Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What game was Peter King watching last night?

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    No.

They're 100% corrent, our offense has been anemic.

What they leave out is that it is Preseason and a new O and new O-Co.

And Preseason does not count.

When the games count, if we're anemic, then we have a problem.

Till then, this is glorified overcharged practice reps in teh vanilla version of teh new O, for evaluation, repetition and player personel decisions.

It's not the regular season.

It means, wait for it, nothing.
    that's what we'd all be reading if the jets were scoring a lot of points, that it's preseason and that other teams are not scheming to stop the jets. but when the jets can't score, then it matters even if the regular season hasn't started yet.

Banned
    No.

There 100% corrent, our offense has been anemic.

What they leave out is that it is Preseason and a new O and new O-Co.

And Preseason does not count.

When the games count, if we're anemic, then we have a problem.

Till then, this is glorified overcharged practice reps in teh vanilla version of teh new O, for evaluation, repetition and player personel decisions.

It's not the regular season.

It means, wait for it, nothing.
    Totally agree with you fish about the pre-season.

However, when offenses and defenses are playing straight vanilla packages, it pretty much comes down to which team can execute better.

The Jets offensive execution during the pre-season leaves alot to be desired.

Again, let's see what happens when the games are real.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Totally agree with you fish about the pre-season.

However, when offenses and defenses are playing straight vanilla packages, it pretty much comes down to which team can execute better.

The Jets offensive execution during the pre-season leaves alot to be desired.

Again, let's see what happens when the games are real.
    Agreed, especially (as you'd expect) weeks 1 and 2 of PreSeason.

Personally, despite the no-TD's, I have no overarching problem with the O I saw play last night. Not great, but acceptable for this time of year.

And rigth ro wrong, they're clearly holding back alot of what they think the O will work with, the Wildcat (not run once as yet) and some other aspects (RB swaps, not just running it up the gut).

While I agree, this is about execution and the O is well behidn the D on that front, it is not yet time to panic (as so many are doing).

Week 3, we're 0-3 and we look like this still, then by all means, panic.

Till then, it's practice. Take it for what it is. /shrug

All League
    Here is the deal with media. They are all trying to say or do something that will make you stop what your doing and either listen to the radio or watch the tv. They know that every Tom, dick, and Harry out there can't print, right or say all the same things. That's why you have dip$hit people like cimini and king act the way they do. They are at their point in their careers because people like us spend hours discussing what they just said.

That's why bob knight said about reporters:

"we all learned to write in 2nd grade. Most of us went on to better things"

Not to play devil's advocate but he may have been talking about the preseason as a whole. You can say Sanchez was accurate against the Giants, looking at his stat line, but he really wasn't. I didn't see the Cincinnati game so I can't comment on his accuracy there. It seemed like a general statement about the offense and Sanchez through the course of the preseason, not last night in particular.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    From today' MMQB.

And I do not see how they keep Wayne Hunter. Another horrible non-block by him allowed Tebow to get sacked in the fourth quarter. Hunter's not an NFL-caliber player."
    He's right about this... Hunter was bad even as an extra linemen in the jumbo package. Time for the team to cut Hunter and use Ducasse in the Jumbo role. The way Ducasse has been playing this year he deserves to get on the field. Hunter flat out sucks.

Had Colin Cowherd on today,home from work.He was pretty high on Sanchez last night.Said how the receivers didn't help him,and that the front office has not gotten him any weapons.

So every single media outlet is wrong about the Jets anemic offense except Jets fans?
    No our offense has been bad no question.But King is a hack.He got busted a few weeks ago for hocking a product in his column

Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    Had Colin Cowherd on today,home from work.He was pretty high on Sanchez last night.Said how the receivers didn't help him,and that the front office has not gotten him any weapons.
    This is how anyone that actually watched the game should have evaluated the way Sanchez played last night...

We're going to be alright with this kid

Agreed, especially (as you'd expect) weeks 1 and 2 of PreSeason.

Personally, despite the no-TD's, I have no overarching problem with the O I saw play last night. Not great, but acceptable for this time of year.

And rigth ro wrong, they're clearly holding back alot of what they think the O will work with, the Wildcat (not run once as yet) and some other aspects (RB swaps, not just running it up the gut).

While I agree, this is about execution and the O is well behidn the D on that front, it is not yet time to panic (as so many are doing).

Week 3, we're 0-3 and we look like this still, then by all means, panic.

Till then, it's practice. Take it for what it is. /shrug
    This. I would like to see more however I remember a preseason in the early 90's we went 5-0 and finished 4-12. We need the offense to be average, the D will be at the top of the league and special teams are usually good. If not well we're in trouble but I'm not going on anything until they play for real.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    That's why bob knight said about reporters:

"we all learned to write in 2nd grade. Most of us went on to better things"
    Funny quote ... Bob Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    didn't watch the game, just read the box score

Who grew up in Mass., loving the Pats*.

Quote Originally Posted by JETSJetsJetsJets View Post
    Peter King wasn't watching. But he is a wickid good writaaaa.

Jets Insider VIP
    Patfan Pete was too busy over at Patriot Place schmoozing and getting sloshed with Krafty and his trophy bimbo to watch football

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Who grew up in Mass., loving the Pats*.
    Peter King grew up in CT, as a Giants fan.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by OlTimeGiantFanFromLongAgo View Post
    Peter King grew up in CT, as a Giants fan.
    But like men, and fell in love with his man Brady.

Veteran
    Vomit > Dog$hit
    It sure is. Way to ne a glass half full guy.

I don't think the observation on Sanchez was just based on the panthers game but the whole preseason. More to do with being consistently accurate.

All Pro
    lol Peter King.

what a joke.