Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Early report on baker - torn acl, done for the season

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    Can someone explain to me how that was not a cheap shot? The whole "that's football" argument doesn't apply here IMO
    I keep thinking back to the battering the DL was giving to Newton; Coples tried (and almost succeeded) at throwing Newton on his head; it was dramatic I am sure you all saw that. Anyway, that Panther was doing goon duty for sure because of the rough touch we put on Newton, jmo

Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Per twitter. They are doing an mri today to confirm
    Certainly appeared to be just that on TV. I think that little f*cking twit from Carolina should have been ejected. What a f*cking dirty play.

It really is unfortunate also. This kid was really starting to come on.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I keep thinking back to the battering the DL was giving to Newton; Coples tried (and almost succeeded) at throwing Newton on his head; it was dramatic I am sure you all saw that. Anyway, that Panther was doing goon duty for sure because of the rough touch we put on Newton, jmo
    Coples did destroy Newton on that play...I was surprised that he wasn't flagged for it.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    Coples did destroy Newton on that play...I was surprised that he wasn't flagged for it.
    Very surprised.

Jets just waived Baker - he'll go to their IR.