Thread: Looks Like Folk is the Kicker

All Pro

Looks Like Folk is the Kicker

Josh Brown just tweeted a thank you/good luck to the 2012 Jets. Seems like he's been informed he's been released.

So, yeah. Folk....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

If nothing else his competition helped Folk have a very good summer.

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Tweet from Josh Brown. Hm. RT @Kickingitwith3: Best of luck to the 2012 Jets... Thanks for one of the most memorable camps in 10 yrs.

I really liked Brown's leg for kickoffs... Too bad we won't have that this season but I trust Folk more on FG's and that's more important at the end of the day...

Too bad Cundiff wasn't available earlier and we could have seen him in the competition instead...

Jets Insider VIP
    I like Folk. Hes solid.

Folk has missed some mind blowing kicks in his tenure, but he's NEVER missed a GW kick as a Jet and he's not as bad as many Jet fans make him out to be. Josh Brown started off in Seattle but ended up getting comfortable and cozy in the St. Louis dome and just couldn't kick in MetLife Stadium. Last week it was the cross bar, this week it was wide and the final straw.

I'm not surprised. It was to be expected, especially after he went all Billy Cundiff last night.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I really liked Brown's leg for kickoffs... Too bad we won't have that this season but I trust Folk more on FG's and that's more important at the end of the day...

Too bad Cundiff wasn't available earlier and we could have seen him in the competition instead...
    speaking of kickoffs, moving the ball forward and all the touchbacks we have already seen this summer is going to ruin one of the most exciting plays in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    speaking of kickoffs, moving the ball forward and all the touchbacks we have already seen this summer is going to ruin one of the most exciting plays in the league.
    Just put the ball on the 20 friggin' yard line so I can forget about what it used to be like quicker...

That 45 yarder pretty much decided it. Folk made all of his attempts. I think Brown had a kick he made from 30 yards hit the cross bar. Best of luck to Brown. Folk is the guy. He's been pretty good for us the last two years.

All League
    The FGs I'm fine with. I wish Folk could consistently hit the back of the endzone on kickoffs though*. It hasn't been a huge issue since our coverage is so good but it'd be nice to get a touchback greater that 33% of the time.

*Brown was bad at these as well.
    Last edited by ozu; 08-27-2012 at 11:12 AM.

I was really hoping Brown would win the battle but Folk did deservedly so. I still think folk sucks on kickoffs and is very shaky at times. At least they brought in some legit competition this year, unlike for punter.

All League

Brown cut

Folk yeah!

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Josh Brown was informed this morning that he has lost the kicking competition to Nick Folk and will be cut. Thus, his tweet

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    This was in place all of last season.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    This was in place all of last season.
    but I don't remember so many touchbacks, they didn't move it again?