Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keller Injures Hamstring

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Fasano was just an example.

And I'd still pick him up in a heartbeat if Miami releases him.

My point is this, I'll take a "solid" well rounded TE over Keller in this offense.

Keller isn't worth the money he'll want at seasons end. The guy is a total liability as a blocker and goes down on first contact way too easily.
    You know how many people don't see this. It bothers me that he gets tackled by the white lines on the field.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    You know how many people don't see this. It bothers me that he gets tackled by the white lines on the field.
    The guy is 250 and plays like a 180lb tailback in the open field...without the explosiveness.

Dustin Keller, who pulled a hamstring on the first series of Sunday night's loss to the Panthers, said early Monday morning that he expects to face the Bills in 13 days. That's good news for the Jets' struggling offense.

"I should be fine for the season opener," Keller said in a text message to ESPNNewYork.com, adding that he may avoid an MRI exam because "it's not that bad."

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...medium=twitter

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Dustin Keller, who pulled a hamstring on the first series of Sunday night's loss to the Panthers, said early Monday morning that he expects to face the Bills in 13 days. That's good news for the Jets' struggling offense.

"I should be fine for the season opener," Keller said in a text message to ESPNNewYork.com, adding that he may avoid an MRI exam because "it's not that bad."

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...medium=twitter
    I believe that because of the way he ran off the field.

It didn't appear to be a bad pull.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Keller got hurt tonight because he was being a p#ssy. He should have ran the guy over in front of him. Instead, he shies away from contact, gets down and hurts himself. Unbelievable.
    Except that he went down because of the injury tough guy.

Jets Insider VIP
    I just want a real TE on this roster.

Keller, Cumberland, and Baker are all completely useless as blockers.

For a team that supposedly wants to "ground and pound", not having an adequate blocking TE on this roster makes zero sense.
    Epps can block and so can Lloyd. The sky is falling......

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Epps can block and so can Lloyd. The sky is falling......
    How do you know this? I'm curious.

Veteran
    I went back and looked at the play Keller got injured on and it was because he was trying to make some awkward looking slide to avoid contact. Had he just kept running and bowled over the defender, he probably doesn't get injured, at least not the hamstring anyway. I get it that it is preseason and all but I believe in the theory of playing all out, all the time. It is when you let up that injuries often occur.

On a side not, Epps didn't look to bad out there; with a few reps he could be decent. I hope Cumberland can get some reps next week. This guy is like the Chad Schilens of Tight ends.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
    I went back and looked at the play Keller got injured on and it was because he was trying to make some awkward looking slide to avoid contact. Had he just kept running and bowled over the defender, he probably doesn't get injured, at least not the hamstring anyway. I get it that it is preseason and all but I believe in the theory of playing all out, all the time. It is when you let up that injuries often occur.

On a side not, Epps didn't look to bad out there; with a few reps he could be decent. I hope Cumberland can get some reps next week. This guy is like the Chad Schilens of Tight ends.
    He injured it before the slide. He slid after he hurt it so he wouldn't get crushed.

People hate on Keller, but he's our best weapon on offense and I know that is not saying much.

All League
    Fasano was just an example.

And I'd still pick him up in a heartbeat if Miami releases him.

My point is this, I'll take a "solid" well rounded TE over Keller in this offense.

Keller isn't worth the money he'll want at seasons end. The guy is a total liability as a blocker and goes down on first contact way too easily.
    totally agree. on a team that attracts a lot of criticism, Keller gets a pass way too much. He's one of the most over-rated players on the team, IMO. Not that he's awful -- but there seems to be this broad opinion that he's some kind of star. I'm always reading that Keller "can make things happen with the ball in his hands." If that's true, I've rarely seen it. No moves in the open field, and is off balance/loses his feet way too much. I find him very frustrating to watch because I often feel he leaves a lot of yards on the field when he gets the ball. And he totally disappears for whole games at a time. At best, he's a slightly above average starting TE...and I think that maybe I'm being generous there. Certainly not a guy to break the bank for.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Keller got hurt tonight because he was being a p#ssy. He should have ran the guy over in front of him. Instead, he shies away from contact, gets down and hurts himself. Unbelievable.
    http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-an...d-b23660081658

Watch it and retract.

Quote Originally Posted by gaffneycatch View Post
    totally agree. on a team that attracts a lot of criticism, Keller gets a pass way too much. He's one of the most over-rated players on the team, IMO. Not that he's awful -- but there seems to be this broad opinion that he's some kind of star. I'm always reading that Keller "can make things happen with the ball in his hands." If that's true, I've rarely seen it. No moves in the open field, and is off balance/loses his feet way too much. I find him very frustrating to watch because I often feel he leaves a lot of yards on the field when he gets the ball. And he totally disappears for whole games at a time. At best, he's a slightly above average starting TE...and I think that maybe I'm being generous there. Certainly not a guy to break the bank for.
    He was the leading reciever last year. What the hell is holmes doing for his $45 million?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    He was the leading reciever last year. What the hell is holmes doing for his $45 million?
    Holmes is a much more dangerous offensive weapon, IMO. but I have no problem with criticizing him for his play last year, his attitude, etc...and many people do.

Keller, on the other hand, attracts little criticism and is considered by many to be an elite TE. I just don't see it. He's mediocre, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    LOL

Orly Rex? Your only tangible contribution to this offense...is hurting your WR's?

What a dumb thing to say.

Consider "stfu" next time.

-
    Sometimes I wonder if everything is working in this guys brain.