Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Start McKnight or Powell...who cares

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Start McKnight or Powell...who cares

Seriously, barring a big trade for someone like MJD, demote Greene back to his role from '09 and '10.

The best you can hope for from this guy is 2-3 yards and a cloud of dust everytime he touches the ball.

At least with McKnight and Powell, they offer somewhat of a big play threat and they can actually catch the ball. Powell looked pretty good in pass protection as well.

This whole Greene as a workhorse experiment needs to end.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didnt he have a nice 25 yard run when he actually got a hole?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    A hole the size of the Grand Canyon.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Seriously, barring a big trade for someone like MJD, demote Greene back to his role from '09 and '10.

The best you can hope for from this guy is 2-3 yards and a cloud of dust everytime he touches the ball.

At least with McKnight and Powell, they offer somewhat of a big play threat and they can actually catch the ball. Powell looked pretty good in pass protection as well.

I've been saying this for a while. Greene is a good closer, but he is extremely one dimensional, and not an everydown back. Sorry Shonn.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    Or Marilyn Chambers.

Seriously, at one point it was Greene and one man in a wide open field. Green couldn't even fall forward on the tackle.

Get McKnight in there.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Or Marilyn Chambers.

Seriously, at one point it was Greene and one man in a wide open field. Green couldn't even fall forward on the tackle.

Get McKnight in there.
    Or Tebow. Or Hunter. Greene handicaps the offense more than it has to be.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

+1 this guy leaves an extra 2-4 yards on the field every single time. It looks like he has never heard of the term "cutback" in his life.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Your boy Tebow is more of a threat to Shonn than Mark

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    That's BS. Mangold had a nice seal block that made it all possible, it wasn't a huge hole. Greene hit it hard and it was a big gain. Greene has his limitations, but you can't give the oline credit for big runs then blame Greene when the ground game isn't working. Yeah, Greene needs his OL to create holes to be effective, so does every other RB in football.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Greene broke tackles, I wouldn't have a problem with him. But he doesn't do that so what's his use?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    That's BS. Mangold had a nice seal block that made it all possible, it wasn't a huge hole. Greene hit it hard and it was a big gain. Greene has his limitations, but you can't give the oline credit for big runs then blame Greene when the ground game isn't working. Yeah, Greene needs his OL to create holes to be effective, so does every other RB in football.
    The guy isn't playing at Iowa anymore.

He's an average at best starter in this league.

If we want to make the ground game the focal point of this offense, then we need a better starting RB. Period.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will also ask what anyone has seen from McKnight as RB that makes you want him in there so badly? I don't ever recall watching him and thinking, man this guy is elusive. Greene's ability to make a 2 yard gain when getting hit at or behind the LOS is taken for granted.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guy isn't playing at Iowa anymore.

He's an average at best starter in this league.

If we want to make the ground game the focal point of this offense, then we need a better starting RB. Period.
    That's all well and good, but McKnight and Powell aren't those RB's, and have done nothing that warrants people thinking so. I don't disagree Greene may be average at best, but wanting Greene to be something he's not doesn't mean McKnight or Powell are better options.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Greene's best asset has always been his ability to power through contact. He's never been good at shedding tacklers, and that's gotten worse. A bread roll can wrap him up nowadays.

Anyway, NOW even his powering through contact upside has vanished. He's become at best a closer. We need a sizzler

Options.
    1- Lots of Tebow.
    2- Let Powell/McKnight open games
    3- Trade for Chris Ivory
    4- Sign Travis Henry
    5- Shock the world and trade for B. Tate
    6- Pick up Starks off Waivers. (my sources tell me he's going to be cut)

We can't afford MJD's would-be contract.
    Last edited by Paradis; 08-27-2012 at 12:41 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's all well and good, but McKnight and Powell aren't those RB's, and have done nothing that warrants people thinking so. I don't disagree Greene may be average at best, but wanting Greene to be something he's not doesn't mean McKnight or Powell are better options.
    IDK man, Powell shows that kind of slipperiness or elusiveness that Greene simply doesn't posses.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Powell and McKnight are relative unknowns, so there's always the off chance that we might have something there.

With Greene, we already know what he is.

And it's not good enough.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will also ask what anyone has seen from McKnight as RB that makes you want him in there so badly? I don't ever recall watching him and thinking, man this guy is elusive. Greene's ability to make a 2 yard gain when getting hit at or behind the LOS is taken for granted.
    Overall people are unfair to Shonn on this site, but he does have his limits. Jets needs another back. Two back system will work better for us and McKnight is not the answer

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    1- Lots of Tebow.
    This will most likely stay the same, and we'll end up passing more.

2- Let Powell/McKnight open games
    I've been saying that Greene is a closing back. He's good at that. Not so good as an everydown back.

3- Trade for Chris Ivory
    Will probably not make the Saints' roster and will be cut.

4- Sign Travis Henry
    I think he's done.

5- Shock the world and trade for B. Tate
    I've been saying this for months. Give up a #3 and be done with it. It's too late now.

6- Pick up Starks off Waivers. (my sources tell me he's going to be cut)
    Rotoworld has been saying he's going to get cut for weeks now, Nostradamus. It's not a secret. They just signed Benson AND Starks can't get healthy.

We can't afford MJD's would-be contract.
    We could but then we wouldn't be able to give the prince his ransom.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that they need someone else to contribute at RB, but I don't think McKnight is that guy. Bowell could be, time will tell there.

I will be the first to point out Greene's short comings, I just rhink he gets a raw deal. He's no different of a runner than he was 3 years ago when most people on here loved him. What has changed is the OL in front of him. Greene gets heat because he can't make something out of nothing, but in reality there aren't a lot of RBs that do that consistantly.

And believe it or not, if the guy played at Duke in college, I'd be saying the same thing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Rotoworld has been saying he's going to get cut for weeks now, Nostradamus. It's not a secret. They just signed Benson AND Starks can't get healthy.
    Neither can anyone else on this team! ...and yes, who do you think my sources are, Ted Thompson himself? Fcking rotoworld.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post

Will probably not make the Saints' roster and will be cut.
    Ah, no. His roster spot is quite safe. NOS always keep 4 backs and always end up using all 4. That trend isn't going to change this year. We'd have to make a call and bring by a basket of Easter Eggs.