Thread: Short Yardage

Short Yardage

It's been a huge problem this pre-season and has stopped some decent drives BUT i strongly believe that this is the area where TEBOW, wildcat, will be used the most. These are the important plays that you don't want to show off at this time of year.

Jets play better when everyone thinks they suck.

tebow is going to be in the game running all the 3rd and short offense.

All League
    I wonder if we'll see Tebow lined up as a tailback

Those are some of the most important plays in a game. I'm going to think positive and commend the Jets for not showing off their short yardage plays.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    Those are some of the most important plays in a game. I'm going to think positive and commend the Jets for not showing off their short yardage plays.
    Doesn't matter. If you want to be a ground and pound team you need to be able to convert short yardage run plays. In the '10 season when we had a run blocking oline, we got those plays 90% of the time.

2012 we have a Pass blocking Line, and not built like a running team.

The Jets, like many teams use the brain dead idea of bringing in the extra elephant blockers on shot yardage rather than spreading the field and using wide olineman lanes.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The Jets, like many teams use the brain dead idea of bringing in the extra elephant blockers on shot yardage rather than spreading the field and using wide olineman lanes.
    I hate that jumbo chit!
    They won't use that with Tebow in there.
    I think that is why you are not seeing any Tebow wildcat, or even one planned Tebow run all preseason.

3rd & 1, 4 & 1, Tebow comes out in spread.
    He pretty much can pick his own lane to run in or they will have planned sweeps from the shotgun.
    Bill Polian doesn't think u can stop Tebow on those types of plays needing only 1 yard.
    Jets don't need to show it, Tebows been doing that stuff since High School.