Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Media has agenda, kills offense, fans buy in, problem, Tebow isn't a QB, game notes!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangenius View Post
    Where was your post last week after Sanchez pick 6?

The bias on here is damn silly. Maybe Rex is a mastermind and brought in Tebow to make people forget that Sanchez is the worst QB in the league?
    I think it's absolutely hilarious that you're so angry Tebow played like **** last night and you're trying to take out your frustration on everyone who mentions it...

I also find it hysterical that you decided to attack the 2nd biggest Tebow homer on the board...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    One thing you can always count on, on the day after a Jets game ...

Ray Ray's incessant tirade's of anti-Tebow rhetoric, as well as an affirmation of his undying man-love for Sanchez.

Sanchez looked great tonight ... Best so far this year.

Tebow's mechanics are a work in progress ... and he looked sub-par in an offense he will never, in a million years, be running this year. But he is improving.

We have yet to see the Tebow Package ... So can we all just calm down ...
    RayRay19 is a Jets fan? Does he realize Tebow wears the green and white?

Douchebag, the Tebow bashing is old. I remember the Jets sitting at 8-5. Sanchez ruined the season. We finished 8-8. Don't you get tired of apologizing for Sanchez and blaming the offensive line and Shonn Greene. Blah blah blah.

Sanchez brought all this upon himself by not being dedicated to his craft. Photo shoots, white house dinners, dating teenagers.

Tebow time!
    LOL, did either of you turkeys even read my post?

First, the fans chanting Tebow at last night's game should be shot, it is embarrassing that there are a lot of you out there that are rooting for one player, and who probably aren't real Jets fans. It's hilarious you accuse me of not being a Jets fan.

Second, I loved the Tebow pick-up when it was made, I've said this many times before, and I'll say it again. I also mentioned in my post that I think we have yet to see the true value Tebow will bring to this team because Rex/Sparano are playing those cards close to the vest, but I like the fact that Sparano is trying to develop Tebow to play an NFL style offense. That is what coaches do during training camp and the pre-season, they save the stuff they will deploy during the year, for when the bullets start flying for real.

How you can call this post an incessant tirade is beyond me, you're so wrapped up in rooting for your hero, you're blinded by reality.

I've been a Jets fan for a long time, I'm as die-hard as they come, I loved the Tebow trade for ALL the RIGHT reasons, last night proved to YOU, the Skip Bayless's of the world, and all the Tebowmania clowns that he is NOT starting QB material, but I can't wait to see how the Jets will use him in this offense as a wildcat/spread-option QB in situational play.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    I was at the game. It seemed pretty obvious to me that Sanchez hit almost everyone in the chest or stomach on every throw he made. By the end of the year, Hill is going to be his best buddy. Mark that down.

And I really loved watching the defensive line. It's night and day from a few years ago. You basically can't run on our first team line. And even when they aren't recording the sack, they're altering a lot of throws and making QB's throw off their back foot.

I'm really not worried. When the time comes the Jets will be fine. The only thing I'm slightly worried about it the run game with Shonn Greene. Hasn't been very consistent.
    That's it in a nutshell. Unless Joe McKnight is going to be our cutback RB, we are pretty weak in the RB stable. One thing I liked was seeing Hill step up and make a couple of nice grabs after that muffed ball that was intercepted. He stepped up, which is good.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    That's it in a nutshell. Unless Joe McKnight is going to be our cutback RB, we are pretty weak in the RB stable. One thing I liked was seeing Hill step up and make a couple of nice grabs after that muffed ball that was intercepted. He stepped up, which is good.
    I will give the rookie some leeway. He's not really going to be a big factor for 2 more years, I am more dissapointed in our 10million dollar man Holmes. He constantly begs for the ball, then when he gets his chances he screws them up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    The Tebowites are no where to be found, this isn't a thread to rip Tebow though, it's to rip the media agendas and the fans that buy into their crap.

The reason the fans at the stadium are so wrapped up about TD's is because the media has been spinning the QB bull**** all pre-season.

NEWSFLASH, the offense has struggled the MOST when Tebow is playing under center and trying to run an NFL offense, he just can't do it, not effective, slow to make reads, slow release, doesn't make the throw in the window he needs to.

But that's ok, if anything, tonight hopefully showed the world, the morons in the media, the Tebowites, and anybody else buying into Tebowmania, he is not a starting QB.... Sorry...

BUT...

Tebow coming in to the game, to play wildcat, in short yardage situations, to run a spread option offense in SITUATIONS, the key word being, "SITUATION," during some critical moments of the game, Tebow can come in and be VERY effective, and the Jets haven't even begun to scratch the surface of what they will do with Tebow, they haven't showed anything, but it's coming, and all anybody has to do is go back and watch how Sparano ran the offense with Pennington and then Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams running the wildcat. It's going to be a great weapon.

But alas, we'll have to hear the media spin, the dumbass talk show radio hosts, and the rest of the clowns in the media talk about zero TD's thusfar...

Guess what, YOUR BOY Tebow has stagnated the offense whenever he is in the game, he just cannot pass the ball, he cannot lead an offense down field with a passing dynamic that the good passing teams and good QB's can bring to the game.

The Jets depth has played more than the starters to this point, Sanchez and the first team offense moved the ball tonight. Howard looked great in his debut, pass protection was much better, losing two more TE's tonight while already missing Cumberland hurt big time, this should not be underestimated, the TE is huge in Sparano's offense, the Jets were missing their top 3 players, Hunter had to play TE tonight, that hurts in the RZ, and is probably one of the biggest reasons we couldn't punch it in when we were down there tonight. Losing Keller and Baker also probably forced Sparano to make changes with his playcalling, and hold plays back. Again, this should NOT go unnoticed, it was big, and that is why tonight was a GOOD night for the offense, a lot of positives to take from tonight, especially the job of the OL, Howard comes in and shuts down a very prominent player, and overall, the pass protection was VERY good, amazing.

Some additional notes:

- Despite the drops, I love Hill's talent and upside

- Landry is going to be a stud, if he can stay healthy, it's going to be straight AWESOME watching him play and what he can do for this defense. The Jets haven't had a player of his calliber at safety in a LONG time. We're going to read a lot about Landry's play tonight, he was a wrecking ball, all over the field, fast, and destroyed 3 different WR's, causing pass breakups on at least 3 different plays.

- Wilkerson is a beast, loved what I saw of Coples

- I thought Bush played pretty well at the other safety, may go unnoticed, but I thought he was solid.

- It's funny, ESPN is shameless, they rip the Jets offense again, thought they do give SOME credit to Sanchez, but then jerk off all over Cam Newton and his whopping 60 yds of passing on 6 - 15 pass attempts.

- Folk IMO deserves the job, he looked solid, real good, can't have Brown missing short FG's, it's a tremendous battle that is going overlooked, Brown has a big leg, but Folk to my knowledge has been more consistent this camp, will be interesting to see what happens there.

- Losing Baker sucks, he was going to be a big part of the offense, hopefully it's not long term, but a player to keep an eye on that can be just as effective, the player Clay in Miami, he is also a FB/TE hybrid type of player, and I think he is dropping down the TE depth chart, because he is not a traditional TE, but he was very effective for Sparano last year, and has a lot of the same ability that Baker has.

- Kenrick Ellis had a huge night, his best as a Jet, he is progressing nicely

- Defense looks very good, nasty, and a lot faster, I thought Cro stood out with his play and physicality

- Not worried about the rust with Holmes

- Am worried about the running game, but I suppose we need to be patient. There was a lot of focus this week on pass protection, I'm sure, but with Howard now entrenched at RT, at least until further notice, the line with Howard needs to gain chemistry in the running game.

- I thought Ducasse looked VERY good, and really got a lot of good push. To me Moore has been very average, and IMO struggled a little tonight, need to re-watch the game, but I'd like to see Ducasse get playing time at either OG spot, he's so strong and has so much natural ability, I would feel good about Ducasse in the short yardage game.

The media again will harp on the lack of a TD, but this game revealed a lot of positives. The REAL negative is losing Baker!
    Ray Ray, this is your best post in years. Objective view of the game and the players that stood out. I actually find myself agreeing with you for once. Good post. Let's hope Howard continues to play well at RT. And Landry was a force in the first half. We didn't score a touchdown but the team looked much better tonight than in the two previous preseason games. Homes and Hill need to catch those passes from Sanchez, who looked very good throwing the ball last night. Ducasse played well when when he came in - time to for the coaching staff to use him a bit more substituting for Moore or Slauson.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn
    Forget right tackle, Sanch-bow and a pass rush. The Jets' greatest problem is continued absence of accountability and leadership.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow can not play ordinary QB in this league, that is evident. If he had to play a string of games the Jets would have to taylor make things fit his abilities like Denver did last year.

The fact that Tebow sucks does not make out 1st string offense any better. Zero tds in the pre season, only one or two impressive drives. The good things last night were that Howard looked 100 times better than swinging gate and that Sanchez threw the ball pretty well. The fact remains our offense sucks and we made a really lousy choice of oc in my opinion. The Jets really need to land a vet WR on waivers if you ask me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I'd like to see Vlad in the RT spot (basically a second guard) with Howard playing TE (basically RT, but eligible) in short yardage. He has played a lot of TE in college. May be time to cut Hunter just for the spot, or trade him for someone else's disappointment. Sometimes a fresh start could make a difference. Think Maybin.
    Vlad may be starting at RG before the year is out..

He started the 2nd half with the 1s..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Douchebag, the Tebow bashing is old. I remember the Jets sitting at 8-5. Sanchez ruined the season. We finished 8-8. Don't you get tired of apologizing for Sanchez and blaming the offensive line and Shonn Greene. Blah blah blah.

Sanchez brought all this upon himself by not being dedicated to his craft. Photo shoots, white house dinners, dating teenagers.

Tebow time!
    Sure just not as QB..He's not a NFL QB...Stevie Wonder can see that.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Ray, when you are not guard-doggin other posters, you can be right on the money.

-
    +1

When Ray doesn't attack anyone, he often quite good. A little homer, but thats ok.

Good OP Ray. Nice job.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Tebow time!
    Please tell me your joking???

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about this nugget from ESPN:
    Tone Time: Holmes made his preseason debut, reuniting with Sanchez for the first time since their celebrated feud last season. Unofficially, Holmes participated in 15 plays. He was targeted three times, catching an 8-yard slant but dropping another. By the way, NBC sideline reporter Michele Tafoya, shedding new light on the Sanchez-Holmes relationship, said former Jet LaDainian Tomlinson told her Saturday night that the two players didn't talk to each other for the last 13 games of last season.
    So as confirmed by anyone who watched last season. Holmes quit on the team after the baltimore game. 10 million a year, and he's had 2 100 yard games in 32 games. Not someone you build your offense around.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn
    Forget right tackle, Sanch-bow and a pass rush. The Jets' greatest problem is continued absence of accountability and leadership.
    I know that's not your quote CMart...but I'm very curious what Hahn meant by that. it looks to me like Sanchez is taking more of a vocal role in the offense. Cameras caught he and Santonio talking last night at least a couple of times. Is he referring to the coaching staff, I wonder?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ0815 View Post
    I know that's not your quote CMart...but I'm very curious what Hahn meant by that. it looks to me like Sanchez is taking more of a vocal role in the offense. Cameras caught he and Santonio talking last night at least a couple of times. Is he referring to the coaching staff, I wonder?
    Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn
    Lack of leadership in #Jets locker room was topic I raised on @ESPNNY98_7FM and @RichCimini addressed it strongly here: http://es.pn/Pio9ih

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its funny how many topics there are about how biased the media is, but in every thread we see posters regurgitate exactly what the media is saying.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Its funny how many topics there are about how biased the media is, but in every thread we see posters regurgitate exactly what the media is saying.
    I think the Media reflects the whiny Jet fan base.. We know that Cimini visits this site and then writes the same as the Whiners post..

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now dork, the guys who believe in Kotite are the same people stubborn and sticking behind Sanchez after you were calling for his head just months ago. You are easily manipulated... Try having an original thought for once.
    Lighten up Francis.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I think the Media reflects the whiny Jet fan base.. We know that Cimini visits this site and then writes the same as the Whiners post..
    Lets hope the Jills are eating this up too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The media reports what happened the fan thinks what he saw is going to happen.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now dork, the guys who believe in Kotite are the same people stubborn and sticking behind Sanchez after you were calling for his head just months ago. You are easily manipulated... Try having an original thought for once.
    I don't know who you are and my post wasn't directed to you at all.

Something is wrong with you; you need professional help!!!!