Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 1509

Thread: *** OFFICIAL JETS VS. PANTHERS OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD ***

  1. #41
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    I thought Smith was out
    Is he? I assumed he was playing.

    My bad.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    For real, it's almost like nobody is allowed to have any fun on this message board because some self centered egotistical cry baby windbag can't stop posting absolute garbage for 1 minute.

    Can you try to stop acting like a complete jackass? For 1 minute?

    I seriously doubt it. God have mercy on your soul, and your entire family for having to put up with you.
    +1

  3. #43
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,949
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    +1
    +2

  4. #44
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Free will has nothing to do with this. Every time someone tries to say something positive, in comes posters like SAR who actively try to sabotage the thread. People like you feed into it by laughing it, and telling others not to care.

    There's a difference between reacting to something and being the catalyst. SAR is undoubtedly the catalyst for almost every single thread's problems that he posts in.

    I believe in free will as well, but I also believe in being allowed to look at something and participate in something that I enjoy and not be terrorized while doing it. Is it not free will for me to tell people that they're acting insensitive, self centered brats? That's my free will. If they don't like it, then they can run to the mods and complain about it. I call it like I see it, and I don't try to pretend I'm above all the other posters by telling them it's ok, that it doesn't bother me, and that it's free will. That's bull****.

    If you can't understand that, then there's nothing else I can say to make you understand. Take your free will and press ignore. Or don't. I don't care, but I WILL call out the posters who act like SAR. Hate me, yell at me, ban me, I don't care.

    Where I come from there are repercussions for your mal-intent.
    I firmly believe the only power people have over you is the power you give them. I don't think that makes me better than anyone. That is simply what I believe. Take it FWIW.

    IMO SAR is benign. I think there are other posters here that are much, much worse. He is an internet persona with an ever-changing schtick.

    I respect your POV, b.c I know you are coming from a sincere place. I was just trying to express how I view it. In no way was I judging how you treat posters. It is your free will to say whatever you want. I may not agree but I will always stick up for your right to do it. Same goes for SAR. So long as he doesn't make personal attacks or vulgarity.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 08-26-2012 at 07:32 PM.

  5. #45
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    25,836
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I firmly believe the only power people have over you is the power you give them. I don't think that makes me better than anyone. That is simply what I believe. Take it FWIW.

    IMO SAR is benign. I think there are other posters here that are much, much worse.

    I respect your POV, b.c I know you are coming from a sincere place. I was just trying to express how I view it. In no way was I judging how you treat posters. It is your free will to say whatever you want. I may not agree but I will always stick up for your right to do it.
    Fair enough. I'm going to try and watch the game while I pack for my trip. I'd like to be able to talk about it during and after. See you then.

  6. #46
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Free will has nothing to do with this. Every time someone tries to say something positive, in comes posters like SAR who actively try to sabotage the thread. People like you feed into it by laughing it, and telling others not to care.

    There's a difference between reacting to something and being the catalyst. SAR is undoubtedly the catalyst for almost every single thread's problems that he posts in.

    I believe in free will as well, but I also believe in being allowed to look at something and participate in something that I enjoy and not be terrorized while doing it. Is it not free will for me to tell people that they're acting insensitive, self centered brats? That's my free will. If they don't like it, then they can run to the mods and complain about it. I call it like I see it, and I don't try to pretend I'm above all the other posters by telling them it's ok, that it doesn't bother me, and that it's free will. That's bull****.

    If you can't understand that, then there's nothing else I can say to make you understand. Take your free will and press ignore. Or don't. I don't care, but I WILL call out the posters who act like SAR. Hate me, yell at me, ban me, I don't care.

    Where I come from there are repercussions for your mal-intent.


    Well said, on every level, and somebody's soap box and pedestal was just shoved up his ass.

  7. #47
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    cape coral fl.
    Posts
    2,693
    Post Thanks / Like

  8. #48
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    25,836
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    Thanks, man. I was just about to ask.

  9. #49
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,635
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is what I expect to see.

    I don't care what the defense does tonight. They've already shown me that they are going to be good.

    It's all about the offense. People seem to forget that the Jets have played two very good defensive teams in the Bengals and Giants and naturally have struggled. Carolina is not such a team. If they have trouble moving the ball against Carolina, then I would be a bit concerned.

    I would like to see how Howard fares in the RT. He can't be worse than Hunter.

    The Jets have done a good job running the ball in the preseason. Let's see that continue.

  10. #50
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    Outstanding interview.

  11. #51
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    851
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will we score a TD tonight? If so, how? I say we get 1.

    Greene trucks it in. If not, short dump-off to Keller.

    You?

    DC

  12. #52
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    cape coral fl.
    Posts
    2,693
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Thanks, man. I was just about to ask.
    no problem bro... tonight the jets score i cant fell it!!!!! or it could just be the chilli i had for dinner...

  13. #53
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,556
    Post Thanks / Like
    looking forward to the 9 point effort by the Jets O. CAN'T WAIT!!!

  14. #54
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,635
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    looking forward to the 9 point effort by the Jets O. CAN'T WAIT!!!
    If it's a TD and Safety, I'll take it.

  15. #55
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,635
    Post Thanks / Like
    By the way, in case all of you overreact to this, look at New England and see if they're worried about their underachieving in this preseason.

  16. #56
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,661
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just give me a Jets TD...JUST ONE! THAT'S ALL I ASK!!

    (and then......GIVE ME ANOTHER! AND ANOTHER!!)

  17. #57
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,588
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want the Offensive Line to play well tonight , looking to see how Howard plays hopefully he can hold his own.

    It is important to have a good offensive showing tonight to build confidence.

  18. #58
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    25,836
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post


    Well said, on every level, and somebody's soap box and pedestal was just shoved up his ass.
    No, Ray. I don't want to make it seem it was directed at one person for the sake of it. I want everyone on here to be able to enjoy themselves. If you want to argue, let's go to Congress and watch the Dems and Repubs eat themselves. DD is alright, IMO.

  19. #59
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just came down Paterson Plank from Jerry's, split the Jesse Salad, Chicken Scarpielo and Veal Milanese, Belvedere Martinis.

    Beautiful night at the Stadium.

    Go Jets.

    _

  20. #60
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,357
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Don't make comments like that. Then he wins. People come here to talk about football first, not pretend their above everyone, DDNYJets.

    This is a message board for adults, but it's filled with children. Everything isn't always about one person.

    If it doesn't bother you, don't ever complain when someone says something stupid.
    Past....you forgot the Anti-Bullying class you took rather quickly.

    SAR I

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us