Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenrick Ellis is salty

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looked beastly tonight, matter of fact so did the whole d-line. Coples, Wilkerson and Ellis is the 3-4 standard at d-line in the NFL in the coming years.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Should never have resigned Pouha. Ellis is ready. Jets coulda signed a cheap veteran stop gap to put depth behind Ellis. I loved this pick from day one.
    wow seriously, ellis was a zilch last year, pouha earned his money

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Z 6 View Post
    wow seriously, ellis was a zilch last year, pouha earned his money
    Ellis was a rookie who looked good any time he was allowed to play.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What makes it all even better is that Wilkerson is a monster too. He made a great stop on the play before Cam threw that TD to Murphy before the half.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just curious, how many rushing yards did the Panthers have running to the middle of the line?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Right now it looks like we hit the jackpot on the D-line.
    Again...afraid to jinx it BUT I was pretty happy as a fan last night.

watched the game in a Charlotte bar full of Panther fans and we looked stout on D. Cromartoie even played tough last night.

Too much to ask but could you imagine if Wilson could play up to his potential?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really sucks he's getting deported. Oh, wait...

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Looks like that time in the joint toughened him up!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Looks like that time in the joint toughened him up!
    LOL.

I think not having that cloud over his head has helped. And Dunbar.

Baby Jenks®

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Should never have resigned Pouha. Ellis is ready. Jets coulda signed a cheap veteran stop gap to put depth behind Ellis. I loved this pick from day one.
    You need depth on the D Line. Pouha, Ellis, Coples, Wilkerson, Devito, Dixon. Rex's Defense is loaded. Ellis couldn't handle the whole season on his own. Neither could Pouha.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    When they run a 43 line, it's obvious who's going to be next Pouha and it won't be DeVito, or at least it shouldn't be.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    You need depth on the D Line. Pouha, Ellis, Coples, Wilkerson, Devito, Dixon. Rex's Defense is loaded. Ellis couldn't handle the whole season on his own. Neither could Pouha.
    Pouha gets paid a lot, and he's nothing but a jag. I've never been impressed with him. He's a good stop-gap and he should split time with ellis this year. Next year Ellis should get the majority of the time and we look to add depth through FA/Drafting

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Pouha gets paid a lot, and he's nothing but a jag. I've never been impressed with him. He's a good stop-gap and he should split time with ellis this year. Next year Ellis should get the majority of the time and we look to add depth through FA/Drafting
    Hopefully we can sneak Damon Harrison onto the PS and can fill that role next year.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    We save something like $4 million against the cap if we release Pouha after this season. And in an offseason where we're going to have to make a big decision regarding Revis and have a bunch of guys scheduled to hit FA, that's money we could use.

Pouha has been good for us over the past 3 years, but we're talking about a guy who will be 34 years old at the end of the season and is now having back issues.

I'm all for having depth at the position, but we don't need that kind of money invested in a backup NT.

Pouha is a damn good run stuffer, but Ellis is a young beast who has the potential to not only blow up the run and take on double teams, but a guy who can collapse the pocket and put pressure on the QB. That's extremely rare in a noseguard.
    I think Pouha has enough value and a mangeable contract that we should try to trade him before just releasing him. He might garner a 3rd or 4th or a decent offensive player.

No question that Ellis is showing signs of being a beast. Much better potentially than Pouha in that he has more of an ability to get to the QB.

Edit: I take the manageable contract comment back. I didn't realize Pouha balloons to over $6M next season. Releasing sounds like the only option.
    Last edited by Jordy; 08-27-2012 at 10:38 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Ellis looked absurd out there. He's a freaking mammoth who spun, pushed and chased down opponent's all night. I know he's been coming on strong this summer, but that was a straight coming out party. That was nearly some Kris Jenkins shi*t out there.

Seriously - If he keeps it up, and you add in the fact that Coples is beasting and Mo's only in his 2nd year... This Dline is could end up being our best yet.
    +1
    He had a very impressive game! The D-Line can be really special this year if everyone stays healthy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Exactly. Pouha and Ellis are true NT's. You need two good ones to rotate and keep them fresh throught the game. If MTV comes in instead of Pouha, I think the NT position takes a serious talent dip.

And of course Rex' defense is loaded. He makes sure that Tanny keeps his coffer full on the defense.

Unfortunately, to the detriment of the offense.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Wait wait wait....one of our local "experts" tagged him as "druggie" when he was picked.

This guy can't possibly be good right?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No no no. Pouha was an absolutely necessary signing considering his production and Ellis being considered very raw as of 1 month ago. He also signed a very team friendly deal on the eve of FA and probably could've gotten another $5-10m on the open market.

Our D-Line is certainly stacked though and some team if going to get a bargain from whichever bubble guy in MTV, Richardson, or Harrison are cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Pouha gets paid a lot, and he's nothing but a jag. I've never been impressed with him.
    Last edited by ozu; 08-27-2012 at 10:44 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah the Jets have spent the last 2 years rebuilding the defensive line. Wilkerson, Ellis, Coples along with Pouha and Devito is nasty. They're generating a pass rush sending 4 guys now, which is huge. Now if they could do the same thing with the offensive line and skill positions...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last years draft isn't looking so bad now is it. If Powell can start to show something then I'd say it's one of our best in years