Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 59

Thread: What game was Peter King watching last night?

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Eastchester, NY
    Posts
    1,247
    Post Thanks / Like

    What game was Peter King watching last night?

    From today' MMQB. I know the offense has issues right now, but i thought Sanchez was one of the bright spots last night. I mean, he completed 68% of his passes, had 2-3 dropped passes and took some nice shots downfield.

    "8. I think the Jets look worse than they did last December, when they lost their last three games by an average of 14 points a game. I didn't think it was possible. Mark Sanchez is having his accuracy issues again, and his receivers certainly aren't helping (I mean you, Stephen Hill). And now, with tight end Dustin Keller out with an ouchy hamstring (why exactly is preseason football worth playing?), it's another setback. And I do not see how they keep Wayne Hunter. Another horrible non-block by him allowed Tebow to get sacked in the fourth quarter. Hunter's not an NFL-caliber player."

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,849
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peter king hates the jets.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    From today' MMQB. I know the offense has issues right now, but i thought Sanchez was one of the bright spots last night. I mean, he completed 68% of his passes, had 2-3 dropped passes and took some nice shots downfield.

    "8. I think the Jets look worse than they did last December, when they lost their last three games by an average of 14 points a game. I didn't think it was possible. Mark Sanchez is having his accuracy issues again, and his receivers certainly aren't helping (I mean you, Stephen Hill). And now, with tight end Dustin Keller out with an ouchy hamstring (why exactly is preseason football worth playing?), it's another setback. And I do not see how they keep Wayne Hunter. Another horrible non-block by him allowed Tebow to get sacked in the fourth quarter. Hunter's not an NFL-caliber player."


    Peter King obviously didn't watch the game...Sanchez looked poised, & was very accurate. What a moron

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    296
    Post Thanks / Like
    He didn't watch, he looked at the stats and jumped to a false conclusion.

    Sanchez was right on the money last night.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,711
    Post Thanks / Like
    didn't watch the game, just read the box score

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5,193
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez can play.

  7. #7
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    East Winsdor, NJ
    Posts
    848
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peter King wasn't watching. But he is a wickid good writaaaa.

  8. #8
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,251
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    didn't watch the game, just read the box score
    +1

    Experts, who get paid to do this.

    Peter King:


  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    3,990
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    didn't watch the game, just read the box score
    This is it exactly. I've read a few writers saying Sanchez had a bad game when they're just talking about the box score.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,796
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    This is it exactly. I've read a few writers saying Sanchez had a bad game when they're just talking about the box score.
    i could easily see some of these guy criticizing sanchez for an interception. even the ny tabloids didn't blame him, which is saying something.

  11. #11
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    37,950
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the only throw Sanchez missed was the long one to Holmes, and that was just about two yards too far, his accuracy was not an issue last night. Give him time (in the pocket) and this kid will win.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,954
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I thought the only throw Sanchez missed was the long one to Holmes, and that was just about two yards too far, his accuracy was not an issue last night. Give him time (in the pocket) and this kid will win.
    +1

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,956
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    +1

    Experts, who get paid to do this.

    Peter King:


  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,794
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    LOL

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    This is it exactly. I've read a few writers saying Sanchez had a bad game when they're just talking about the box score.
    The only job a NFL QB is responsible for is moving the offense and putting points on the scoreboard.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,954
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    The only job a NFL QB is responsible for is moving the offense and putting points on the scoreboard.
    Our QB did his job... Penalties, drops and a poor running game turned that movement into 3 points, instead of 7...

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,244
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    The only job a NFL QB is responsible for is moving the offense and putting points on the scoreboard.

    He had a good game. Hill T.O.'d that pass.

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Atkins, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,263
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just wiped some Peter King off the bottom of my shoes. I stepped in it while cleaning up my dogs patsfantx, I mean, my dogs vomit.
    Anyone watching the game, can tell you that MS should've had only 1 or 2 incompletions.
    3-4 drops and a horrible tipped ball. Your an idiot if you think otherwise.

    And yes PatsieTexas I dubbed you vomit and Peter King to dogsh!t. If you need further explanation, I can probably translate that to caveman or even Texan.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post

    And yes PatsieTexas I dubbed you vomit and Peter King to dogsh!t.
    Vomit > Dog$hit

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,168
    Post Thanks / Like
    His point about accuracy was no correct, everything else was correct. Our team looks worse now than it did at the end of last year. Offenses are so good these days and a lot of rules have helped the offense more the last few years. I simply don't know if a team can win with the great defense and game management offense.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us