Thread: The most concerning part of this game

The most concerning part of this game

3rd down!

Panthers starters were 5/9 on 3rd down vs our 1st team

Our first telam offense was 2/10 vs the Panther 1st team

I'm not as concerned with our 3rd down O as much as our 3rd down D---It's been a problem for a while...

While the 3rd downs were concerning, they were not the most concerning in my humble opinion.

What was the most concerning were the implosions on offense.

Drops by Hill & Holmes would have blown up Sanchez's stats. Especially the missed end zone catch by Hill and the missed Hill catch which turned into an interception.

Then Slausson went and committed a person foul when we were getting into a groove on offense in the 3rd quarter. No reason to try and recover from that in the preseason. Not worth it in my opinion.

Glad someone had the cohonies to say it. While I think our D will get better, right now, it is status quo, can't get off of the field on 3rd down.

Maybe they figure they might as well just stay on the field anyway because the O will go 3 and out and they will have to go right back out there anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Glad someone had the cohonies to say it. While I think our D will get better, right now, it is status quo, can't get off of the field on 3rd down.

Maybe they figure they might as well just stay on the field anyway because the O will go 3 and out and they will have to go right back out there anyway.

The defense still has the same issue as last year it cant cover the Tight End and teams find the tight end wide open specially on third down. This has to be a the way the defense is structured.

Hall Of Fame
    Teams will go after Kyle Wilson all day on third down when he is out there as the nickel corner.

It's freaking preseason & the Jets D is again on the field to quickly after "getting off the field"
    They should have come up with that fumble, I hope it's not another season of bad bounces & greased hands.
    When this Offense can convert a 3rd & 1, to change freaking field position & the D still can't get off the field then I'll worry.
    By the way, Cam Newton is really good & had over 700 yards rushing last year.
    Any other QB last night would have been sacked on a couple of those plays.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Teams will go after Kyle Wilson all day on third down when he is out there as the nickel corner.
    Oh Kyle Brovlovsky, he is a joke and a quarter. If he were a little taller I would have said he was a joke and a half. Clearly another stellar NY Jets wasted high draft pick. He suxs period.