Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 73

Thread: John Connor on the Bubble?

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Another 3rd grader retort by McRetard.
    Someone who thinks we're just going to sign MJD with our situation like it's nothing shouldn't call anyone a retard.

    And since he's still under contract with Jax we can't just go and sign him even if our contract situations allotted us that, genius.
    Last edited by McGinley; 08-26-2012 at 05:30 PM.

  2. #42
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post


    Teams do draft players to fit their system and philosophy and they do target these kind of players in the late rounds.

    Rex was a leader in scouting out Coples who other teams liked as well, so your point is dumb.
    RAYRAY.....Grow up. What are you 12 years old?

  3. #43
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,604
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    LOL. Just one more example of "Ground and pound" without the personnel.
    Wait...RAYRAY is about to hand Tanny and REX the JI award.

  4. #44
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachelors III View Post
    What does Baker do that his "value" is much more than Connor's?
    Baker is a solid blocker on returns and he's frequently in on plays as a defender. And he keeps improving. He's a solid ST player.

    I've never noticed John Conner doing anything of value. The guy is a total JAG.

  5. #45
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    8,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Baker is a solid blocker on returns and he's frequently in on plays as a defender. And he keeps improving. He's a solid ST player.

    I've never noticed John Conner doing anything of value. The guy is a total JAG.
    It was a Mike Nugent-ish pick.

    "now your set at FB for the next 10 years"

  6. #46
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,483
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Someone who thinks we're just going to sign MJD with our situation like it's nothing shouldn't call anyone a retard.

    And since he's still under contract with Jax we can't just go and sign him even if our contract situations allotted us that, genius.
    It's the GM's job to sort it out and take the appropriate action.

    All I said was get him signed.

    Again, you're a complete fool.

  7. #47
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Pretty sure Conner wasn't scouted for his offensive ability only, Rex had some interest because of his ability to blow people up, which I would agree by some in this thread, Conner has not yet lived up to the traditional role of the type of FB he is.

    Even DUMBER, is you jumping into yet another thread, throwing out your two cents, and completely **** up the conversation.
    Huh? He wasn't scouted for his offensive ability? Then what else?

    Yet another excuse for your man-love for Ryan.

    Don't say stupid things and I won't respond. You make it too easy.

    And what are the rules exactly for "jumping into threads?" If it's you it's okay but if it's someone who challenges your arguments, it's jumping in?

  8. #48
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,649
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    It was a Mike Nugent-ish pick.

    "now your set at FB for the next 10 years"
    It was more of a game to let Rex play GM for one pick of an offensive player.

    Something he's not qualified to do.

    But people like Ray Ray will defend it to the death because well, he's Rex Ryan and he's the bestest and he MUST have had a good reason!

  9. #49
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    8,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    It was more of a game to let Rex play GM for one pick of an offensive player.

    Something he's not qualified to do.

    But people like Ray Ray will defend it to the death because well, he's Rex Ryan and he's the bestest and he MUST have had a good reason!
    While different, FB's may be like QB's and need 3-5 years to develop. We might ship this guy out, and watch him become the next Lorenzo Neal, or Daryl Johnston. Impatient sojf's.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    It's the GM's job to sort it out and take the appropriate action.

    All I said was get him signed.

    Again, you're a complete fool.
    You should be an adviser for GMs everywhere. "just get it done"? Why hasn't anyone ever thought of that? Genius!

    Quick, someone call Tanny and tell him to just get Brady signed! Superbowl bound!


  11. #51
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,483
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    You should be an adviser for GMs everywhere. "just get it done"? Why hasn't anyone ever thought of that? Genius!

    Quick, someone call Tanny and tell him to just get Brady signed! Superbowl bound!

    Brady is happy where he is.

    MJD is unhappy and open to be traded.

    Talk about "logic," do you ever think before you post?

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Brady is happy where he is.

    MJD is unhappy and open to be traded.

    Do you ever think before you post?
    Manning was a FA. He COULDN’T stay where he was. Do you ever think before you post?

    You can't just go sign big names like it's nothing. This isn't the MLB.
    Last edited by McGinley; 08-26-2012 at 06:02 PM.

  13. #53
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,649
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    While different, FB's may be like QB's and need 3-5 years to develop. We might ship this guy out, and watch him become the next Lorenzo Neal, or Daryl Johnston. Impatient sojf's.
    I don't think you can afford to wait 3-5 years for a FB to develop. He's either got it or he doesn't.

    This guy just doesn't seem to have it.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    RAYRAY.....Grow up. What are you 12 years old?
    WTF?

    And the reason for this post was?

    Looks like you need a mirror.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    It was more of a game to let Rex play GM for one pick of an offensive player.

    Something he's not qualified to do.

    But people like Ray Ray will defend it to the death because well, he's Rex Ryan and he's the bestest and he MUST have had a good reason!
    Defend what? Why are you dragging my name into a post with another poster?

    Let me guess, looking for more confrontation? This is now the 3rd thread you're calling me out unprovoked. Again, you were asked to knock it off. A bannable offense.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Wait...RAYRAY is about to hand Tanny and REX the JI award.
    The JI award for what? YOU are the one that needs to grow up.

  17. #57
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,483
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Manning was a FA. Do you ever think before you post?
    Oh, that's so relevant.

    Change your bong water.

    You waste everyone's time when they click on your sh!t.

  18. #58
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    8,973
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Oh, that's so relevant.

    Change your bong water.

    You're wasting everyone's time when they click on your sh!t.
    Maybe he has an ash catcher. Might take weeks before you need a h2o swap.
    Think before you post.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Huh? He wasn't scouted for his offensive ability? Then what else?

    Yet another excuse for your man-love for Ryan.

    Don't say stupid things and I won't respond. You make it too easy.

    And what are the rules exactly for "jumping into threads?" If it's you it's okay but if it's someone who challenges your arguments, it's jumping in?
    Learn to read

    I didn't excuse Ryan for anything

    I said Ryan didn't like Conner for his offensive ability, he liked him for his physical play in college and his ability to light people up when he hit them. I even agreed with the masses in this thread that Conner has not lived up to that potential.

    You need a timeout, you're so pent up with venom with anything I say, you can't even comprehend what I write.

  20. #60
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,526
    Should've signed Vonta Leach two years ago when we had the chance.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us