Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Psst...we're going to win a lot of games.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofNY View Post
    The Steelers would never go into the season with a RT can't couldn't block a door especially after he ruined the season prior for your team.

LOL... We'll never be a team like the Steelers or Giants because Tanny hasn't done sh*t to address our depth issues, let alone find ways to protect Sanchez. Rex only gets upset when the defense gives up a TD, he can give a sh*t about the offense. Then Rex decides that he wants us to be a "ground and pound" team in a passing league without a good RB or O-line. It's no wonder our locker room gets divided, Rex treats the Defense like his baby and the offense like a red headed step child. I could go on all day.

The best teams in the league have a great O-line and a great coach. When's the last time a team won a Superbowl with a line that can't give their QB 3 seconds to throw the ball or a coach that doesn't coach both sides of the ball? Never have and never will. Like I said in an earlier post, the Pats 2nd team offense is better than our first team offense. That's pretty bad. It's gonna be a long season guys, sad but true.
    Pitts has had a terrible oline for years and so did the giants....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    Agree with the offense being even worse now than last season.

However I do think the D will be pretty good. The team added 4 new Safeties who are all better than last year's guys. Coples and Davis bring some serious talent as well. I expect an improvement from last season.
    I expect the defense to be improved as well, but after a month of pathetic offense they'll realize it's all hopeless and quit on Rex.

Again.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Steelers would never go into the season with a RT can't couldn't block a door especially after he ruined the season prior for your team.

LOL... We'll never be a team like the Steelers or Giants because Tanny hasn't done sh*t to address our depth issues, let alone find ways to protect Sanchez. Rex only gets upset when the defense gives up a TD, he can give a sh*t about the offense. Then Rex decides that he wants us to be a "ground and pound" team in a passing league without a good RB or O-line. It's no wonder our locker room gets divided, Rex treats the Defense like his baby and the offense like a red headed step child. I could go on all day.

The best teams in the league have a great O-line and a great coach. When's the last time a team won a Superbowl with a line that can't give their QB 3 seconds to throw the ball or a coach that doesn't coach both sides of the ball? Never have and never will. Like I said in an earlier post, the Pats 2nd team offense is better than our first team offense. That's pretty bad. It's gonna be a long season guys, sad but true.
    You don't watch the steelers much do you? You couldn't be even further from the truth. The steelers O-line is almost Swiss cheese every year. That is almost always the worst part of their football team. Come on dude. Do some research before you post.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just curious, is the only thing that comes out of Sar's mouth the phrase "blind homer cult"? I swear he just hits the repeat button for all his posts. What a joke

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I expect the defense to be improved as well, but after a month of pathetic offense they'll realize it's all hopeless and quit on Rex.

Again.

SAR I

That is a serious concern. If the O is constantly 3 and out the D will begin to resent it. That could lead to a fractured locker room - a problem the Jets unsuccessfully dealt with last year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

The Steelers OL the last several seasons has been awful, it's why they drafted 2 OL'n at the top of this past year's draft, and they are about to go into this season with a gaping hole at OG now that DeCastro is hurt.

Already, you diatribe is a huge fail. All teams go into a season with holes, it' why we will see many teams making a lot of moves after the final cutdown next week.

Oh, and the Pats OL has sucked all pre-season, as has their offense for the most part, and their defense was one of the WORST in the league last year... Without Brady, the Pats are a very average team, the Jets don't yet have a Brady at QB, but they are close enough with Sanchez that they went to the AFCCG two years in a row.

You may put your head back in the sand...
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 08-26-2012 at 06:54 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    purely on schedule this is a 9 or 10 win team. will they go far in the playoffs, who knows but they should be a winning team in 2012.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    The Steelers OL the last several seasons has been awful, it's why they drafted 2 OL'n at the top of this past year's draft, and they are about to go into this season with a gaping hole at OG now that DeCastro is hurt.

Already, you diatribe is a huge fail. All teams go into a season with holes, it' why we will see many teams making a lot of moves after the final cutdown next week.

Oh, and the Pats OL has sucked all pre-season, as has their offense for the most part, and their defense was one of the WORST in the league last year... Without Brady, the Pats are a very average team, the Jets don't yet have a Brady at QB, but they are close enough with Sanchez that they went to the AFCCG two years in a row.

You may put your head back in the sand...

Pats left side of their OL has been hurt until last game where they saw limited snaps. The line should be fine in a week or two. Perhaps the Pats are average without Brady, but they'd still be better than the jets. And Sanchez doidn't carry the team to 2 AFCCGs, an elite D and running game did. And I have news. Your running game is no longer elite.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Pats left side of their OL has been hurt until last game where they saw limited snaps. The line should be fine in a week or two. Perhaps the Pats are average without Brady, but they'd still be better than the jets. And Sanchez doidn't carry the team to 2 AFCCGs, an elite D and running game did. And I have news. Your running game is no longer elite.
    the pats without brady are not going to be better than the jets. sorry. brady is worth at least 6 wins on his own

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    I don't think we'll win 5 games.
    Fixed

Defense can only do so much...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports View Post
    Fixed

Defense can only do so much...
    Really?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Hysterical melodrama?! Maybe you should put as much time into evaluating the NYJ as you do trying to appear as though you know more than others?

The NYJ because they had a horrible situation at RT just LAST SEASON, no less, went 8-8 and missed the playoffs altogether because of one what did you say? All-Pro #1 Draft Picks at almost EVERY position along the OL except one. Well 8-8, is the result of such awesome talent as you would clearly claim.

As I said once already Tanny apparently hasn't read his own history books. Do you remember the Pete Kendall fiasco? Or are you in such a NYJ induced delirium that you are incapable of evaluating the team properly?

What I want is not an unrealistic measure of perfection. It's called protecting a young QB so we can see what the kid has. Maximizing his chances at success.

Well, 8-8 is the results of that. Are you satisfied with that?I strangely doubt you are. And if by chance you ARE satisfied with that, I rest my case.
    TLDR: Boo hoo. Boo hoo.

Grow up Maine. They havn't played a SINGLE meaningful snap yet, and you're boo hoo hoo'ing like we sitting at 1-7 with both #1 and #2 QB's on IR.

If we ARE 1-7, then you'll have a point......

But today, it's still preseason/evaluation time, Howard looks great at RT, Sanchez looked ALOT better, the O is still vanilla as ****, and the #1 D looks great.

That may cause YOU to want to fire the entire staff and front office today, and give up on the season already, but I'd rather wait and see what they look like when the games count before I start evaluating what is what. This time of year is glorified practice.