Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Joey Haynos

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,303

    Joey Haynos

    Sparano's former #2 TE from Miami, let go by the Titans today.

    Overachieving type, a big guy who can block and has decent hands. Not a great athlete, but has produced in a reserve role.

    Wouldn't be shocked to see the Jets take a look. Not a great option by any means, but a better blocker than any TE currently on the roster.

  2. #2
    Sign this beast!

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,303
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Sign this beast!
    Only for short money.

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,067
    See what Sparano advises.

  5. #5
    I'd sign him in a second.

    As I've said in other threads I think the Jets should go double TE as their base offense. Picking up a guy like Haynos (who I've liked since he came out of Maryland) would be a solid move to that end. At 6-8 and 270 Haynos is the prototypical blocking TE. He'd nicely compliment our H-back / pass catching TE of Keller and Cumberland.

    Double TE reduces our need for WR and gives a nice push to the running game. That's the epitome of ground-and-pound. And it provides more protection to our shaky RT position.

  6. #6
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Green Frozen North
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    I'd sign him in a second.

    As I've said in other threads I think the Jets should go double TE as their base offense. Picking up a guy like Haynos (who I've liked since he came out of Maryland) would be a solid move to that end. At 6-8 and 270 Haynos is the prototypical blocking TE. He'd nicely compliment our H-back / pass catching TE of Keller and Cumberland.

    Double TE reduces our need for WR and gives a nice push to the running game. That's the epitome of ground-and-pound. And it provides more protection to our shaky RT position.


    Exactly the way I see it.
    It wont confuse any defense thats for sure but the kid needs a bit more time in order to feel comfy again.
    Im worried about the Kellen Clemens happy feet because the line is collapsing sundrome

  7. #7
    Never heard of him.. Any decent stats on him?

  8. #8
    Plus baker and Keller both limping off field might need some depth!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    I'd sign him in a second.

    As I've said in other threads I think the Jets should go double TE as their base offense. Picking up a guy like Haynos (who I've liked since he came out of Maryland) would be a solid move to that end. At 6-8 and 270 Haynos is the prototypical blocking TE. He'd nicely compliment our H-back / pass catching TE of Keller and Cumberland.

    Double TE reduces our need for WR and gives a nice push to the running game. That's the epitome of ground-and-pound. And it provides more protection to our shaky RT position.
    Howard is looking good at RT against a damn good pass rusher----Ground and Pound doesn't work.

  10. #10
    I def agree that Howard looks a 100 times better than hunter at RT!

  11. #11

  12. #12
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,092
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Howard is looking good at RT against a damn good pass rusher----
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman6 View Post
    I def agree that Howard looks a 100 times better than hunter at RT!
    +1

    Now what?


  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Howard is looking good at RT against a damn good pass rusher----Ground and Pound doesn't work.
    By definition, "ground and pound" simply means running the ball over and over until it wears the DLine out. It doesn't mean you're going to break 7 yard runs all day. Our OL is learning a new blocking scheme and I'm more than willing to give them time. Let's wait until the 4th quarter of the Bills game before we already declare our offensive philosophy DOA . . .

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us