Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: " Potential OT Acquisition " ~ ~ ~

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow " Potential OT Acquisition " ~ ~ ~

With cuts being made across the league I think (hope) the Jets will be in the market for a new Tackle. Here is Phase 1 of the options on the market.

The Seahawks just released two tackles and a guard.

They are :

Veteran Alex Barron: Barron was the 19th pick of the draft in 2005. After an inconsistent career, marked by penalties and inconsistencies, Barron has good measurable: 6'7, 320. Barron must of not showed much to Seahawks who cut him in lieu players with much less experience. Still worth a tryout.

Veteran Deuce Lutui: Aside from having a hilarious name, Deuce played at USC, was drafted in round 2 of the 2006 draft, and played for Arizona for six Seasons. A big 6'4, 334 lbs there are concerns about his fitness and endurance. When traded to Bengals in 2011 he failed his physical, leading him to eventually be signed by the Seahawks by his old coach. I say definitely worth a try out.

The Vikings were loaded in depth for the O-Line and as a result they cut Levi Horn. Horn went undrafted in 2010, but he has great measurables at 6'7 315 lbs. Probably nothing more than a backup, as he's never started an NFL game.

> http://www.ganggreennation.com/2012/...ot-acquisition

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta cut Hunter. Bring in a vet to help Howard out.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Gotta cut Hunter. Bring in a vet to help Howard out.
    i'd luv to get gosder cherilus.... but, we'd have to give up too much to get him

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Deuce Lutui is not a tackle so I'll pass. Not a bad G but also not better then what we already have.