Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Shonn Greene...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKZP6d-WP7E

The Shonn Greene you see in the video above, shows you why he was deserving of the Doak Walker Award, as College's best RB. He could smash mouth a defender. or use spin moves and lateral agility, to keep a run alive, until he could find a crease to run through. Greene was an exciting runner at Iowa.

But this is not the Shonn Greene that the Jets inherited. And I believe more then anything else, that this has to do with the size of his hands. They are something like 7.7 - 7.9 inches. Probably the smallest pair of hands on any offensive skill player in the NFL. If you were to put Shonn's palm and place it next to the palm of Sanchez' 10.5" hands...they look like the hands of a little boy.

The aggressive running style that earned Greene that Doak Walker Award in college, would only make him a fumbling machine on the NFL level. 3 fumbles on just 108 carries in 2009. And in the very first game in 2010 against the Ravens...two quick fumbles in the early part of that game. Those tiny hands were the reason. His Doak Walker days were over. The talents of NFL defenders, and their tackling techniques, were far superior then what Greene faced on the college level.

For the sake of ball security, Greene has become a one dimensional downhill runner. That's why he didn't fumble last year. He's had to make adjustments to his running style, to compensate for the fact that his small hands makes him vulnerable to fumbling.

Anyhow...that's how I view what's happened to Shonn Greene.
    Nice post. Never realized he had such small hands

All Pro
    I don't think he sucks; this is not the issue.

What we have here is Lamont Jordan II.

Great as a change of pace back, but not good enough for an every down back.

HOPEFULLY, they let Shonn Greene go next year and draft a RB in the 2-3 round. He will not be worth the money he will be asking for.

Greene is not the worst runner in the league, but I'd absolutely put him among the worst.

He no longer gets by the initial tackler. You just can't have that in the NFL out of your running back. He gets the minimum that is provided by the offensive line, but he's not getting a touch above that and it's unnacceptable. I would trade him as well.

Powell looked better. Greene hasn't been the same since his rookie year.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsonly View Post

OMG You're kiddin, right? Ever try to do anything with bruised ribs num nuts? It hurts to just breath.
    Our morinic coach lost that game by trying to sit on a lead. Giving the ball to Thomas 2yrds instead of attacking when we had Manning down.
    Blame Rex, not Greene.
    LOL. I've had bruised ribs, have you? Didn't think so.

I'll never forget the morning I bought my first CR250 and tested it on a sun-parched track and washed out hitting a turn too hot at the bottom of a double, bending my Renthals against the dirt and my ribs.

Wasn't wearing my Flak Jack.

Guess it depends on what your pain threshold is, but it usually isn't immediately unbearable, but hours, days, later.

Greene came out cos he was scared.

Jones took over the second half cos Greene (and our game plan) was on the bench. LOL.

Love it when twitholes like you come around guns a blazin'.

All League
    it's Shawn Grean. get it right.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Greene is not the worst runner in the league, but I'd absolutely put him among the worst.

He no longer gets by the initial tackler. You just can't have that in the NFL out of your running back. He gets the minimum that is provided by the offensive line, but he's not getting a touch above that and it's unnacceptable. I would trade him as well.

Powell looked better. Greene hasn't been the same since his rookie year.
    Agree 100% and that was the point of my post. Don't think they could get anything for him in a trade unfort.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post

I'll never forget the morning I bought my first CR250 and tested it on a sun-parched track and washed out hitting a turn too hot at the bottom of a double, bending my Renthals against the dirt and my ribs.

Guess it depends on what your pain threshold is, but it usually isn't immediately unbearable, but hours, days, later.

Jones took over the second half cos Greene (and our game plan) was on the bench. LOL.

Oh, so because YOU felt ok after bruising your ribs, that makes Shonn Greene scared? Ok, got it

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post

HOPEFULLY, they let Shonn Greene go next year and draft a RB in the 2-3 round. He will not be worth the money he will be asking for.
    DING DING DING!!! Now lets close all these Greene threads...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post

+1

Please Draft Montee Ball next year. This offense needs explosion, and while Greene is serviceable, he just isn't it.....

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post

When you say CR250, don't you mean SHORT BUS?
    Greene was scared? I think you got off the bus 1 stop too soon.