View Poll Results: The Jets will win.....

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-6 Games

12 11.88%
  • 7-9 Games

47 46.53%
  • 10 plus games

42 41.58%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Jets Will Win......

Question The Jets Will Win......

Now that we have completed training camp and most of the preseason, I am interested to see what the consensus is on the Jets win total in 2012. Perhaps more interestingly, what are the reasons behind your prediction? Barring a last minute significant trade (highly unlikely) the team we have now is what it is. So how many wins and why......

I predict about 7 wins this season. I am thoroughly disgusted with the job Mike Tannenbaum did in constructing this offense. The shame of it is that they are going to waste the efforts of a very talented defense week in and week out.

def over 10 wins. rex and sparano havent game planned anything. the opposing D has no clue what the jets are coming with. sanchez and tebow are going to light up the scorboard.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsplumber View Post
    def over 10 wins. rex and sparano havent game planned anything. the opposing D has no clue what the jets are coming with. sanchez and tebow are going to light up the scorboard.
    Love this tweet from Yahoo Sports' Scott Pianowski;

scott pianowski ‏@scott_pianowski
    I can't wait to see Tony Sparano's real plays. I can't wait to see O.J. Simpson find the real killers.

All League
    10+

actually, I'm thinking 11.

I voted 7 to 9 but last nighty gave me some confidence we could hit 10.

Defense looked good, Sanchez looked good.

Tebow was exposed for the fraud he is.

All League
    I might be a member of the blue oyster cult, so I'm gonna say 9 to 11 wins. Would be a shame to waste all that talent on D

11 games, minimum.

defense looks fantastic, Sanchez looks ready.

As a Fan what I want this team to win and what they can actually win are two different things.

The D.
    From what I have seen so far. The d will stop the run. Cro and Revis look really good. The Lb's still can't cover crap. Wilson is a liability. He seems to have regressed and can't cover.

The O.
    Still looks bad, but the coaches are saying the are not game planning. There's just too much wrong, and zero weapons. This being based on the vanilla O they have shown so far. Regarldless of what we can speculate, based on what we have seen so far the o sucks. I hope they come out with something that will put up points.

Based on their schedule.

Based on what the o has done so far.

Buffalo- L

Pittsburg-L

Miami-W

San Fran-L

Texans-L

Colts-W

Pats-L

Miami-W

Seattle-L

Rams-W

Pats-L

Cardinals-W

Jacksonville-W

Titans-L

Chargers-L

Buffalo-L

6-10

If the actually have a secret productive o that will score td's.

Buffalo- w

Pittsburg-L

Miami-W

San Fran-L

Texans-l

Colts-W

Pats-L

Miami-W

Seattle-w

Rams-W

Pats-L

Cardinals-W

Jacksonville-W

Titans-w

Chargers-w

Buffalo-w

10-6

We will see.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    As a Fan what I want this team to win and what they can actually win are two different things.

The D.
    From what I have seen so far. The d will stop the run. Cro and Revis look really good. The Lb's still can't cover crap. Wilson is a liability. He seems to have regressed and can't cover.

The O.
    Still looks bad, but the coaches are saying the are not game planning. There's just too much wrong, and zero weapons. This being based on the vanilla O they have shown so far. Regarldless of what we can speculate, based on what we have seen so far the o sucks. I hope they come out with something that will put up points.

Based on their schedule.

Based on what the o has done so far.

Buffalo- L

Pittsburg-L

Miami-W

San Fran-L

Texans-L

Colts-W

Pats-L

Miami-W

Seattle-L

Rams-W

Pats-L

Cardinals-W

Jacksonville-W

Titans-L

Chargers-L

Buffalo-L

6-10

If the actually have a secret productive o that will score td's.

Buffalo- w

Pittsburg-L

Miami-W

San Fran-L

Texans-l

Colts-W

Pats-L

Miami-W

Seattle-w

Rams-W

Pats-L

Cardinals-W

Jacksonville-W

Titans-w

Chargers-w

Buffalo-w

10-6

We will see.
    Pittsburg?

All Pro
    The defense has improved and should be elite. The offense is frankly no worse, with some added speed and anybody but Wayne at RT. Sanchez is maturing. Tebow will offer some occasional sparks. I'd say 10-6. We also have no idea how the Jets will fare in picking up some cut players to enhance depth, particularly WR, TE, OL.

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Love this tweet from Yahoo Sports' Scott Pianowski;

scott pianowski ‏@scott_pianowski
    I can't wait to see Tony Sparano's real plays. I can't wait to see O.J. Simpson find the real killers.
    LOL, I agree wholeheartedly. How can anyone in thier left mind think this group can win more than 4 games?

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    LOL, I agree wholeheartedly. How can anyone in thier left mind think this group can win more than 4 games?
    LOL

Eli Manning and Cam Newton are two of the ELITE QB's in the game vs our #1 D:

Eli 7-14 62 YDS 0 TD 1 INT
    Cam 6-15 60 YDS 1TD 1 FUM LOST

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm going to wait until after Tannenbaum is finished signing TC cuts before voting.

Right now, the offense is weak, vanilla or not. Non-Wildcat or not. This offense just equaled a 35 year old record for futility.

The WR situation is a problem. The running game is a problem. Unless the defense is holding teams to 10 points or less, for anyone to think this is a 10+ win team is puzzling to say the least.

I'm waiting to see who Tanny brings in.

12 games is my prediction for this year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    I know. Brad Smith would add AT LEAST 2 wins to that right?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    LOL

It's crazy! I'm actually more excited to watch the Defense this year than the offense

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Pittsburg?
    Ben is still a beast. If we had him, there would be at least 3 more SB trophies in our case.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I'm going to wait until after Tannenbaum is finished signing TC cuts before voting.

Right now, the offense is weak, vanilla or not. Non-Wildcat or not. This offense just equaled a 35 year old record for futility.

The WR situation is a problem. The running game is a problem. Unless the defense is holding teams to 10 points or less, for anyone to think this is a 10+ win team is puzzling to say the least.

I'm waiting to see who Tanny brings in.
    the jets have rex, who right now, is the smartest Defensive coach in the game. the d will be lights out all season

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    LOL

Come on, they were running vanilla offenses.