Thread: If the offense sucks this year do you change your opinion on Schotty at all?

If the offense sucks this year do you change your opinion on Schotty at all?

Just a question ... don't throw anything. Just seeing a lot more lack of supporting cast comments, blame on receivers, RB's, line and etc. Previously it would just be ALL on Schotty for the most part.

That's because, for the most part, I actually like the playcalling. I like running on 3rd & 1. Not being able to get 1 yard on the ground is on the players. A lineman not being able to hold his block for more than 2 seconds isn't on the coach. Receivers dropping well thrown passes isn't on the coach.

Throwing short of the marker on 3rd & 5 drives me nuts. Throwing short on 3rd & 12? Not so much.

If Sparano decides to throw 60 times in a close game or refuses to take a few shots down the field, my feelings will change.

All Pro
    Nope. Sparano may or may not prove to be the guy to deliver a better O for the Jets. But Schotty had, what, 6 years to deliver improvement and only proved that he wasn't up to the job.

Jets Insider VIP
    I had no problem with the play calling really last night and they were "going plain". What happened last night was our players were exposed not the OC.

I said it on another thread "how do we think Sanchez and the Jets offense would have looked say had we had a Megatron or Fitzgerled out there last night?"

Yes Stafford is more talented than Sanchez but you give him Patrick Turner and give us Megatron and see what would happen to this offense. We are just to weak at the skill positions of WR and RB. Anyone see that Greene was hurt again!!!

Hall Of Fame
    It wasn't Schotty's fault. It wasn't Santonio's fault. It wasn't Hunter's fault. It wasn't Sanchez' fault. It wasn't Brick's fault. It was all of their faults plus Tanny and Rex.

Schotty was the sacrificial lamb. They needed to give the fans a little blood after last season.

We still need more talent. And it is too early to judge Sparano's play calling. My guess is there will be plenty of times this year we get pissed when the Wildcat comes in after a couple of nice passes. But we shall see. Have to give him a fair shot.

Jets Insider VIP
    Who is Schotty?

Nope.

All League
    Schotty had to go one way or another. Whether he was the goat or not, change needed to be made. I don't think we will have a top flight offense by any means, but I do believe we will finish in the top half of the league. It might be just a hunch, but I think it will happen.

I believe the jets will have a lot of opportunities on offense. I believe with the D producing decent amount of 3 and outs, the offense should be somewhat productive based on the amount of times they get a chance.

Who knows, just a thought

If the offense sucks, it's b/c there are NO PLAYMAKERS. It's not the calls, it's not the QB. The QB has gotten better and is primed for a good year. But besides Holmes and Keller there is no one you need to prepare for. And PLEASE STOP with the Hill talk. He's a RAW ROOKIE who is learning the position. He's not going to be a player for another year. Jets desperately need to get a proven WR or RB in here now.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    If the offense sucks, it's b/c there are NO PLAYMAKERS. It's not the calls, it's not the QB. The QB has gotten better and is primed for a good year. But besides Holmes and Keller there is no one you need to prepare for. And PLEASE STOP with the Hill talk. He's a RAW ROOKIE who is learning the position. He's not going to be a player for another year. Jets desperately need to get a proven WR or RB in here now.
    T.O.

I hear he is available and humble

Banned
    Schotty is still a bag of sh!t. F*ck him.

All League
    Or donte stallworth

no.

Schotty sucks and deserved to be fired 4 years ago.

when one of the best QBs of all time says "this offense sucks, im not running it" we should've listened.

Never. Shoddy is an incompetent dunce. Period.

Now that's not saying a boob like Sparano can't out do Shoddy's ineptitude. (Personally, I think Tony H-Bombs as OC.) From day one, I never got the Jets' fervor to hire Sparano, who did such a bang up job with Miami.

Is this a real question? Schotty was a fool... If somebody needs this offense to struggle so they can get and "I told ya so" out of it, just a little sad.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    Just a question ... don't throw anything. Just seeing a lot more lack of supporting cast comments, blame on receivers, RB's, line and etc. Previously it would just be ALL on Schotty for the most part.
    We didn't see a 5 WR set with empty backfield on 3-1. Or 5 WRs running 4 yard routes on 3rd and 5 so yes Schotty sucks. Like others have said unfortunately so do our WRs