Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call me crazy, but the Jets should give T.O a call...

Call me crazy, but the Jets should give T.O a call...

The downside to this would be the media backlash, but Owens did have a terrific season two years ago with the Bengals. Jets made a mistake not signing Braylon as he still looks to have the talent and is young enough, maybe Owens can come in and solidify our WR corps much like Plax did last year, although I think T.O plays a lot faster than Plax.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    The downside to this would be the media backlash, but Owens did have a terrific season two years ago with the Bengals. Jets made a mistake not signing Braylon as he still looks to have the talent and is young enough, maybe Owens can come in and solidify our WR corps much like Plax did last year, although I think T.O plays a lot faster than Plax.
    Hey, Crazy, how you doin'?

Jets Insider VIP
    You're crazy

Jets Insider VIP
    If the Jets sign TO, I expect their partnership with SNY will be terminated and replaced with a full coverage arrangement from E!

All League
    You're effin' crazy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Slik you have always been crazy now your down right insane..

All League
    You must be outside yo mind.

Jets Insider VIP
    I do not want this to happen. but we are in such dire straits at the receiver position, I cannot say it hasnt crossed my mind.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

s'happenin' crazy

Hall Of Fame
    well,..if he promises not to work out in his driveway...wait ,.... fine. call him---> & then hang up real quick

Bwahahahah!!! Cimini, Myers and Francessa would take turns whacking each other off, it would make Tebow seem like a small budget Mexican soap opera, that's why I don't think they will do it, but something tells me it would work on the field where it counts.

If he's coming in to replace the gone-for-the-year Baker at 3rd string pass-catching TE, ok.

If not. No.

Veteran
    Yes, lets bring in another WR with a habit of dropping balls.

Veteran
    Keep that bum away from this team, i would rather the team go 4-12 and draft another receiver next year

TO is an exceptional ball dropper at this point in his career. 0

All Pro

That's a long time in WR years. Not even close to worth the headache anymore.

He looked darn near unstoppable with the Bengals in 10', who knows if he's still that player, but he did run a 4.3 something for the Hawks. I'm not worried about T.O's hands either, he's proven overtime that he can catch, it's all the other drama he brings. T.O plays hard on Sunday, people mistake him with Moss, but it's two different animals.

TO and Holmes, perfect together. still wont win a SB

NO MORE PATCH JOBS!! I know this is not the NBA and I've been a Jet/Knick fan all my life. Every year we try to find an easy answer for stuff like taking another teams garbage and trying to find the diamond in the rough. Its time to just play it out and let the young players get playing time. We are going to suck this year and lets say if we make the wild card... what then? You think we can beat the Pats this year?

We need to let our young players develop and signing guys like Plaxico, trading for Santonio, or in other post trade for another teams backup RB or pick up trash that other teams cut aint gonna work. Lets build our team through the draft and build a strong core. Then we can start adding pieces. So adding trash like TO ain't gonna help us in the short term and ain't gonna help Stephen Hill one bit who I am VERY high on.