Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL JETS VS. PANTHERS OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I don't see why you would sit and watch a football game for 3 hours if you don't derive any joy from it.

Our offense hasn't looked good, no question.

But I haven't given up on the season two weeks before it has even started.
    Exactly.

Anyone who's proven to put lots of stock into our first two preseason practices over the past couple of weeks, have then became the same posters/fans who've been exposed as being completely clueless in regards to NFL football.

Anyone who knows anything about the game of football understands that preseason practices are only designed for players to shake off rust heading into the regular season (decreasing the risk of potential injury), gaining a better feel for the speed of the game heading into the regular season, coaches evaluating younger players and/or offseason free agent additions etc, etc. Nothing more nothing less. You can't even compare starters to backups (performance wise) during preseason games due to the fact that backups aren't going up against the same #1's that the starters went up againt. For better or worse.

It's nothing more than practice and far from actual NFL gametime. To judge a player with preseason evaluation, that's o.k. But to judge an offensive unit, defensive unit and/or team during preseason practice? Especially during the first two games? Now that's showing no knowledge of the game of football. Preseason game #3's are the closest thing that's acceptable in regards to judging team performance during preseason warm-up's.
    Last edited by TampaBayJet; 08-26-2012 at 06:31 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Yep, it's pretty pathetic that threads like this are allowed to be created, the same tired bull****, the same tired schtick!
    What about the threads that call out posters?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I don't see why you would sit and watch a football game for 3 hours if you don't derive any joy from it.

Our offense hasn't looked good, no question.

But I haven't given up on the season two weeks before it has even started.
    Its called love/addiction/fandom.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    What about the threads that call out posters?
    Baiting posters is also a bannable offense, and considering you love to get on your pedestal to lecture posters, there was no reason for this post, but you just couldn't help yourself...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let sanchez play the whole 1st half and let tebow play the 3rd with the ones.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    SAR has already accomplished what he wanted. This thread is already a disaster, only on the second page.

Can we please talk about the game?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Just
    End
    The
    Season.

Seriously tho, now.
    LOL! Hysterical!
    I have never seen this before, did you come up with it?
    You should definitely take this goldmine you're sitting on, make t-shirts, and sell them to Giants fans, because that has never been done before.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    SAR has already accomplished what he wanted. This thread is already a disaster, only on the second page.

Forgive me...

Jets 297
    Carolina 6

My lock of the week.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL.

People take things way too seriously. This is an online forum. Not the Pentagon. This conversations are meaningless.

Getting back to the game, I would love to see the offense score a touchdown and have a nice sustained drive.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do not like what I am hearing out of Brick on SNY now. Sounds incredibly soft and content.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just want to see Sanchez throw a Touchdown tonight and not see him on his A$$ everytime he dropsback.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL.

People take things way too seriously. This is an online forum. Not the Pentagon. This conversations are meaningless.

Getting back to the game, I would love to see the offense score a touchdown and have a nice sustained drive.
    Don't make comments like that. Then he wins. People come here to talk about football first, not pretend their above everyone, DDNYJets.

This is a message board for adults, but it's filled with children. Everything isn't always about one person.

If it doesn't bother you, don't ever complain when someone says something stupid.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heineken08 View Post
    Just want to see Sanchez throw a Touchdown tonight and not see him on his A$$ everytime he dropsback.
    That would be awesome. All eyes on Howard.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't make comments like that. Then he wins. People come here to talk about football first, not pretend their above everyone, DDNYJets.

This is a message board for adults, but it's filled with children. Everything isn't always about one person.
    So then why react to the one person? Adults can control their reactions. People don't realize that the only control "trolls" have is the control that is given to them by those that react. The reactions is what makes him win. Just ignore him completely or ignore the parts your don't like. I believe in free will. Nobody makes me say anything I don't want to or react to something I don't want to.

You can have last word b.c just by us discussing this, he wins.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    DeVito out tonight. Coples gets the start. I'd like to see what he does in extended action vs the other guys 1s.

👍👍👍

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    And the douchetude starts. Can Newton just came out for warm ups and does the Jet.

Douche.

On a positive note, folk is killing it. Punter is knocking them out. Hope it translates to the game.

Buffalo chicken Mac and cheese was banging as usual.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    what is the over under sanchez throws a pick 6 or a int to a dlinemen?

anyway i am sure sanchez will be 18-20 for 50 yds 1td and 2 int's got to have that completion pctg

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    DeVito out tonight. Coples gets the start. I'd like to see what he does in extended action vs the other guys 1s.

👍👍👍
    Good opportunity to see him get extended snaps with the 1s.

Will be interesting to see our defense vs Newton. Revis v Smith. Carolina running game vs our D. Some good matchups.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good opportunity to see him get extended snaps with the 1s.

Will be interesting to see our defense vs Newton. Revis v Smith. Carolina running game vs our D. Some good matchups.
    I thought Smith was out

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    So then why react to the one person? Adults can control their reactions. People don't realize that the only control "trolls" have is the control that is given to them by those that react. The reactions is what makes him win. Just ignore him completely or ignore the parts your don't like. I believe in free will. Nobody makes me say anything I don't want to or react to something I don't want to.

You can have last word b.c just by us discussing this, he wins.
    Free will has nothing to do with this. Every time someone tries to say something positive, in comes posters like SAR who actively try to sabotage the thread. People like you feed into it by laughing it, and telling others not to care.

There's a difference between reacting to something and being the catalyst. SAR is undoubtedly the catalyst for almost every single thread's problems that he posts in.

I believe in free will as well, but I also believe in being allowed to look at something and participate in something that I enjoy and not be terrorized while doing it. Is it not free will for me to tell people that they're acting insensitive, self centered brats? That's my free will. If they don't like it, then they can run to the mods and complain about it. I call it like I see it, and I don't try to pretend I'm above all the other posters by telling them it's ok, that it doesn't bother me, and that it's free will. That's bull****.

If you can't understand that, then there's nothing else I can say to make you understand. Take your free will and press ignore. Or don't. I don't care, but I WILL call out the posters who act like SAR. Hate me, yell at me, ban me, I don't care.

Where I come from there are repercussions for your mal-intent.