Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Media has agenda, kills offense, fans buy in, problem, Tebow isn't a QB, game notes!

Media has agenda, kills offense, fans buy in, problem, Tebow isn't a QB, game notes!

The Tebowites are no where to be found, this isn't a thread to rip Tebow though, it's to rip the media agendas and the fans that buy into their crap.

The reason the fans at the stadium are so wrapped up about TD's is because the media has been spinning the QB bull**** all pre-season.

NEWSFLASH, the offense has struggled the MOST when Tebow is playing under center and trying to run an NFL offense, he just can't do it, not effective, slow to make reads, slow release, doesn't make the throw in the window he needs to.

But that's ok, if anything, tonight hopefully showed the world, the morons in the media, the Tebowites, and anybody else buying into Tebowmania, he is not a starting QB.... Sorry...

BUT...

Tebow coming in to the game, to play wildcat, in short yardage situations, to run a spread option offense in SITUATIONS, the key word being, "SITUATION," during some critical moments of the game, Tebow can come in and be VERY effective, and the Jets haven't even begun to scratch the surface of what they will do with Tebow, they haven't showed anything, but it's coming, and all anybody has to do is go back and watch how Sparano ran the offense with Pennington and then Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams running the wildcat. It's going to be a great weapon.

But alas, we'll have to hear the media spin, the dumbass talk show radio hosts, and the rest of the clowns in the media talk about zero TD's thusfar...

Guess what, YOUR BOY Tebow has stagnated the offense whenever he is in the game, he just cannot pass the ball, he cannot lead an offense down field with a passing dynamic that the good passing teams and good QB's can bring to the game.

The Jets depth has played more than the starters to this point, Sanchez and the first team offense moved the ball tonight. Howard looked great in his debut, pass protection was much better, losing two more TE's tonight while already missing Cumberland hurt big time, this should not be underestimated, the TE is huge in Sparano's offense, the Jets were missing their top 3 players, Hunter had to play TE tonight, that hurts in the RZ, and is probably one of the biggest reasons we couldn't punch it in when we were down there tonight. Losing Keller and Baker also probably forced Sparano to make changes with his playcalling, and hold plays back. Again, this should NOT go unnoticed, it was big, and that is why tonight was a GOOD night for the offense, a lot of positives to take from tonight, especially the job of the OL, Howard comes in and shuts down a very prominent player, and overall, the pass protection was VERY good, amazing.

Some additional notes:

- Despite the drops, I love Hill's talent and upside

- Landry is going to be a stud, if he can stay healthy, it's going to be straight AWESOME watching him play and what he can do for this defense. The Jets haven't had a player of his calliber at safety in a LONG time. We're going to read a lot about Landry's play tonight, he was a wrecking ball, all over the field, fast, and destroyed 3 different WR's, causing pass breakups on at least 3 different plays.

- Wilkerson is a beast, loved what I saw of Coples

- I thought Bush played pretty well at the other safety, may go unnoticed, but I thought he was solid.

- It's funny, ESPN is shameless, they rip the Jets offense again, thought they do give SOME credit to Sanchez, but then jerk off all over Cam Newton and his whopping 60 yds of passing on 6 - 15 pass attempts.

- Folk IMO deserves the job, he looked solid, real good, can't have Brown missing short FG's, it's a tremendous battle that is going overlooked, Brown has a big leg, but Folk to my knowledge has been more consistent this camp, will be interesting to see what happens there.

- Losing Baker sucks, he was going to be a big part of the offense, hopefully it's not long term, but a player to keep an eye on that can be just as effective, the player Clay in Miami, he is also a FB/TE hybrid type of player, and I think he is dropping down the TE depth chart, because he is not a traditional TE, but he was very effective for Sparano last year, and has a lot of the same ability that Baker has.

- Kenrick Ellis had a huge night, his best as a Jet, he is progressing nicely

- Defense looks very good, nasty, and a lot faster, I thought Cro stood out with his play and physicality

- Not worried about the rust with Holmes

- Am worried about the running game, but I suppose we need to be patient. There was a lot of focus this week on pass protection, I'm sure, but with Howard now entrenched at RT, at least until further notice, the line with Howard needs to gain chemistry in the running game.

- I thought Ducasse looked VERY good, and really got a lot of good push. To me Moore has been very average, and IMO struggled a little tonight, need to re-watch the game, but I'd like to see Ducasse get playing time at either OG spot, he's so strong and has so much natural ability, I would feel good about Ducasse in the short yardage game.

The media again will harp on the lack of a TD, but this game revealed a lot of positives. The REAL negative is losing Baker!

I think the offense in the regular season with Tebow under center will look totally different than it does right now in the preseason. I'm not sure if will look 100% like Denver's at the end of last season, but it would be close to that.

Dat essay.

But for real, hopefully this shuts the Tebowites up.

All Pro
    I'd like to see Vlad in the RT spot (basically a second guard) with Howard playing TE (basically RT, but eligible) in short yardage. He has played a lot of TE in college. May be time to cut Hunter just for the spot, or trade him for someone else's disappointment. Sometimes a fresh start could make a difference. Think Maybin.

I forgot about Ellis. He had a monster game out there. The D Line was rushing around Cam all night. Landry is a beast. I hope he stays healthy. He can hit and delivers!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Very encouraged by the Jets tonight

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

being at the game it's amazing hearing the 'tebow' chants already.. apparently a good portion of our fan base doesnt realize you need to be able to complete a forward pass to be a QB

Hall Of Fame
    I can't wait for Demo to write a 1000 word post explaining how Tebow's issues tonite were "probably due to mechanics that can be easily fixed".

With lots of red font.

_

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    The Tebowites are no where to be found, this isn't a thread to rip Tebow though, it's to rip the media agendas and the fans that buy into their crap.

The reason the fans at the stadium are so wrapped up about TD's is because the media has been spinning the QB bull**** all pre-season.

NEWSFLASH, the offense has struggled the MOST when Tebow is playing under center and trying to run an NFL offense, he just can't do it, not effective, slow to make reads, slow release, doesn't make the throw in the window he needs to.

But that's ok, if anything, tonight hopefully showed the world, the morons in the media, the Tebowites, and anybody else buying into Tebowmania, he is not a starting QB.... Sorry...

BUT...

Tebow coming in to the game, to play wildcat, in short yardage situations, to run a spread option offense in SITUATIONS, the key word being, "SITUATION," during some critical moments of the game, Tebow can come in and be VERY effective, and the Jets haven't even begun to scratch the surface of what they will do with Tebow, they haven't showed anything, but it's coming, and all anybody has to do is go back and watch how Sparano ran the offense with Pennington and then Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams running the wildcat. It's going to be a great weapon.

But alas, we'll have to hear the media spin, the dumbass talk show radio hosts, and the rest of the clowns in the media talk about zero TD's thusfar...

Guess what, YOUR BOY Tebow has stagnated the offense whenever he is in the game, he just cannot pass the ball, he cannot lead an offense down field with a passing dynamic that the good passing teams and good QB's can bring to the game.

The Jets depth has played more than the starters to this point, Sanchez and the first team offense moved the ball tonight. Howard looked great in his debut, pass protection was much better, losing two more TE's tonight while already missing Cumberland hurt big time, this should not be underestimated, the TE is huge in Sparano's offense, the Jets were missing their top 3 players, Hunter had to play TE tonight, that hurts in the RZ, and is probably one of the biggest reasons we couldn't punch it in when we were down there tonight. Losing Keller and Baker also probably forced Sparano to make changes with his playcalling, and hold plays back. Again, this should NOT go unnoticed, it was big, and that is why tonight was a GOOD night for the offense, a lot of positives to take from tonight, especially the job of the OL, Howard comes in and shuts down a very prominent player, and overall, the pass protection was VERY good, amazing.

Some additional notes:

- Landry is going to be a stud, if he can stay healthy, it's going to be straight AWESOME watching him play and what he can do for this defense. The Jets haven't had a player of his calliber at safety in a LONG time. We're going to read a lot about Landry's play tonight, he was a wrecking ball, all over the field, fast, and destroyed 3 different WR's, causing pass breakups on at least 3 different plays.

- I thought Bush played pretty well at the other safety, may go unnoticed, but I thought he was solid.

- It's funny, ESPN is shameless, they rip the Jets offense again, thought they do give SOME credit to Sanchez, but then jerk off all over Cam Newton and his whopping 60 yds of passing on 6 - 15 pass attempts.

- Folk IMO deserves the job, he looked solid, real good, can't have Brown missing short FG's, it's a tremendous battle that is going overlooked, Brown has a big leg, but Folk to my knowledge has been more consistent this camp, will be interesting to see what happens there.

- Losing Baker sucks, he was going to be a big part of the offense, hopefully it's not long term, but a player to keep an eye on that can be just as effective, the player Clay in Miami, he is also a FB/TE hybrid type of player, and I think he is dropping down the TE depth chart, because he is not a traditional TE, but he was very effective for Sparano last year, and has a lot of the same ability that Baker has.

- Defense looks very good, nasty, and a lot faster, I thought Cro stood out with his play and physicality

- Am worried about the running game, but I suppose we need to be patient. There was a lot of focus this week on pass protection, I'm sure, but with Howard now entrenched at RT, at least until further notice, the line with Howard needs to gain chemistry in the running game.

- I thought Ducasse looked VERY good, and really got a lot of good push. To me Moore has been very average, and IMO struggled a little tonight, need to re-watch the game, but I'd like to see Ducasse get playing time at either OG spot, he's so strong and has so much natural ability, I would feel good about Ducasse in the short yardage game.

The media again will harp on the lack of a TD, but this game revealed a lot of positives. The REAL negative is losing Baker!
    Ray, when you are not guard-doggin other posters, you can be right on the money.

-

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    I think the offense in the regular season with Tebow under center will look totally different than it does right now in the preseason. I'm not sure if will look 100% like Denver's at the end of last season, but it would be close to that.
    Like Denver's last 3 games, right?

_

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    I can't wait for Demo to write a 1000 word post explaining how Tebow's issues tonite were "probably due to mechanics that can be easily fixed".

With lots of red font.

_
    Scary how accurate that description is, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Minkaveli View Post
    I forgot about Ellis. He had a monster game out there. The D Line was rushing around Cam all night. Landry is a beast. I hope he stays healthy. He can hit and delivers!
    Landry reminds me of when we had Ronnie Lott for those couple of years...just a presence out there, hits hard and makes plays. I hope he stays healthy too. He's playing for a contract, so maybe we can get a big-time year out of him.

There were plenty of those Tebowites in the stands chanting his name.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

BUT...

Some additional notes:

Excellent post, nice detail, I agree with everything.

One thing, with this shaping up to be a very tough year for the Offense, I really don't want to see 1 snap taken away from Sanchez, since they might have to draft a QB next year.

Do you think these Wildcat packages will even be effective with the amount of pressure they're likely to see in the box? (being that their running game looks very weak).

I followed the Tebow circus last year on Direct TV. He put up almost the exact same numbers at halftime every game 6-21, 1 INT, Denver's D kept every game close and this incredible, incredible run of pure luck happened for Denver, FG kicker nailing a 60+ yarder to win a game, this is after he hit a 59 yder to make the score closer, many games like that...had ZERO to do with Tebow QBing the team. Luck never runs 1 way forever.

I'm very unhappy his circus has pitched a tent in NY. Also, with all the extra film on him, he might get really hurt. That I don't wish for, seems like a good guy.

Video just for Adults...the man is right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST15FsGeUl4

Jets Insider VIP
    Twitter fools and media hatchet job on Sanchez is making me sick. Did they not see Tebow's craptastic performance tonight?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF View Post
    I'm very unhappy his circus has pitched a tent in NY.
    Agreed. As a Jet fan, why am I rooting for a back-up QB to go 3 and out?

And I dont dislike the guy, per se....

I just want him to be on the bench, s'ing tfu up...with sleeves on his damn shirt...until we need him in a pinch.

I cant have that...because the Jets and the media wont let me have that.

And if this rollercoaster ride with the fans (Te-bow, Te-bow!!!) effects Mark every time he has a bad series...its on this god forsaken, cursed franchise.

Stupidity.

-

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Agreed. As a Jet fan, why am I rooting for a back-up QB to go 3 and out?

And I dont dislike the guy, per se....

I just want him to be on the bench, s'ing tfu up...with sleeves on his damn shirt...until we need him in a pinch.

I cant have that...because the Jets and the media wont let me have that.

And if this rollercoaster ride with the fans (Te-bow, Te-bow!!!) effects Mark every time he has a bad series...its on this god forsaken, cursed franchise.

Stupidity.

-
    Absolutely...pure, pure stupidity....we have to know whether 1 QB has what it takes to win a Super Bowl (he sniffed one 2 years a row). We know that the "QB" named Tebow does NOT. So why take snaps away from Sanchez? The more I see of this, the more I'm convinced this is all Woody Johnson. Tannenbaum's certifications CPA/lawyer prove he has smarts, Ryan could design a Defense in 90 seconds that would hand Tebow his head (if he wasn't his coach now, and please no one bring up last years game, there is more than enough film on Tebow now). I just can't see the 2 of them wanting this guy....no it's "We can take print away from the Super Bowl Champion Giants...who cares if it sabotages the team, there will be religious nuts traveling from Tennessee to make sure that every single seat is sold".

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF View Post
    Video just for Adults...the man is right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST15FsGeUl4
    LOL

I love Bill Burr.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by InsideBlitz View Post
    There were plenty of those Tebowites in the stands chanting his name.
    That's cuz they are morons

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    being at the game it's amazing hearing the 'tebow' chants already.. apparently a good portion of our fan base doesnt realize you need to be able to complete a forward pass to be a QB
    I have been a Jet fan for over four decades now and the people who are chanting for Tebow now were the same ones telling me Kotite was doing an excellent job then!!!!