Thread: Kenrick Ellis is salty

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    He's great at stuffing the run.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...nsive-linemen/

Also had him as their 36th best player in the NFL last year

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...2011-40-to-31/
    I know he's pretty good against the run. Stats lie because most teams ran to the outside on us last year because we couldn't set the edge.

Pouha is a serviceable starter nothing more. He was a stop gap between Jenkins and our Next NT which looks like its gonna be Ellis.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisChrusher#40 View Post
    Thid D-Line looks outstanding. Add that to our already quality Dbs and LBs... I'm the most eager about this D in the regular season. And the O (it can't be as bad as they've shown).
    Wanna bet?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i don't see why we have to tear down Pouha to build up Ellis. They are both forces on the inside. Load em both up and dare the other team to run.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    I know he's pretty good against the run. Stats lie because most teams ran to the outside on us last year because we couldn't set the edge.

Pouha is a serviceable starter nothing more. He was a stop gap between Jenkins and our Next NT which looks like its gonna be Ellis.
    SERVICEABLE...
    He was only ranked as one of the top five run stuffing NT in the league.

Some Jets fans are just.............WoW.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    Wilkerson, Ellis, and Coples all looking nasty. great draft picks, the d-line is set for years.
    Incredibly deep now with Pouha, Devito, Mo, Coples, Ellis, Dixon, and Richardson. Throw in Maybin as the designated pass rusher and Pace as a 3rd down rusher too.

With this group you almost want to play 4-3 all the time just to get all this talent on the field.
    This pic shows last nights announced Jets starting DL. These Three Amigos are gonna wreck havoc on opponents for years to come. They are the young core for a Jets dominant D. That Rex is building...in the image of his Ravens, and Papa Buddy's, Bears and Eagles teams.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    This pic shows last nights announced Jets starting DL. These Three Amigos are gonna wreck havoc on opponents for years to come. They are the young core for a Jets dominant D. That Rex is building...in the image of his Ravens, and Papa Buddy's, Bears and Eagles teams.

The young core, this is not a mix match of free agents and young players, all 3 from the last 2 drafts...pretty impressive.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    If you actually had a sense of humor or knew how to joke (or at least had a reputation as such), people might be able to recognize that.
    I have a reputation for joking with people I actually respect. However, I certainly do not respect you.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

In that pic, Q cracks me the f up

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is nothing great about Pouha. He's a decent NT that doesn't get moved around too much but never makes a big push himself. He's just not an impact player.
    Well, sure, not everyone is. Just the same, Pouha is ranked as one of the very best NT's in the league today. Not everyone is capable of being Kris Jenkins. Are you basing your opinion of Pouha on what Kris Jenkins did while he was here? Because that is a very tall order. In fact, a little too much of an expectation.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

So then why were his 36 run stops the second most in the NFL last season? That on a full 81 less run snaps than the person who led the league (who did so with only 1 more run stop, mind you).

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah. Pouha was ranked as the best NT in the NFL by PFF for the past two years. The guy doesn't get nearly enough credit. Jenkins was Reggie White dominant for stretches. Just because Pouha wasn't him doesn't mean he was a stop gap. That's like saying Charles Johnson is a stop gap for Carolina after they let Peppers go. He is nowhere near Peppers, but he still an excellent player and far from a stop gap.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

one of the knocks on the jets D in the last couple years is that lack of intimidating presence up front... I'd think that lining up against these beasts would be pretty intimidating. imagine the kind of looks they could get if they lined up wilk & ellis at DT and added an edge rusher like osi to play opposite coples

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    one of the knocks on the jets D in the last couple years is that lack of intimidating presence up front... I'd think that lining up against these beasts would be pretty intimidating. imagine the kind of looks they could get if they lined up wilk & ellis at DT and added an edge rusher like osi to play opposite coples
    My thoughts exactly.

It's the starting parts of the true Buddy Ryan 46 D. You have Kenrick right over the center, with Coples and Mo over the OG, or slightly to one side of them. Kenrick neutralizes the center, preventing him from helping out the over matched guards, who have to contend with Mo and Coples. And if you have an explosive edge rusher lined up alongside Coples, the OT can't help double team him. Cause he would have his hands full in contending with the pass rushing demon at DE.

The only two players currently on the Jets roster, that I envisioned could possibly fill that outside edge rushing role, would be either Maybin or Ricky Sapp. Both have similar skill sets with their hands on the ground. Explosive first steps, and a strong closing burst.

Maybin should be playing this role at least some of the times. As for Sapp...because of that high ankle sprain, he may end up a cut casualty. It's a shame if that happens. As far as Pace and Thomas...I just don't see either of them as effective as Maybin or Sapp, as an edge rusher.

Don't know exactly what Rex-Pettine-Dunbar have been cooking up. But whatever it is...with this group of DL. Plus the speedy Maybin...Landry...Demario, and the rest. As you would say...

Can't wait!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know why anyone is surprised by his recent play. He was very good whenever he got opportunities last year. He is still a year away from being a big time player though. I really like what i see form this kid.

I haven't seen Pouha make a single impact play his entire time with the Jets. He's definitely serviceable but by no means anything bug a JAG NT.

I like the rotation this year keeping both fresh, and next year letting pouha go and bring in another young NT.
    I'm not sure there's any such thing as a "JAG NT", honestly. There are at most, 15, 16 true NTs in the league in any given year. I tend to think "JAG NT" means "the guy without which we could not play 3-4, period." That's a bit more than a JAG.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    The guy was consistently pushing a perrenial pro-bowler like Kalil right into Cam's face.

Dude is going to be a monster.

Looks almost Kris Jenkins-esque.
    My exact thoughts last night. He reminded me of Kris Jenkins. He just blows holes in the offensive line.