Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Start McKnight or Powell...who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Neither can anyone else on this team! ...and yes, who do you think my sources are, Ted Thompson himself? Fcking rotoworld.

Ah, no. His roster spot is quite safe. NOS always keep 4 backs and always end up using all 4. That trend is going to change this year. We'd have to make a call and bring by a basket of Easter Eggs.

Just an FYI for some, but if the line isn't opening holes, Tebow wouldn't get many yards either unless the Jets were running an Option play, and even then, it helps to have some gaps/daylight to run to.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Just an FYI for some, but if the line isn't opening holes, Tebow wouldn't get many yards either unless the Jets were running an Option play, and even then, it helps to have some gaps/daylight to run to.
    I'm not judging Greene for his lack of being able to produce magic holes at LOS, I'm judging him for having no 2nd level anymore, and his declining ability to gain yards after contact.

All League
    I'm not judging Greene for his lack of being able to produce magic holes at LOS, I'm judging him for having no 2nd level anymore, and his declining ability to gain yards after contact.
    That is my biggest disappointment with Greene lately. He rarely stays on his feet after contact anymore. He will generally fall forward for a yard or 2, but he used to stay up and gain an extra 4 or 5 yards quite often. I have no idea the reasoning behind it. The only thing I could think of is it seems as if he is trying to hit the defender as hard as he can, rather on focusing on breaking the tackle and continuing on.

Greene is totally unable to juke a guy 1-on-1, it's frustrating. I much prefer him in the role of playing the 2nd half and taking advantage of a tired defense.

With the holes that were bring opened up tonight, McKnight probably would have broken one.

Fair enough. I'd just hope that being a "ground and pound" team, we'd be able to open some holes at the LOS and that the first real contact the Rb sees would be 3 or 4 yards passed the LOS.

I thought Greene looked great tonight. On the long run he made the first guy in open field miss, then was hit from the side. Greene dusted out a lot of punishment tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    I thought Greene looked great tonight. On the long run he made the first guy in open field miss, then was hit from the side. Greene dusted out a lot of punishment tonight.
    He had 2 decent runs tonight, one for 18 yards, the other for 10. On his other 11 carries, he avg'ed 1.7s ypc. Adding those 2 runs in, his avg was 3.61.

Again, don't now that it's him, or the Oline just not opening holes.

Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    A hole the size of the Grand Canyon.

Or Marilyn Chambers.

If Howard works out at RT, it won't matter, we will be fine. Greene will get his, and so will both other backs. Howard is the key...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Didnt he have a nice 25 yard run when he actually got a hole?
    U mean while some Panthers who won't even be playing unless someone gets injured were on the field .... yeah man ... awesome. Only took 2 and a half quarters!

I said it last year and got flamed .... this dude is NOT a featured back and he's a bum. You need to open up a massive hole for him or nothing. Teams clog the middle and force him to beat them on the edge because they know OLB's and some ends can even catch up to him. No one fears Greene getting behind them and breaking a long run. We're doomed with this guy ... He's no Jamal Lewis ..... Rex making that comparison was the worst thing he could do to Greene himself and this entire fanbase. Get Greene out of the featured back position and just have him as a change of pace guy, seriously. Carries should be split between McKnight & Greene and a little bit of Powell & when the 4th quarter starts Greene is a bit fresher and maybe he can be more effective. Until then ... whatever.