Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets are the first team in 35 years to not score TD in first 3 pre season games

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets are the first team in 35 years to not score TD in first 3 pre season games

Already leaving its imprint. Not trying to be negative here but what the hell ... What the hell could this possibly mean?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    Already leaving its imprint. Not trying to be negative here but what the hell ... What the hell could this possibly mean?
    Probably that you have more than one thread started asking about the O?

Who gives a sh1t, it's preseason.

There was only one other team that didn't score in two preseason games in the last 20. Then they led the league in scoring.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Probably that you have more than one thread started asking about the O?

Who gives a sh1t, it's preseason.

There was only one other team that didn't score in two preseason games in the last 20. Then they led the league in scoring.
    Yeah, who need touchdown in preseason.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    Yeah, who need touchdown in preseason.
    Actually no one needs them.

Other than fans.

It's preseason, the games don't count. And the example shows what its worth.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Superbowls are won in the preseason, guys.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only one thing ....

Super Bowl Baby !!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's no way to spin it as "good," but I feel a lot better about the offense today than I did in the weeks prior.

The 1st team offense had 3 scoring drives, plus the mini-drive after the fumble. 3 scoring drives in a half is good, but we couldn't finish. That's a much better spot to be in than not being able to move the ball at all.

Sanchez has had an above-average "bad throw" rate through his first three years. That certainly hasn't been the case this preseason.

The problems on offense were pass protection and the running game. Inserting Howard doesn't completely fix the pass protection issues (you can't expect him to play that well in every game), but should improve things on that front.

The running game worries me. We don't have a lead back. People say that Greene needs a ton of carries to wear down the defense, but he can't survive that kind of workload. He got dinged up in last night's game...again. I'm hopeful that Powell can provide a spark with more opportunities, as the coaches don't seem to have any faith in McKnight.

Holmes seems invested in the team this year, that's good. Hill doesn't have a reliable set of hands, but showed yesterday that if you play off of him, he can do more than run fast in a straight line. We really need to hope that Keller is alright though. We currently have two steady pass catchers, which is already a terrible spot to be in. If we lose Keller, we're down to one and Sanchez will be without the guy he has, by far, the most chemistry with.

If we're going to be hard-headed and stick with the Ground-n-Pound, even when it's not working, we're going to be in a lot of trouble. Even with our lack of weapons in the passing game, this team is still better equipped to move the ball through the air than on the ground.

The coaching staff needs to have some faith in Sanchez and ride him this year. And when the 15/35 game with 3 INTs comes, because it will, they can't go into a shell. We may occasionally be able to run the ball well this year, but we're not going to be able to do so with the consistency necessary to get the required 20 points per game on the ground.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I remember one year the Jets went 4-0 in preseason under that football genius Rich Kotite. It was great! Then they went 3-13 in the regular season, or was that the 1-15 season.
    Preseason means nothing.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has any team not scored a TD in four preseason games?

If not, I say let's go for it. Then we can truly say we have a record-setting offense.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    we are saving the best for last

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If they don't score TD's in the REGULAR season, then it's time to worry

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was actually encouraged by last night's game. Sanchez showed that, when given time, he makes good decisions and puts the ball right on the money. And the defense looked very good. I don't really care what our second stringers did against their second stringers. And, as bad as Tebow looked, he's never going to be asked to line up in a traditional offense in a meaningful game. He's here to run the Gimmick Cat and sell jerseys.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Question: If the Jet Offense can't score against a vanilla D in preseason, how will they do better in the regular season where there is game planning by the Defense?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 20andout View Post
    I remember one year the Jets went 4-0 in preseason under that football genius Rich Kotite. It was great! Then they went 3-13 in the regular season, or was that the 1-15 season.
    It was neither, you're completely wrong.

The last time the Jets lost 3 preseason games was Kotite '96 1-15.

Jets were 4-0 in '97 - Parcells' first year - and again in 2002 (Herm Edwards).

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not a touchdown league anymore. It's a field goal league. Didn't u get the memo?

Hell, might as well kick it once we hit field goal range.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    What does it mean?

Nothing.

Till they start counting Preseason as Regular season Games, Preseason is for evaluation of talent, winning jobs, practice of basics and vanilla packages, and not much else.

If we open up vs. Buffalo and fail to score a TD, we might have a problem.

Right now, we have a new O, with an a new O-Co, running an exceptioonally vanilla scheme, vs. the always working better early Defenses.

Is it so much to ask we give the O till say, opening day, before we (as a fanbase) declare them horrible failures?

I assure you, if they can;t score a TD in wekk one, then week two, etc, I'll be right tehre with you.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Kicking the ball thru the f-cking uprights is a beautiful thing, okay hotshot?

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by J.E.T.Sfan4life View Post
    we are saving the best for last
    LOVE this quote:

“When Week 1 comes around, all bets are off and the guns are firing,” Holmes said. “I think Coach is going to unleash the offense come Week 1.”

Unleash what? LOLOLOL....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    LOVE this quote:

“When Week 1 comes around, all bets are off and the guns are firing,” Holmes said. “I think Coach is going to unleash the offense come Week 1.”

They will put up 35 in the first game! Mark it down.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    LOVE this quote:

Vanilla 2.0