Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Media has agenda, kills offense, fans buy in, problem, Tebow isn't a QB, game notes!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I don't know who you are and my post wasn't directed to you at all.

Something is wrong with you; you need professional help!!!!
    Most posters that have genius anywhere in their user name are anything but..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Its funny how many topics there are about how biased the media is, but in every thread we see posters regurgitate exactly what the media is saying.
    Because the media is right, that's why. The only thing the media is guilty of is spinning a faux quarterback controversy. Everything else they're writing is spot on.

This is just another excuse for a thread about rah-rah that has no basis in reality. Anyone who watched the last three weeks of Jets football, including the Cortland scrimmage, knows the real score.

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This team really needs to consider cutting Tebow. Boomer was right, the negative side of Tebowmania is going to killthis team. When you have idiots chanting for Tebow last night, it's only going to get worse during the season. There were a couple problems on offense last night, Mark Sanchez was not one of them.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    One thing you can always count on, on the day after a Jets game ...

Ray Ray's incessant tirade's of anti-Tebow rhetoric, as well as an affirmation of his undying man-love for Sanchez.

Sanchez looked great tonight ... Best so far this year.

Tebow's mechanics are a work in progress ... and he looked sub-par in an offense he will never, in a million years, be running this year. But he is improving.

We have yet to see the Tebow Package ... So can we all just calm down ...
    Dude are you BLIND or something? Tebow is NOT a starting caliber quarterback at this time. Maybe in a year or two of continuing improvement BUT NOT NOW. You change his name to Joe Blow and watch what you saw the last three games and there is no way he is even the 2ND STRING QB!

We should have got some reps for McElroy and Simms, you know, actually back up quarterbacks WHO CAN THROW THE BALL. At least we will get a hard look at them next week. I am particularly interested in seeing what Simms can do.

As Ray Ray said; Tebow is a situational player for us (and hopefully a very good one) and if he becomes more than that this team is totally screwed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    - I thought Ducasse looked VERY good, and really got a lot of good push. To me Moore has been very average, and IMO struggled a little tonight, need to re-watch the game, but I'd like to see Ducasse get playing time at either OG spot, he's so strong and has so much natural ability, I would feel good about Ducasse in the short yardage game.
    fans have crapped on Vlad for a couple years but he will be a starting guard at some point. Maybe next year for Slauson, maybe a few years from now for Moore. but he's a guard not a tackle.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    fans have crapped on Vlad for a couple years but he will be a starting guard at some point. Maybe next year for Slauson, maybe a few years from now for Moore. but he's a guard not a tackle.
    how many years can you keep a backup guard who can't play tackle or center?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Eventually some of them will realize, that not all players mature and are ready to play at the same time REGARDLESS WHERE THEY ARE DRAFTED, and that is why you have COACHES and a little PATIENCE.

Before it is all said and done Ducasse MAY become a good NFL player or at the very least serviceable.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    Good point but why would you cut him if he is better than any other back up guard on the team? Especially if you think he can eventually start? Not everyone can play multiple positions. I rather have someone who can play one position well than two positions poorly.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
    Eventually some of them will realize, that not all players mature and are ready to play at the same time REGARDLESS WHERE THEY ARE DRAFTED, and that is why you have COACHES and a little PATIENCE.

Before it is all said and done Ducasse MAY become a good NFL player or at the very least serviceable.
    Yep.

But fans have so little patience, it's disturbing.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
    Dude are you BLIND or something? Tebow is NOT a starting caliber quarterback at this time. Maybe in a year or two of continuing improvement BUT NOT NOW. You change his name to Joe Blow and watch what you saw the last three games and there is no way he is even the 2ND STRING QB!

We should have got some reps for McElroy and Simms, you know, actually back up quarterbacks WHO CAN THROW THE BALL. At least we will get a hard look at them next week. I am particularly interested in seeing what Simms can do.

As Ray Ray said; Tebow is a situational player for us (and hopefully a very good one) and if he becomes more than that this team is totally screwed.
    If Tebow is a situational player and not our 2nd string QB then should our 2nd string QB get some playing time?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangenius View Post
    Where was your post last week after Sanchez pick 6?

The bias on here is damn silly. Maybe Rex is a mastermind and brought in Tebow to make people forget that Sanchez is the worst QB in the league?
    Didn't tebow throw a pick in the same game?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai-Mai-Shu View Post
    If Tebow is a situational player and not our 2nd string QB then should our 2nd string QB get some playing time?
    He was given the 2nd string position. He didn't earn it. I would have loved to see a true qb competition in camp to determine who was 1, 2 or 3. I get the feeling it would have shaken out like this - Sanchez, McElroy, Simms, Tebow. or Tebow and then Simms. Thankfully this week we can view our real back up "quarterbacks" and see what they can do in game situations.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez played freaking great last night IMO

He was 11-18 for 123 yards...

Holmes dropped 1 that hit him right on the numbers in stride...

Epps dropped 1 that again hit him right in stride...

Hill dropped 2 that were perfectly thrown and should have caught that TD pass which makes it 3 and the INT was all on him...

So if the receivers didn't have the dropsies on perfectly thrown balls...

Sanchez should have been at least 15-18, and with a great catch in the endzone from Hill, 16-18 for close to 200 yards and a TD w/ no picks...

Sanchez was more than a game manager last night and looked like freaking Joe Montana compared to Tebow.

Since Baker is down, maybe we play Tebow at his FB/TE role and get our moneys worth, but I don't want Tebow taking any snaps whatsoever away from Sanchez...

ESPN is a GD joke with all their QB controversy BS...utterly F'ing ridiculous

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought Jay Richardson also played well last night..It'll be interesting if he makes the final 53.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    He started the 2nd half last night with the 1s in place of BMoore..Was it to give Moore alittle rest or is the CS looking to the future..

And Moore and Slauson are FAs at the end of the year...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    He started the 2nd half last night with the 1s in place of BMoore..Was it to give Moore alittle rest or is the CS looking to the future..

And Moore and Slauson are FAs at the end of the year...
    if ducasse doesn't start by next season, then you have to cut him. that's my point. if he continues to improve this year, then he starts next season, ok. but if he's a backup next year as well, he's just a waste of a roster spot.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    if ducasse doesn't start by next season, then you have to cut him. that's my point. if he continues to improve this year, then he starts next season, ok. but if he's a backup next year as well, he's just a waste of a roster spot.
    OK...Sorry...2013 is a long way off...Let's get through 2012 and see how things shake out.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Did the QB hand off the ball to Hill in that photo?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Because the media is right, that's why. The only thing the media is guilty of is spinning a faux quarterback controversy. Everything else they're writing is spot on.

This is just another excuse for a thread about rah-rah that has no basis in reality. Anyone who watched the last three weeks of Jets football, including the Cortland scrimmage, knows the real score.

SAR I
    There is no excuse for your self-aggrandizing sense of entitlement and arrogance.

You once asked me to not address you or acknowledge you in my posts, then practice what you preach, and stay the **** out of my threads.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah the evil media pointing out that the Jets are the first team in 35 years to not score a TD in first 3 preseason games. How dare they!