Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 59

Thread: What game was Peter King watching last night?

  1. #21
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,789
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    His point about accuracy was no correct, everything else was correct. Our team looks worse now than it did at the end of last year. Offenses are so good these days and a lot of rules have helped the offense more the last few years. I simply don't know if a team can win with the great defense and game management offense.
    with guys like him, it's not only what he writes it the language he uses in writing it. he takes such glee in writing about the jets' failures and problems. there's no such thing as unbiased journalism anymore.

  2. #22
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    This is it exactly. I've read a few writers saying Sanchez had a bad game when they're just talking about the box score.
    what bothers me is the national media mandate to spin everything in a negative way.

    Last night during the game Jason LaCanfora was tweeting about how good Sanchez looked, how his passes were on the money, and how the INT wasn't his fault.

    this morning in his piece about the Jets he writes that Sanchez had another "woeful" performance that included yet another interception

  3. #23
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    with guys like him, it's not only what he writes it the language he uses in writing it. he takes such glee in writing about the jets' failures and problems. there's no such thing as unbiased journalism anymore.
    Oh I agree totally, I can't stand the guy moreso that he is a pats bootlicker than anything else.

  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,789
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    what bothers me is the national media mandate to spin everything in a negative way.

    Last night during the game Jason LaCanfora was tweeting about how good Sanchez looked, how his passes were on the money, and how the INT wasn't his fault.

    this morning in his piece about the Jets he writes that Sanchez had another "woeful" performance that included yet another interception
    that's terrible journalism. irresponsible. misleading. the media picks people they want to fail and will create headlines that imply as such.

    very impressed with a good number of jets last night. i hope they're deliberately not using mcknight and powell in the passing game, esp. in the redzone. greene isn't going to get them there, and they have 1 healthy TE. as deep as the defense is becoming, the offensive talent is as shallow.

  5. #25
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Atkins, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,263
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its apparent that the media likens the Jets to a train wreck. The worse it is, the more newspaper and magazines want to write about it. If Jimmy Johnson would just publicly throw us under the bus, we'd come full circle and be the SB team from NewYork.

  6. #26
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    6,719
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not a Sanchez apologist but it may have been his most accurate game in a year. He was hurt a lot by at least 3 drops and the INT was thrown no where near the defender but bounced off of his receiver's chest. King wrote that comment from reading the boxscore, which is irresponsible journalism.

  7. #27
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,283
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I thought the only throw Sanchez missed was the long one to Holmes, and that was just about two yards too far, his accuracy was not an issue last night. Give him time (in the pocket) and this kid will win.
    I agree with you 100%

    The idea last year that was floated by many out here that "Good QBs don't need time" was simple maddness from the start!!!!

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Lima Zulu
    Posts
    6,565
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Peter king hates the jets.
    What a POS!!! Accuracy issues? Last night?

    Mark was on point. He had a few overthrows but so has Brady-God.

    Motherf***** hate the Jets and its so obvious.

    Looking to start crap, if someone didnt watch the game and they got their info from King, damn, no wonder everyone thinks we suck.

  9. #29
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,936
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Vomit > Dog$hit
    What if the Dog vomits after eating his own sh!t?

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I thought the only throw Sanchez missed was the long one to Holmes, and that was just about two yards too far, his accuracy was not an issue last night. Give him time (in the pocket) and this kid will win.
    Of course that can be said of any QB in the NFL. They all excel with lots of time. I thought he overthrew the 6ft 4 receiver in the back of the end zone. He did throw behind Turner on another occasion. Most QBs have a few misses. The idea is to score points though. For whatever reason this team is not doing that. I hope it does not become a problem in the regular season. We have seen Sanchez go mysteriouly quiet at various times in other games in the past. But its a given that he is learning a new system so he gets a bye for now.

  11. #31
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,789
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41 View Post
    What a POS!!! Accuracy issues? Last night?

    Mark was on point. He had a few overthrows but so has Brady-God.

    Motherf***** hate the Jets and its so obvious.

    Looking to start crap, if someone didnt watch the game and they got their info from King, damn, no wonder everyone thinks we suck.
    king watched the game he hoped to watch, a team with a good defense that can't score. the one thing that he saw that didn't jibe with his hopes was that sanchez looked good. so he chose to write one lie, that sanchez had accuracy issues. but if sanchez had accuracy issues in last night's game, then wouldn't tebow's be that much worse? if there was 1 takeaway about jet qbs from last night's game, wouldn't it be that tebow stinks and there's really no controversy? king took a cheap shot for no reason other than he's buddies with belichick.

    king markets himself as above the fray of cheezy nfl hacks, but he's no better than any of them. he writes what he wishes happened, just another fan masquerading as a journalist/revisionist historian.

  12. #32
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Bound Brook
    Posts
    1,901
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Of course that can be said of any QB in the NFL. They all excel with lots of time. I thought he overthrew the 6ft 4 receiver in the back of the end zone. He did throw behind Turner on another occasion. Most QBs have a few misses. The idea is to score points though. For whatever reason this team is not doing that. I hope it does not become a problem in the regular season. We have seen Sanchez go mysteriouly quiet at various times in other games in the past. But its a given that he is learning a new system so he gets a bye for now.
    I think the play to hill was right on. It was definately high, but thats why it was going to be complete to Hill or no one. Last thing we wanted was a Red Zone int.

  13. #33
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,781
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41 View Post
    if someone didnt watch the game and they got their info from King, damn, no wonder everyone thinks we suck.
    this is the reason. All people do is believe what King, ESPN, NFL net, radio dipshts, etc., say. Nobody watches the Jets outside of Jets fans. hardcore football fans, yes. But most of the Jets bashers have seen the team play maybe once or twice. lots of idiots out there.

  14. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    this is the reason. All people do is believe what King, ESPN, NFL net, radio dipshts, etc., say. Nobody watches the Jets outside of Jets fans.
    So every single media outlet is wrong about the Jets anemic offense except Jets fans?

  15. #35
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    8,815
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Vomit > Dog$hit
    Gary Moore>Vomit>Dogpoop

  16. #36
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,789
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    So every single media outlet is wrong about the Jets anemic offense except Jets fans?
    i'm glad i didn't have to be the one to write it...

  17. #37
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    what bothers me is the national media mandate to spin everything in a negative way.

    Last night during the game Jason LaCanfora was tweeting about how good Sanchez looked, how his passes were on the money, and how the INT wasn't his fault.

    this morning in his piece about the Jets he writes that Sanchez had another "woeful" performance that included yet another interception
    Modern journalism is not about reporting. It's about narrative. The truth is optional.

  18. #38
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    From today' MMQB. I know the offense has issues right now, but i thought Sanchez was one of the bright spots last night. I mean, he completed 68% of his passes, had 2-3 dropped passes and took some nice shots downfield.

    "8. I think the Jets look worse than they did last December, when they lost their last three games by an average of 14 points a game. I didn't think it was possible. Mark Sanchez is having his accuracy issues again, and his receivers certainly aren't helping (I mean you, Stephen Hill). And now, with tight end Dustin Keller out with an ouchy hamstring (why exactly is preseason football worth playing?), it's another setback. And I do not see how they keep Wayne Hunter. Another horrible non-block by him allowed Tebow to get sacked in the fourth quarter. Hunter's not an NFL-caliber player."
    King is a dumb a$$. Sanchez did have a couple of erratic passes. But the vast majority of his passes were located perfectly. The pick was Hill's fault. Holmes dropped an obvious touchdown.

    It's not anywhere what he's making it out to be. I was actually encouraged by last night's performance. Howard played quite well in Hunter's place and I hope we've actually found a replacement for him.

  19. #39
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,789
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Modern journalism is not about reporting. It's about narrative. The truth is optional.
    the truth is subjective, especially when it comes to the jets. if the jets didn't get tebow there wouldn't be much of a buzz about them this year. most media types want tebow to start so they have something to write about.

  20. #40
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,749
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    So every single media outlet is wrong about the Jets anemic offense except Jets fans?
    No.

    They're 100% corrent, our offense has been anemic.

    What they leave out is that it is Preseason and a new O and new O-Co.

    And Preseason does not count.

    When the games count, if we're anemic, then we have a problem.

    Till then, this is glorified overcharged practice reps in teh vanilla version of teh new O, for evaluation, repetition and player personel decisions.

    It's not the regular season.

    It means, wait for it, nothing.
    Last edited by Warfish; 08-27-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us