View Poll Results: The Jets will win.....

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-6 Games

12 11.88%
  • 7-9 Games

47 46.53%
  • 10 plus games

42 41.58%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Jets Will Win......

http://turnonthejets.com/2012/08/som...k-jets-season/

the above link makes a very interesting point about the QBs we'll be facing this year, something to keep in mind when predicting the Jets 2012 record.

for starters, we play against A LOT of inexperienced QBs:

• Ryan Tannehill twice (rookie)
    • Russell Wilson (rookie)
    • Andrew Luck (rookie)
    • Jake Locker (0 career starts)
    • Blaine Gabbert (2nd year guy, struggled heavily as a rookie)
    • Sam Bradford (coming off bad sophomore year, Schotty is his OC)
    • John Skelton (2nd year guy, struggled as a rookie, poor OL)

that's 8 games already, meaning than one 1/4 of our schedule will be played against rookie QBs and the the other 1/4 against young guys that struggled through last season. that doesn't guarantee anything, but our Defense should be heavily favored in those matchups.

the other 8 games will be played against:

• Tom Brady twice (4-3 against Jets since 2009)
    • Ryan Fitzpatrick twice (0-4)
    • Phillip Rivers (0-2)
    • Matt Schaub (0-2)
    • Ben Roethlisberger (1-1)
    • Alex Smith (n/a)

the other half of the schedule will be played against veteran QBs which have a combined record of 5-12 against Rex Ryan's Jets. again, that doesn't guarantee anything, but it seems that these are good matchups for our defense.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post

the above link makes a very interesting point about the QBs we'll be facing this year, something to keep in mind when predicting the Jets 2012 record.

• Andrew Luck (rookie)

that's 8 games already, meaning than one 1/4 of our schedule will be played against rookie QBs and the the other 1/4 against young guys that struggled through last season. that doesn't guarantee anything, but our Defense should be heavily favored in those matchups.

• Phillip Rivers (0-2)
    • Matt Schaub (0-2)
    • Alex Smith (n/a)

the other half of the schedule will be played against veteran QBs which have a combined record of 5-12 against Rex Ryan's Jets. again, that doesn't guarantee anything, but it seems that these are good matchups for our defense.
    The D goes against those O's, D doesn't move the chains, and get 1st's, and score. Well sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    The D goes against those O's, D doesn't move the chains, and get 1st's, and score. Well sometimes.
    of course the O has to do its part.

but if, as stated on your sig, "defense rules the roost" we should be encouraged that on paper a lot of these matchups should favor our D.

just something to think about for all those people predicting a 4-6 win season.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    of course the O has to do its part.

but if, as stated on your sig, "defense rules the roost" we should be encouraged that on paper a lot of these matchups should favor our D.

just something to think about for all those people predicting a 4-6 win season.
    Yes. The D basically keeps the team in the game on a consistent basis no matter the quality of the opponent. The O has to do more than it's part, when the D is holding teams down the O has to rack up the points, or keep the other O off the field.

Rookie
    This defense is too good for the Jets not to make the playoffs. I think the offense will get there act together and Sanchez will have his best year yet.
    I'll say 10-6. Make Playoffs and hopefully make another run.

• Andrew Luck (rookie)

• Phillip Rivers (0-2)
    • Matt Schaub (0-2)
    • Alex Smith (n/a)

I swear these writers are lurking on the message boards.

Jets Insider VIP
    Defense looked salty, I loved seen Mo drive his forearm to Cam's face on the second drive, coples looked ready, Ellis and Landry were in beast mode, Howard gives me hope, Sanchez looks like he's ready to take charge. Doesn't look like a kid in the huddle.

I said 10+ but capping it at 11, BUT this depends on the brutal 4 game start of our season which will dictate if we win 11 or 8

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
    One thing we do know is, we have NO idea how the Jets actually plan to use Timmy and in what positions. With Mark and Timbo on the field (in a TE, backfield whatever spot), I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to cause at least a little chaos and score some TDs.
    Yeah cuz so many teams have been super successful running the wildcat. Give me a break

To this point roughly 60% of the respondents believe that the team will finish 9-7 at best. Its interesting from this point of view; I think there is a palpable pessimism with the fan base that goes beyond the usual doom and gloom, same old Jets crowd.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by LotteryPick6 View Post
    Yeah cuz so many teams have been super successful running the wildcat. Give me a break
    I think he said a LITTLE chaos and SOME touchdowns. Not sure that means super successful lol???

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    To this point roughly 60% of the respondents believe that the team will finish 9-7 at best. Its interesting from this point of view; I think there is a palpable pessimism with the fan base that goes beyond the usual doom and gloom, same old Jets crowd.
    i actually see quite the opposite.

given how much sh!t has been talked about the Jets all offseason, i'm amazed that 40% of posters believe this team will win at least 10 games

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

• Andrew Luck (rookie)

• Phillip Rivers (0-2)
    • Matt Schaub (0-2)
    • Alex Smith (n/a)

... ... very good post ... ...

... most people are not taking into account ... we have a very soft schedule this year ... against poor teams and/or teams with young unproven qb's ...

... i say ...

caveat ... gotta have the key guys stay healthy ... i haven't heard updates on keller or harris yet ... as long as we get them back by week 4 ...

Bills W (i'm leaning towards a sweep against a division foe rex has owned ... we def get the home win)

@Steelers W ( they're hurting on the ol ... love that we get them early ... gonna pull the upset and say our D gets 2 turnovers & wins a tight one)

@Dolphins W ( the SOJF and NY media are freaking out because they can't believe we're sitting there at 3-0 ... all 3 games a result of D playing terrific ... O playing solid and making very few mistakes ... where's my QB controversy ??? where's my blaming sanchez for everything ??? ... boo-hoo-hoo ... this isn't fair ... )

49ers W (last year was not a fluke ... this game is close though ... could see it going either way ... as i gave us the 1st 2 games i'll put this in the loss column) (edit - changed my mind ... we split niners & texans, W ... and the talking heads are about ready to blow a gasket as the J-E-T-S keep winning & tebow hasn't seen the field much)

Texans L (texans are a d*mn good team ... i'm really tempted to split the niners/texans game ... especially as both are home ... i think the niners would be the more likely win though ... in fact ... i'm going to do so ... changing the niners game to a W)

Colts W (no comment necessary)

@ Patriots L (am giving pats a sweep of us ... we have the talent ... just haven't shown the consistency yet)

Dolphins W (we always play each other tough ... but with the kid in at qb we sweep them)

@Seahawks W (tough place to play ... the kid has looked good at qb so far ... still he's just a kid and our D is lights out ... + as one poster already pointed out, this is the last game before their bye)

@ Rams W (no comment needed)

Patriots L (giving them the sweep)

Cardinals W (home against a weak team)

@Jaguars W (nobody besides MJD ... maybe)

@ Titans W (had this as a loss with hasselbeck at qb ... change it to a W with a kid in there)

Chargers W (home game & we own this team)

@Bills W (could see this going either way ... i'm going to predict buffalo is out of the race ... hang tight through half ... can't keep up the fire through the final 30 min and lose a close one

... so, what does that make? ...

13 - 3

(holy $h*t ... we may just actually challenge for the division ... didn't believe it was possible until i just went game by game ... again, we need keller & harris back soon ... can't lose any key guys throughout the year ... but if that happens we are going to be doing backflips with joy ... )

l_jr

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... bro ... grab some prozac or something ...

... 88% of us believe the team will finish 7-9 or better ...

... get out of the basement, open a window, stop watching six feet under reruns ...

l_j_r

Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    ... bro ... grab some prozac or something ...

... 88% of us believe the team will finish 7-9 or better ...

... get out of the basement, open a window, stop watching six feet under reruns ...

l_j_r
    very funny post and your point is taken; the glass half-full view is that 80% (roughly) think we will win 7 plus games. By the way, I am part of that portion (I think they hit 7 wins).

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

very funny post and your point is taken; the glass half-full view is that 80% (roughly) think we will win 7 plus games. By the way, I am part of that portion (I think they hit 7 wins).

... any which way it turns out we'll find out soon enough ... and my way will certainly be more enjoyable ...

... not sure if one of our totals haven't updated yet but i now show 46.24% in the 7-9 range & 40.86% in the 10+ range ...

... can't wait for the season to start! ...

l_j_r

All Pro
    All these analysts are ridiculous. Especially the self hating SOJFs. We were 8-5 last year before the melt down, and I sure don't see where the offense got any worse. If anything we've got some talent that will improve as they gain experience, and gel in this new system. The Defense is much improved from very good to what could be something special, and the schedule is pretty much cake. We're 10-6 if we only win the games we should. We've been pretty good against the Chargers, Pats, and Houston, recently, and the Steelers are not what they once were. They did get Tebow'd last year if you remember. I can't see how we're any worse than 10-6 and just hitting our stride towards the end of the year into the playoffs. Preseason is preseason, especially when you're learning a new offense, a new blocking scheme, and your receivers are injured. Watching Howard play so well, and having a 350lb RT makes me feel much better and now having Smith as that short yardage TE, and deleting Hunter doesn't hurt.