Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: " ...Bring back Plax ? " ? ? ?

Hall Of Fame

Question " ...Bring back Plax ? " ? ? ?

~ ~ Bring back Plax ?
    The Jets failed to score a touchdown on three trips to the red zone, bringing their preseason tally to 0-for-5. Mind you, they were No. 1 in red-zone efficiency last season. What's missing? Do they miss WR Plaxico Burress more than they're willing to admit? At 6-foot-4, Hill has the size to be a weapon in the red zone, but he has a lot to learn. Burress still is a free agent. If the Jets sign him, it would be sheer desperation. Going into camp, they were dead-set against bringing him back. They don't think he can run anymore and they're worried how a Burress-Holmes reunion would affect the young receivers from an attitude standpoint.

rest of article :
    > http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...ers-17-jets-12

It isn't happening. Nothing to see here folks.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    That will not happen in this lifetme RT @roddywhiteTV The jets need to call plaxico tomorrow and tell him come on back

Hall Of Fame

Exclamation

oh, for the record...
    i say nooo

Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    oh, for the record...
    i say nooo
    ur pictures are so freakin disturbing...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    ur pictures are so freakin disturbing...
    really ? ?... YOU had no objections when i took them

Veteran
    Bring back Plax? The Jets failed to score a touchdown on three trips to the red zone, bringing their preseason tally to 0-for-5. Mind you, they were No. 1 in red-zone efficiency last season. What's missing? Do they miss WR Plaxico Burress more than they're willing to admit? At 6-foot-4, Hill has the size to be a weapon in the red zone, but he has a lot to learn. Burress still is a free agent. If the Jets sign him, it would be sheer desperation. Going into camp, they were dead-set against bringing him back. They don't think he can run anymore and they're worried how a Burress-Holmes reunion would affect the young receivers from an attitude standpoint.
    Plax can teach Hill how to jump.

I'm sure he would've grabbed the TD that sailed over Hill's fingers in the EZ on 2nd & Goal.

Hill fully extended but didn't leave his feet for some bizarro reason.

Even Braylon would've had that.

Maybe.
    Last edited by jetrider; 08-27-2012 at 12:24 PM.

This is just my opinion and have no facts to back it up but I think Plax was a major part of the offense imploding last year. I also believe he was the so called "unnamed source". I think teams know this and that's why he doesn't have a job as of now. You would think at the very least a team would have him in for a tryout but not even a sniff, that speaks volumes. Last year when he make a good play or TD he looked so disconnected from the rest of the team that he wouldn't even celebrate with them most of the time. At home games he would just run right off the field and start looking for his wife and kid.

All League
    Plax is lazy

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Plax is lazy
    yes , but he needs a $-check

Unless Plax is a Sparano hater I see no reason why we should'd give him the $1mm 1 year troubled athlete special for one more season. It took Vick a second season to get his speed back. Why let those douche bags in NE get him just to rub it in our face.

Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    really ? ?... YOU had no objections when i took them

and it's freaking ghey --giant troll alert

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
    and it's freaking ghey --giant troll alert
    i think they're cute

No brainer.

We are in such desperate need of a WR it's not even funny. The circus has been here since we traded for Tebow what's another attention whore like TO or Plax going to do besides make our red zone offense better and actually help us score tds?

Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Plax can teach Hill how to jump.

I'm sure he would've grabbed the TD that sailed over Hill's fingers in the EZ on 2nd & Goal.

Hill fully extended but didn't leave his feet for some bizarro reason.

Even Braylon would've had that.

Maybe.
    Hill is a project. Schilens sucks and is always hurt. Patrick Turner is trash. Kerley if we're lucky ends up being a poor man's Cotchery. Keller even has a hamstring problem now.

Anyone who doesn't think we desperately need another WR has mastered the art of self-deception. We have absolutely nothing to lose by signing Plaxico Burress or even TO at this point. Either one of them is better than any WR on this roster outside of Santonio.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Hill is a project. Schilens sucks and is always hurt. Patrick Turner is trash. Kerley if we're lucky ends up being a poor man's Cotchery. Keller even has a hamstring problem now.

Anyone who doesn't think we desperately need another WR has mastered the art of self-deception. We have absolutely nothing to lose by signing Plaxico Burress or even TO at this point. Either one of them is better than any WR on this roster outside of Santonio.
    Even Holmes doesn't look so great.

TO is almost 39. He looks awful on the field. He's no consideration.

Burress was solid in the redzone. I don't get why he's blackballed from the team, or why Bray is.

Must be more to the story than we'll ever know.

Maybe LaDainian will keep talking ...

I think his potential contributions in the red zone outweighs the other stuff. Plus now the fact that no other teams have given him a look may have humbled him a bit

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post

Bingo

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by eems View Post
    I think his potential contributions in the red zone outweighs the other stuff. Plus now the fact that no other teams have given him a look may have humbled him a bit
    " ...the fact that no other teams have given him a look may have humbled him a bit "

~ ~ a little more than " ..a bit "

cheers ~ ~

All League
    Whoops just saw this thread. Go ahead and merge my thread.