Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Media has agenda, kills offense, fans buy in, problem, Tebow isn't a QB, game notes!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    I can't wait for Demo to write a 1000 word post explaining how Tebow's issues tonite were "probably due to mechanics that can be easily fixed".

With lots of red font.

_

Will have to go back and watch the game again, but the problems I saw tonight weren't really with his mechanics. Unless, of course, you consider "staring down your receiver" to be a mechanical thing.

He made some bad throws and some bad decisions.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thing you can always count on, on the day after a Jets game ...

Ray Ray's incessant tirade's of anti-Tebow rhetoric, as well as an affirmation of his undying man-love for Sanchez.

Sanchez looked great tonight ... Best so far this year.

Tebow's mechanics are a work in progress ... and he looked sub-par in an offense he will never, in a million years, be running this year. But he is improving.

We have yet to see the Tebow Package ... So can we all just calm down ...
    Last edited by Dunnie; 08-27-2012 at 07:15 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it was only pre season? Tebow has time to get better.

Other than that. Very good post.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 08-27-2012 at 07:34 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was at the game. It seemed pretty obvious to me that Sanchez hit almost everyone in the chest or stomach on every throw he made. By the end of the year, Hill is going to be his best buddy. Mark that down.

And I really loved watching the defensive line. It's night and day from a few years ago. You basically can't run on our first team line. And even when they aren't recording the sack, they're altering a lot of throws and making QB's throw off their back foot.

I'm really not worried. When the time comes the Jets will be fine. The only thing I'm slightly worried about it the run game with Shonn Greene. Hasn't been very consistent.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    I was at the game. It seemed pretty obvious to me that Sanchez hit almost everyone in the chest or stomach on every throw he made. By the end of the year, Hill is going to be his best buddy. Mark that down.

And I really loved watching the defensive line. It's night and day from a few years ago. You basically can't run on our first team line. And even when they aren't recording the sack, they're altering a lot of throws and making QB's throw off their back foot.

I'm really not worried. When the time comes the Jets will be fine. The only thing I'm slightly worried about it the run game with Shonn Greene. Hasn't been very consistent.
    Thank you nice report

Did you notice if the Jets WR besides Hill were obtaining seperation on their routes?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    The Tebowites are no where to be found, this isn't a thread to rip Tebow though, it's to rip the media agendas and the fans that buy into their crap.

The reason the fans at the stadium are so wrapped up about TD's is because the media has been spinning the QB bull**** all pre-season.

NEWSFLASH, the offense has struggled the MOST when Tebow is playing under center and trying to run an NFL offense, he just can't do it, not effective, slow to make reads, slow release, doesn't make the throw in the window he needs to.

But that's ok, if anything, tonight hopefully showed the world, the morons in the media, the Tebowites, and anybody else buying into Tebowmania, he is not a starting QB.... Sorry...

BUT...

Tebow coming in to the game, to play wildcat, in short yardage situations, to run a spread option offense in SITUATIONS, the key word being, "SITUATION," during some critical moments of the game, Tebow can come in and be VERY effective, and the Jets haven't even begun to scratch the surface of what they will do with Tebow, they haven't showed anything, but it's coming, and all anybody has to do is go back and watch how Sparano ran the offense with Pennington and then Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams running the wildcat. It's going to be a great weapon.

But alas, we'll have to hear the media spin, the dumbass talk show radio hosts, and the rest of the clowns in the media talk about zero TD's thusfar...

Guess what, YOUR BOY Tebow has stagnated the offense whenever he is in the game, he just cannot pass the ball, he cannot lead an offense down field with a passing dynamic that the good passing teams and good QB's can bring to the game.

The Jets depth has played more than the starters to this point, Sanchez and the first team offense moved the ball tonight. Howard looked great in his debut, pass protection was much better, losing two more TE's tonight while already missing Cumberland hurt big time, this should not be underestimated, the TE is huge in Sparano's offense, the Jets were missing their top 3 players, Hunter had to play TE tonight, that hurts in the RZ, and is probably one of the biggest reasons we couldn't punch it in when we were down there tonight. Losing Keller and Baker also probably forced Sparano to make changes with his playcalling, and hold plays back. Again, this should NOT go unnoticed, it was big, and that is why tonight was a GOOD night for the offense, a lot of positives to take from tonight, especially the job of the OL, Howard comes in and shuts down a very prominent player, and overall, the pass protection was VERY good, amazing.

Some additional notes:

- Despite the drops, I love Hill's talent and upside

- Landry is going to be a stud, if he can stay healthy, it's going to be straight AWESOME watching him play and what he can do for this defense. The Jets haven't had a player of his calliber at safety in a LONG time. We're going to read a lot about Landry's play tonight, he was a wrecking ball, all over the field, fast, and destroyed 3 different WR's, causing pass breakups on at least 3 different plays.

- Wilkerson is a beast, loved what I saw of Coples

- I thought Bush played pretty well at the other safety, may go unnoticed, but I thought he was solid.

- It's funny, ESPN is shameless, they rip the Jets offense again, thought they do give SOME credit to Sanchez, but then jerk off all over Cam Newton and his whopping 60 yds of passing on 6 - 15 pass attempts.

- Folk IMO deserves the job, he looked solid, real good, can't have Brown missing short FG's, it's a tremendous battle that is going overlooked, Brown has a big leg, but Folk to my knowledge has been more consistent this camp, will be interesting to see what happens there.

- Losing Baker sucks, he was going to be a big part of the offense, hopefully it's not long term, but a player to keep an eye on that can be just as effective, the player Clay in Miami, he is also a FB/TE hybrid type of player, and I think he is dropping down the TE depth chart, because he is not a traditional TE, but he was very effective for Sparano last year, and has a lot of the same ability that Baker has.

- Kenrick Ellis had a huge night, his best as a Jet, he is progressing nicely

- Defense looks very good, nasty, and a lot faster, I thought Cro stood out with his play and physicality

- Not worried about the rust with Holmes

- Am worried about the running game, but I suppose we need to be patient. There was a lot of focus this week on pass protection, I'm sure, but with Howard now entrenched at RT, at least until further notice, the line with Howard needs to gain chemistry in the running game.

- I thought Ducasse looked VERY good, and really got a lot of good push. To me Moore has been very average, and IMO struggled a little tonight, need to re-watch the game, but I'd like to see Ducasse get playing time at either OG spot, he's so strong and has so much natural ability, I would feel good about Ducasse in the short yardage game.

The media again will harp on the lack of a TD, but this game revealed a lot of positives. The REAL negative is losing Baker!
    This should be posted on an ESPN blog to show the media how to report on a football game...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    RayRay19 is a Jets fan? Does he realize Tebow wears the green and white?

Douchebag, the Tebow bashing is old. I remember the Jets sitting at 8-5. Sanchez ruined the season. We finished 8-8. Don't you get tired of apologizing for Sanchez and blaming the offensive line and Shonn Greene. Blah blah blah.

Sanchez brought all this upon himself by not being dedicated to his craft. Photo shoots, white house dinners, dating teenagers.

Tebow time!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Will have to go back and watch the game again, but the problems I saw tonight weren't really with his mechanics. Unless, of course, you consider "staring down your receiver" to be a mechanical thing.

He made some bad throws and some bad decisions.
    Where was your post last week after Sanchez pick 6?

The bias on here is damn silly. Maybe Rex is a mastermind and brought in Tebow to make people forget that Sanchez is the worst QB in the league?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangenius View Post

Douchebag, the Tebow bashing is old. I remember the Jets sitting at 8-5. Sanchez ruined the season. We finished 8-8. Don't you get tired of apologizing for Sanchez and blaming the offensive line and Shonn Greene. Blah blah blah.

Sanchez brought all this upon himself by not being dedicated to his craft. Photo shoots, white house dinners, dating teenagers.

Tebow time!

So you complain about people bashing Tebow by bashing Sanchez and calling someone a douchebag for doing so. Thanks for your valuable contributions.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Tebow time!
    Lets get ready to RUMBLEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How do they not play McElroy? Ridiculous.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    One thing you can always count on, on the day after a Jets game ...

Ray Ray's incessant tirade's of anti-Tebow rhetoric, as well as an affirmation of his undying man-love for Sanchez.

Sanchez looked great tonight ... Best so far this year.

Tebow's mechanics are a work in progress ... and he looked sub-par in an offense he will never, in a million years, be running this year. But he is improving.

We have yet to see the Tebow Package ... So can we all just calm down ...
    Tebow is the 2nd string qb, Believe me starting qbs, especially guys like Mark
    that throw outside of the pocket get hurt a hell of lot lot. I certainly wish no bad will on him getting injured, but to ignore that possibility is foolish.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I have been a Jet fan for over four decades now and the people who are chanting for Tebow now were the same ones telling me Kotite was doing an excellent job then!!!!
    Now dork, the guys who believe in Kotite are the same people stubborn and sticking behind Sanchez after you were calling for his head just months ago. You are easily manipulated... Try having an original thought for once.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Bart Scott on offense: "Not my land to farm." #nyj
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite

Can't farm land without the right workers.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now dork, the guys who believe in Kotite are the same people stubborn and sticking behind Sanchez after you were calling for his head just months ago. You are easily manipulated... Try having an original thought for once.
    I'm gonna set the over/under for a ban for you at 12 noon.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is this Magnus and his Sanchez hate? Did Sanchez have sex with your wife, or daughter?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    once rex and sparano open up the offense and game plan, the offense with sanchez and tebow are going to light up the scoreboard. rex doesnt want to tip his hand. going to catch all the D's by suprise this season. no reason to get alarmed. and rex is the best defensive coach the nfl has ever seen. we going to hold the offenses to fg's all day.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsplumber View Post
    once rex and sparano open up the offense and game plan, the offense with sanchez and tebow are going to light up the scoreboard. rex doesnt want to tip his hand. going to catch all the D's by suprise this season. no reason to get alarmed. and rex is the best defensive coach the nfl has ever seen. we going to hold the offenses to fg's all day.
    QUOTE OF THE PRESEASON !!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post

Afraid to jinx it but I really agree with this.

Our D looked good. REAL good. RT seemed solid,OLINE played well.

yes we didn't score but last night wasn't terrible.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I rarely give you credit, but good post Ray.

Tebow is not an every down player. He's a utility guy, sort of like what Brad Smith was. There were several situations in the first half where I could see them using him effectively. Some of the short yardage situations, and one or two downs when the offense got in the red zone, and failed to punch it in. In those situations I can see Tebow being a factor running the ball out of the wildcat.

What I got out of the game:

- Shonn Greene is worrying me. He looks like he has no burst whatsoever.

- If given time in the pocket, we can win with Sanchez. He looked good.

- Austin Howard looked great. He earned the starting RT position as far as I'm concerned. That said I'd still look to bring in Kareem McKenzie as insurance, because Wayne Hunter is worse than we thought. He is absolutely terrible.

- Despite the personal foul penalty (which should have been offset by the Panthers player taking his helmet off), I liked that Slauson stepped in to protect his teammate.

- Our receivers need to hold on to the ball. Sanchez's INT was all on Stephen Hill. The pass was right on the numbers, and Hill couldn't catch it. Tone dropped a pass that would have been a huge gain, if not a TD.

- I'd be shocked if Josh Baker isn't done for the year. What a shame.

- Our D-Line has the potential to be special. Wilk, Ellis, and Coples looked great, and we have some good depth.

- If Laron Landry can stay healthy, he can be a scary addition to this defense. Two picks in two games, and he's laying people out on top of it.

- Bart Scott seems to be playing with a chip on his shoulder.

- I think Folk won the kicking job last night.