Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Media Spin

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Media Spin

I have been listening to all of the negative press on the Jets offense and the positive press for Buffalo. Since the Jets play Buffalo week 1 I was curious as to how they have looked in the preseason.

P1 Thu, Aug 09 Washington 6-7 L P2 Fri, Aug 17 @ Minnesota 14-36 L P3 Sat, Aug 25 Pittsburgh 7-38 L
    What am I missing that makes the "experts" so ready to anoint the Bills as better than the Jets? How is the Bills' oline? Will they be able to protect Fitzpatrick with the improved Jets d-line? I can see Week 1 being a close game but I sure don't see all the love that is being thrown at the Bills.

Sanchez had a better day in week 3 than Fitzpatrick did. Why didn't I hear anyone on NFL radio deriding him? Was that 1 TD really that much more impressive than the Jets 4 FGs?

M. Sanchez 11/18 123 0 1
    R. Fitzpatrick 7/18 89 0 0

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    I have been listening to all of the negative press on the Jets offense and the positive press for Buffalo. Since the Jets play Buffalo week 1 I was curious as to how they have looked in the preseason.

P1 Thu, Aug 09 Washington 6-7 L P2 Fri, Aug 17 @ Minnesota 14-36 L P3 Sat, Aug 25 Pittsburgh 7-38 L
    What am I missing that makes the "experts" so ready to anoint the Bills as better than the Jets? How is the Bills' oline? Will they be able to protect Fitzpatrick with the improved Jets d-line? I can see Week 1 being a close game but I sure don't see all the love that is being thrown at the Bills.

Sanchez had a better day in week 3 than Fitzpatrick did. Why didn't I hear anyone on NFL radio deriding him? Was that 1 TD really that much more impressive than the Jets 4 FGs?

M. Sanchez 11/18 123 0 1
    R. Fitzpatrick 7/18 89 0 0
    screw the media, I like that the Jets are being looked at as the third place team, it should make them want to kick some ass

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    People have been waiting to come down on the Jets and Rex ever since 2010 and they aren't going to stop doing so until the Jets go out and show they are a good team.

Get used to the negativity until our playoff run.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was inevitable. Beat Buffalo and most of it will go away...lose and it will only get worse.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    screw the media, I like that the Jets are being looked at as the third place team, it should make them want to kick some ass
    Completely agree, and I truly hope rex isnt missing this opportunity. This is the perfect time to drive home a "circle the wagons", team-first mentality.

The amount of negative press the team gets is staggering and give the Rex and the veteran leaders on the team a perfect thing to rally around.

Lets hope they use it

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ0815 View Post
    It was inevitable. Beat Buffalo and most of it will go away...lose and it will only get worse.
    Yep. I've never been more worried for a Week 1 game. Could save our season for awhile with a win, could implode it with a loss.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Yep. I've never been more worried for a Week 1 game. Could save our season for awhile with a win, could implode it with a loss.
    With the remainder of the September schedule and all the stuff from pre-season still festering...week 1 will be huge.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    i dodnt know why the media doesnt tell the truth. the jets o has not game planned. rex is waiting to surprise the whole nfl. rex and sparano and the o are going to light it up come opening weekend. the wildcat is going to be unleashed. the D wont stop it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsplumber View Post
    i dodnt know why the media doesnt tell the truth. the jets o has not game planned. rex is waiting to surprise the whole nfl. rex and sparano and the o are going to light it up come opening weekend. the wildcat is going to be unleashed. the D wont stop it.
    jetsplumber?

plumber?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsplumber View Post

i dodnt know why the media doesnt tell the truth. the jets o has not game planned.
    And the Jets were going up against teams with elaborate defensive schemes the last 3 weeks?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    And the Jets were going up against teams with elaborate defensive schemes the last 3 weeks?
    shouldn't you be more worried about the Pasts* awful OL?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Bills are this years Eagles, except their not even good.

I don't know how/why they became such a trendy team this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    jetsplumber?

plumber?

Feeling threatened?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    shouldn't you be more worried about the Pasts* awful OL?
    Pats offense will still put up 30+ points a game.

Will the Jets offense score a TD before Halloween?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets pound those buffalo bums 27-13. Sancez throws two td's and Greene runs for one, two fg for Folk = 27 pts. Buffalo scores a late td and two meaningless fg's. Screw Fitzpatrick. He'll be sacked four times and hurried many.

jf

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

God, could you imagine the headlines? Lol

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    God, could you imagine the headlines? Lol
    McElroy will lead the Jets to 5 TD scoring drives in the last pre-season game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

will they still score 30+ with Brady wearing a cast on the sidelines?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    McElroy will lead the Jets to 5 TD scoring drives in the last pre-season game.
    Wouldn't shock me if it happened. He might be our next TB.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    In case anyone has been living under a rock for the last couple months, the media has wanted to make a QB controversy out of the Jets all pre-season. Regardless of the countless times Rex has said that Sanchez is the starter, the media wants their story. Is there any wonder that they WANT the Jets to be bad and implode? That gets them their story and increases the likelihood of Tebow getting the starting gig. Even as bad as Tebow played last night, there were still some people on NFL network saying he should be QB because the Jets have not scored a TD in pre season. Comical.