Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Season Tix holders deserve REFUNDS for preseason games

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Season Tix holders deserve REFUNDS for preseason games

the way this teams Offense has played this preseason, woody should give all us tix holders our preason money back, what a joke. terrible display of a offense. anybody that think things will get better come reg season, is just not seeing the big picture. 43 yrs of a joke of a franchise.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    the way this teams Offense has played this preseason, woody should give all us tix holders our preason money back, what a joke. terrible display of a offense. anybody that think things will get better come reg season, is just not seeing the big picture. 43 yrs of a joke of a franchise.

who went to game last night? I was shocked on TV it looked like most of the seats were full, meanwhile tickets for last night game were like $3 bucks each on line. I ended up donating my tickets as going to NJ for a meaningless game that ends at almost midnight was just plain dumb.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    who went to game last night? I was shocked on TV it looked like most of the seats were full, meanwhile tickets for last night game were like $3 bucks each on line. I ended up donating my tickets as going to NJ for a meaningless game that ends at almost midnight was just plain dumb.
    I was there. I'm a 25 yr old season ticket holder, what else am I going to do on a Sunday night? It ended at 11:30, home by 12, and at work at 0645. Come on, old man.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I sold my tix for $80 a pop.

Can't believe people are still *****ing about preseason games.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    I was there. I'm a 25 yr old season ticket holder, what else am I going to do on a Sunday night? It ended at 11:30, home by 12, and at work at 0645. Come on, old man.
    I usually get home at around 1am from those games due to traffic from Jersey to Long Island then back to Manhattan in morning to start work at 8am, sunday night preseason game aint worth it. Worth it for a real game,

Opening day when I get to see wildcat will be great.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got 153 each for Jets/Giants and 72 each for last night seats in my PSL seats. My pair of UD seats I donated last night game as most I could get was $3 bucks and for Jets Giants I got 26 a ticket. Was away on vacation for Jets/Giants game otherwise would have gone.

This math alone shows the PSL over long term is worth it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you would get a refund then you didn't pay any money and therefore are not real fans. According to SAR

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    We got 4 field goals. What else do you want.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We stayed until like 4 minutes left in the game and were home by 11:30. Some people complain about night games like they start at 2am.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    We stayed until like 4 minutes left in the game and were home by 11:30. Some people complain about night games like they start at 2am.
    Because Preseason games used to be to take kids too. I would have gone to game if it started around 4-6pm. Plus NJ schools have already started in some towns. So it is a late game on a school night. The Jets/Giants on a Saturday at 7pm was a better starting time. Also after work on a Thursday at 7pm is best time. We had a game like two years ago and I left work at 5pm hit an Irish bar by Penn, caught 6:30pm train to game and all was good.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    Preseason games are a joke. In valuing my regular season seats, I do the following math:

Total Cost of ST/real games = $1250/8=$156.25 per game.

If I am able to sell any (the Giants game sold for near FV), it is a bonus. Mostly, I donate them to charity.

The other use of PS games is children.
    - Kids don't care if the stars aren't playing; and
    - If you have to leave at halftime b/c the kids are acting up, no problem.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Should Preseason tickets be cheaper? Yes. Are they? No. Are they ever going to be? No. It's the price we pay to have season tickets and not pay out of our ass when the team is playing well (haha, wait, who am I kidding?)