sometimes Jets fans amaze me, really.

    All-Pro #1 Draft Picks at almost EVERY position along the line but one, and because that one isn't an All-Pro #1 pick he "f*uked up the OL"?

    Such hysterical melodrama of overreaction and obscene and unrealistic expectations.....

    When you expect an unrealistic measure of perfection, you're bound to be dissapointed every time. A brilliantly self-fullfilling prophesy for the usual suspects of SOJFland.
    All Pro #1 draft picks at almost every position except 1?

    Did you mean All Pro OR #1 draft picks? If so, you'd be a little closer to correct, but not much.

    Brick was a #1 pick but never an All Pro. I believe he's made the pro-bowl (big difference) a few times.

    Slauson was not a #1 pick and has never made the pro bowl, much less All-Pro.

    Mangold. The one guy you were right about.

    Moore not a #1 pick, but did make the pro-bowl once (never All Pro).

    RT....OK, I guess you were also right about this spot -- it's a big concern.

    From hysterical melodrama to hysterical hyperbole...the story of JI, I guess.
    Last edited by gaffneycatch; 08-26-2012 at 03:43 PM.

  7. #47
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,953
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Do you if I'm right?
    I can't make that bet with you. You're a known welsher... You still owe sg3 $...

  8. #48
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Here by the sea and sand
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    I'd accept all your excuses, except one huge "if". The offense is only as good as sanchez, and I've seen enough of his erratic play to come to a reasonable conclusion that he's just not that good. He'd have to make a significant improvement this season to qualify as "average". I don't see that happening. Also, I don't think the personnel is there for a 'ground and pound' philosophy. Lastly, I don't know what anyone saw about Sparano in Miami to think he's any good whatsoever. Ok, so maybe that's 3 huge 'ifs'.
    I agree the offense is only as good as Sanchez, but that is football 101. Sanchez absolutely has to drastically cut down on the turnovers. They killed us last year. All I am saying is let's see what they have first, I think they are being unfairly criticized. We have a lot of "if's" as you say. What are Stephen Hill and Jordan White? What is Tebow going to provide? What is Keller going to be in Sparano's offense? What about Josh Baker? Every year guys come out of nowhere. Look at Victor Cruz. The premature criticism is unjustified is all I am saying.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I can't make that bet with you. You're a known welsher... You still owe sg3 $...
    That was Ken for his famous "Matt" Hoyer gaffe (and sg3's subsequent weaselly sucker bet)

    Truth is, you know in your heart of hearts, that even 8 wins this season is a stretch.


    Nice try.
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 08-26-2012 at 03:56 PM.

  10. #50
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    775
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffneycatch View Post
    reminds me of the stock market.

    there's a huge anti-Jets bubble building.

    the contrarians stand to make a lot of money by betting against the crowd.

    could the Jets be bad? of course. Perhaps it's even likely that they'll be 500 or worse. But, I'm pretty clear that the sentiment about the Jets is a lot more negative than the reality, and they have a much better chance of having a winning, or playoff season than a vast majority of the fans and almost any of the "experts" are predicting.

    there are times when you can feel that the discussion has become irrational...that the hype is feeding on itself...that the herd mentality has taken on a life of its own. It happens from time to time -- remember when there was no question that the "Greatest Show on Turf" was going to crush the no-name Patriots -- the only question was by how much? Hell, for that matter, remember when every sensible football fan knew the star-power Colts were going humiliate Joe Namath and the inferior AFC's Jets? There are many examples...I'm not talking about warranted skepticism, which should certainly be paid attention to...I'm talking about those times when EVERYONE seems to believe the same thing. That's when the smart money goes the other way. And that's what I THINK I'm sensing with the Jets this pre-season ... the negativity is at an all-time high, but it's because of the loud-mouthed coach, the flashy moves, and the media obsession...it's not based (enough) on intelligent football reasoning.

    I'd put my money with OP (while still hedging my bet, of course).
    Thank you. We are going to win a lot of games. We were 8-5 last year and a few things here and there go our way and we are back in the playoffs. What makes everyone think that we are different than the Steelers or the Giants?...when they have a year or two off years.

  11. #51
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    2,984
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobblingjetster View Post
    Thank you. We are going to win a lot of games. We were 8-5 last year and a few things here and there go our way and we are back in the playoffs. What makes everyone think that we are different than the Steelers or the Giants?...when they have a year or two off years.
    The Steelers would never go into the season with a RT can't couldn't block a door especially after he ruined the season prior for your team.

    LOL... We'll never be a team like the Steelers or Giants because Tanny hasn't done sh*t to address our depth issues, let alone find ways to protect Sanchez. Rex only gets upset when the defense gives up a TD, he can give a sh*t about the offense. Then Rex decides that he wants us to be a "ground and pound" team in a passing league without a good RB or O-line. It's no wonder our locker room gets divided, Rex treats the Defense like his baby and the offense like a red headed step child. I could go on all day.

    The best teams in the league have a great O-line and a great coach. When's the last time a team won a Superbowl with a line that can't give their QB 3 seconds to throw the ball or a coach that doesn't coach both sides of the ball? Never have and never will. Like I said in an earlier post, the Pats 2nd team offense is better than our first team offense. That's pretty bad. It's gonna be a long season guys, sad but true.
    Last edited by KingofNY; 08-26-2012 at 04:47 PM.

  12. #52
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,229
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    The Jets didn't have any contingency plans for the biggest and most obvious weakness from last season. So yes I'm concerned about it.

    I'd be more than happy with a 3rd or 4th or 5th round player at RT. Just give me somebody who's minimally competent. Right now we have an UDFA as a starter who may or may not work out. With nothing lined up as of today if he doesn't.

    Poor OL play could unravel the entire season (see end of 2011 or all of 2007 as a reference).
    Good idea. Just get a RT who won't be exposed to the highest degree each and every game. Give Mark Sanchez a fighting chance at becoming a good QB. Then, maybe we can eek into the playoffs as a wildcard.

    Right now, because the blocking is so poor, it's really hard to evaluate players IMO. I want to say Mark Sanchez has played well thus far with the exception of the pick 6 in the last game. But he's needed to check down and simply dump off a short pass because the pressure is getting to him before he has an apportunity to let plays develop. And maybe if he gets the protection needed, we'll find out the pick 6 was just a problem associated with itchy feet or pressure making him crack.

  13. #53
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,743
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Psst...you're a troll.

    SAR I
    Psst...coming from you thats funny.

    Now GFY, you're just a loser.

  14. #54
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,743
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Fixed your post to more closely resemble a team with NO TD's and coming off 8 and 8 having beaten NO ONE in about a year.

    What flavor is the kool aid?
    Kool aid?

    Better than being a moron who jumps back and forth between love and hate due to preseason results.

    When you figure it out come back and talk about cool aid. You can go back and forth with loserI and high five each other for trashing different pieces of the team.

    Being a loser make the game more enjoyable? I doubt it.

    Thanks for playing though

  15. #55
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,460
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobblingjetster View Post
    Thank you. We are going to win a lot of games. We were 8-5 last year and a few things here and there go our way and we are back in the playoffs. What makes everyone think that we are different than the Steelers or the Giants?...when they have a year or two off years.
    Well they didnt. And there was no playoffs.

    "could have and should have's" go both ways. Remember the Dallas game?

    The Jets are different because they dont have a franchise QB. They dont even know if they have a good enough one to make it through the season.

    Ben and Eli dont have those issues, therefore the Giants and Steelers are better offensively.

    LETS GO MARK!!!!

  16. #56
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,743
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofNY View Post
    The Steelers would never go into the season with a RT can't couldn't block a door especially after he ruined the season prior for your team.

    LOL... We'll never be a team like the Steelers or Giants because Tanny hasn't done sh*t to address our depth issues, let alone find ways to protect Sanchez. Rex only gets upset when the defense gives up a TD, he can give a sh*t about the offense. Then Rex decides that he wants us to be a "ground and pound" team in a passing league without a good RB or O-line. It's no wonder our locker room gets divided, Rex treats the Defense like his baby and the offense like a red headed step child. I could go on all day.

    The best teams in the league have a great O-line and a great coach. When's the last time a team won a Superbowl with a line that can't give their QB 3 seconds to throw the ball or a coach that doesn't coach both sides of the ball? Never have and never will. Like I said in an earlier post, the Pats 2nd team offense is better than our first team offense. That's pretty bad. It's gonna be a long season guys, sad but true.
    LOL, the Steelers line is much worse than the Jets, was worse last season and isn't much better this year. Lets see how the Jets line looks by opening day before coming up with this stupid cliche.

  17. #57
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    You did watch last year right?

    We did NOT beat any teams over 500. OLINE or not...we haven't done much to ensure better than a repeat performance and long time fans (assume you are) have a right to show doubt. You know..Pavlovs dog theory?
    +1

    This is last years team with an even worse offense, and the defense is hanging its hat on two fragile castoffs and a rookie.

    SAR I

  18. #58
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,460
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    +1

    This is last years team with an even worse offense, and the defense is hanging its hat on two fragile castoffs and a rookie.

    SAR I
    + 1 on the O sucking.

    I thought the Bell signing was great, and i dont think they are relying on Coples THAT much, do you?

  19. #59
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Fixed your post to more closely resemble a team with NO TD's and coming off 8 and 8 having beaten NO ONE in about a year.

    What flavor is the kool aid?
    The Blind Homers are so cute, aren't they?

    When we open 1-5 they'll be gone and we'll be able to have normal, realistic conversation without make-believe optimism and Dudley-Do-Right harassment.

    SAR I

  20. #60
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,153
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    +1

    This is last years team with an even worse offense, and the defense is hanging its hat on two fragile castoffs and a rookie.

    SAR I
    Agree with the offense being even worse now than last season.

    However I do think the D will be pretty good. The team added 4 new Safeties who are all better than last year's guys. Coples and Davis bring some serious talent as well. I expect an improvement from last season.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us