Thread: Rate This Team

Rate This Team

10 man league standard yahoo.

QB Brady, Peyton Manning - yeah that is right Brady in the late 2nd Manning in the 6th! That chat exploded when I drafted both of them as late as I did.

WR Wallace, Colston, Torrey Smith, Sidney Rice, Bowe, and Crabtree - Went Wallace, Colston and Bowe 3rd 4th and 5th. Smith in the 8th and Crabby 12th. Some idiot dropped Rice for Kevin Smith after the draft. So I dropped Sanchez who was my last pick for him. I was 2nd on waivers list. May look to trade Bowe for Gates or use him to try to get Turner as a RB upgrade. Please thought on that? I really love Torry Smith and Rice.

RB Ray Rice, Bennie Wells, Mark Ingram, and Spiller - I grabbed Rice 3rd overall Wells 7th Ingram 10th and Spiller 13th. Hard to say this with friggen Rice but I feel this is my week area. Ingram and Spiller may both have very high potential this year though.

K Rackers - I always draft Rackers 14th

Def Jets - 11th

All League
    How come you took both so high, if you only start one?

I see you like Wallace, more so than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post

QB Brady, Peyton Manning - yeah that is right Brady in the late 2nd Manning in the 6th! That chat exploded when I drafted both of them as late as I did.

WR Wallace, Colston, Torrey Smith, Sidney Rice, Bowe, and Crabtree - Went Wallace, Colston and Bowe 3rd 4th and 5th. Smith in the 8th and Crabby 12th. Some idiot dropped Rice for Kevin Smith after the draft. So I dropped Sanchez who was my last pick for him. I was 2nd on waivers list. May look to trade Bowe for Gates or use him to try to get Turner as a RB upgrade. Please thought on that? I really love Torry Smith and Rice.

RB Ray Rice, Bennie Wells, Mark Ingram, and Spiller - I grabbed Rice 3rd overall Wells 7th Ingram 10th and Spiller 13th. Hard to say this with friggen Rice but I feel this is my week area. Ingram and Spiller may both have very high potential this year though.

Def Jets - 11th
    can you start 2 QBs? And Brady late second? That's ridiculous...

I personally have concerns about your RB outside of Rice and don't care for the WR's....but the WR group is more out of personal preference. If it were me, I'd drop Crabtree and pick up Ryan Williams (if he's available) to handcuff Wells.

Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    can you start 2 QBs? And Brady late second? That's ridiculous...

I personally have concerns about your RB outside of Rice and don't care for the WR's....but the WR group is more out of personal preference. If it were me, I'd drop Crabtree and pick up Ryan Williams (if he's available) to handcuff Wells.
    No only 1 or I'd look even better. I know right. I didn't even want him but at that value I had to. Yeah sense I did pick up Rice I was thinking of dropping Crabby for a waiver RB. I have nothing but confidence in that WR core. Wallace, Colston, and Torrey Smith where all on my top ten list this year. Rice and Bowe seem more question makes but both pretty good options. I can't really explain it but I'm buying into Smith big this year. Him and J Jones could be top ten easy IMO. Torrey clicked with Flacco late last year and I don't expect Boldin to do much. I was thinking Ridley, Evan Royster, Daniel Thomas, Kendall Hunter, or Taiwan Jones. I am not big on Williams. He is out there but Bennie looked really good last year despite that bad OL. Bennie is young and will likely get the full load. I really like the idea of Royster or Hunter actually. Royster looks good right now and I doubt SF stays with Gore all year.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    How come you took both so high, if you only start one?

I see you like Wallace, more so than me.
    It was just too good value to pass up. If Manning is even 80% what he is I just have to sit back and wait for someone to need a QB then rape them. I was actually going to go TE but there was a late run on TEs and the value just wasn't there. Wallace has put up solid #s 3 years in a row now. It is pretty safe to say he is good again for 1200 yards and 8 TDs. He is a top 10 fantasy WR with that. Hard to knock IMO.

Def Jets - 11th
    Just the fact that Kevin Smith was a FA after your draft was over is a sign that your competition is weak. The fact that you thing the guy was an idiot for dropping Rice for Smith... well he wasn't. As far as your draft, getting Brady is round 2 is amazing (also doesn't speak highly of your opposition). Manning is a nice QB to have on the bench this season. I would be highly concerned about the fact that you dont have a 2nd starting RB and you have zero depth there. Ingram and Spiller and even Beanie are all garbage. Kevin Smith would have been a better option.

Based on the lack of savvy in your league I advise you to hit up your waiver wire. See if Rashard Jennings is available. If he is grab him. If not look to see if Mikel Leshore is available. Leshore is backing up Smith in Detroit right now. Smith is money when he is healthy but he is ALWAYS injured. You can bank on that. I would also look for Evan Royster (I think that's his name) who is splitting carries with Beanie. Royster could end up as the starter there.

Your WR's look really solid. I'm not that high on Wallace this season but without knowing who was available at that point I can't criticize. I have Bowe in most of my leagues. I think he was undervalued.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Just the fact that Kevin Smith was a FA after your draft was over is a sign that your competition is weak. The fact that you thing the guy was an idiot for dropping Rice for Smith... well he wasn't. As far as your draft, getting Brady is round 2 is amazing (also doesn't speak highly of your opposition). Manning is a nice QB to have on the bench this season. I would be highly concerned about the fact that you dont have a 2nd starting RB and you have zero depth there. Ingram and Spiller and even Beanie are all garbage. Kevin Smith would have been a better option.

Based on the lack of savvy in your league I advise you to hit up your waiver wire. See if Rashard Jennings is available. If he is grab him. If not look to see if Mikel Leshore is available. Leshore is backing up Smith in Detroit right now. Smith is money when he is healthy but he is ALWAYS injured. You can bank on that. I would also look for Evan Royster (I think that's his name) who is splitting carries with Beanie. Royster could end up as the starter there.

Your WR's look really solid. I'm not that high on Wallace this season but without knowing who was available at that point I can't criticize. I have Bowe in most of my leagues. I think he was undervalued.
    Royster is in Washington and yes likely will start over Tim Hightower at some point. I am not high on Smith at all. Detriot is a pass 1st team and has 6 good backs and can't use any of them right. Non of them real have value IMO. He may be a hot pick up right now but still not Rice value who is owned in 99% of all leagues. I actually like Williams, Logan and Bell as well. They will see some time as well. When LeShoure and Best are back his value goes way down. The guy that dropped him has 5 RBs and Laurent Robinson on his bench. So yes it is a joke he dropped Rice for yet anther back that no one in the league wanted including me. He is a 2 game patch likely and he didn't need him.

I am OK with Bennie he is the starter and that is not going to change. 10 TDs and 1057 yards in 14 games is not bad #s. He was the 17th best back in fantasy last year. That was a good value pick. I do need depth though. I love Ingram and Spiller as potential low end high value. Ingram if he stays healthy will get all of Pierre Thomas TD runs. So there is pretty good value there as a BU. Spiller is splitting with a 32 year old so it is only a matter of time IMO. Buff already said he will get half the carries so not garbage at all. If I take anther back it should be a guy who is going to put stats up now. Rashard Jennings is open but I am better MJD will be back before they play. Even if not what value does he really have on that team? They are so bad I really dont expect them to have a lot of redzone touches. If Jax found anther MJD in a 7th rounder I'd be shocked. He may be good but will not be putting up good fantasy #s this year. That is just a bad situation all together. The guys I listed are really the better options for me. You like Royser so do I. He should have some good stats and I may pick him up.

Royster is in Washington and yes likely will start over Tim Hightower at some point. I am not high on Smith at all. Detriot is a pass 1st team and has 6 good backs and can't use any of them right. Non of them real have value IMO. He may be a hot pick up right now but still not Rice value who is owned in 99% of all leagues. I actually like Williams, Logan and Bell as well. They will see some time as well. When LeShoure and Best are back his value goes way down. The guy that dropped him has 5 RBs and Laurent Robinson on his bench. So yes it is a joke he dropped Rice for yet anther back that no one in the league wanted including me. He is a 2 game patch likely and he didn't need him.

I am OK with Bennie he is the starter and that is not going to change. 10 TDs and 1057 yards in 14 games is not bad #s. He was the 17th best back in fantasy last year. That was a good value pick. I do need depth though. I love Ingram and Spiller as potential low end high value. Ingram if he stays healthy will get all of Pierre Thomas TD runs. So there is pretty good value there as a BU. Spiller is splitting with a 32 year old so it is only a matter of time IMO. Buff already said he will get half the carries so not garbage at all. If I take anther back it should be a guy who is going to put stats up now. Rashard Jennings is open but I am better MJD will be back before they play. Even if not what value does he really have on that team? They are so bad I really dont expect them to have a lot of redzone touches. If Jax found anther MJD in a 7th rounder I'd be shocked. He may be good but will not be putting up good fantasy #s this year. That is just a bad situation all together. The guys I listed are really the better options for me. You like Royser so do I. He should have some good stats and I may pick him up.
    If Rashard is available grab him now and start him week one. Smith was money last season when he played. When he has been in games he puts up McCoy type stats. The problem is that he always gets injured. Beanie is coming off a major injury and remains gimpy. He is fine to start but I wouldnt count on him lasting very long. Too risky. Are you in a cash league of just "for fun"?

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    If Rashard is available grab him now and start him week one. Smith was money last season when he played. When he has been in games he puts up McCoy type stats. The problem is that he always gets injured. Beanie is coming off a major injury and remains gimpy. He is fine to start but I wouldnt count on him lasting very long. Too risky. Are you in a cash league of just "for fun"?
    This is just my fun league my serious league drafts in a few days. Na I'm good for week 1. I have no worries about Bennie. He will start over Williams and the 1st 6 games they play look like money to me for him even with that crappy OL. Every like Williams because he is more explosive but that line gives him nothing to start with so he hasn't looked good at all. Bennie is just the better fit right now. Jennings is not worth starting right now. He has some value if MJD doesn't resign but not as much as people are thinking. He was a late rounder that had a few good plays but overall I'm not expecting him to light it up on that O. Riley or Royter have much more value IMO. I went with Royster but may find a way to add Riley as well. Royster has some great matchups coming up and Washington is built to run the ball. All depends what Mark Ingram and NO look like in week 1. I may sell on Ingram to add Riley if he looks good.