Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenrick Ellis is salty

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenrick Ellis is salty

This guy is ready for more playing time. Looked great tonight. Will probably push Pouha for playing time. Could he have been a better pick than Wilkerson was?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right now it looks like we hit the jackpot on the D-line.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Him, coples and maybin pressured cam the all first half.. I think mo, coples, Ellis and pouha will be an awesome front 4!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ellis will make Pouha expendable by seasons end.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downright dominated

He is the player I am most excited about

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wilkerson, Ellis, and Coples all looking nasty. great draft picks, the d-line is set for years.
    Incredibly deep now with Pouha, Devito, Mo, Coples, Ellis, Dixon, and Richardson. Throw in Maybin as the designated pass rusher and Pace as a 3rd down rusher too.

With this group you almost want to play 4-3 all the time just to get all this talent on the field.
    Last edited by JetsCrazey; 08-27-2012 at 12:56 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guy was consistently pushing a perrenial pro-bowler like Kalil right into Cam's face.

Dude is going to be a monster.

Looks almost Kris Jenkins-esque.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It looked like Ellis was going to get a sack a couple of times. Even when he got doubled he was still very disruptive and always around the ball. I thought he held his own against Ryan Kalil a 3 time pro bowler.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ellis looked absurd out there. He's a freaking mammoth who spun, pushed and chased down opponent's all night. I know he's been coming on strong this summer, but that was a straight coming out party. That was nearly some Kris Jenkins shi*t out there.

Seriously - If he keeps it up, and you add in the fact that Coples is beasting and Mo's only in his 2nd year... This Dline is could end up being our best yet.
    Last edited by Paradis; 08-27-2012 at 01:02 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    The guy was consistently pushing a perrenial pro-bowler like Kalil right into Cam's face.

Dude is going to be a monster.

Looks almost Kris Jenkins-esque.
    Shades of the Jenkins vs Houston game, clubbin motherfruckers like its nothing numerous times tonight.

We hit a home run here.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think a lot of people might have forgotten about his guy, but they'll remember soon enough. He really looks like he is coming into his own.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Ellis will make Pouha expendable by seasons end.
    It should be interesting. Always thought Ellis played well in limited playing time last season. Now? He looks like seasoned veteran.

I don't know that he'll make Pouha expendable, I want depth at the NT spot, but he'll definitely TAKE playing time away from Pouha.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a steal in the 3rd round.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    It should be interesting. Always thought Ellis played well in limited playing time last season. Now? He looks like seasoned veteran.

I don't know that he'll make Pouha expendable, I want depth at the NT spot, but he'll definitely TAKE playing time away from Pouha.
    We save something like $4 million against the cap if we release Pouha after this season. And in an offseason where we're going to have to make a big decision regarding Revis and have a bunch of guys scheduled to hit FA, that's money we could use.

Pouha has been good for us over the past 3 years, but we're talking about a guy who will be 34 years old at the end of the season and is now having back issues.

I'm all for having depth at the position, but we don't need that kind of money invested in a backup NT.

Pouha is a damn good run stuffer, but Ellis is a young beast who has the potential to not only blow up the run and take on double teams, but a guy who can collapse the pocket and put pressure on the QB. That's extremely rare in a noseguard.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    As long as he stays out of prison and out of trouble, he's gonna be a handful for a lot of OL's.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This guy is ready for more playing time. Looked great tonight. Will probably push Pouha for playing time. Could he have been a better pick than Wilkerson was?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Right now it looks like we hit the jackpot on the D-line.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a steal in the 3rd round.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

We need to have depth, we can rotate these guys and destroy people.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Should never have resigned Pouha. Ellis is ready. Jets coulda signed a cheap veteran stop gap to put depth behind Ellis. I loved this pick from day one.