Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting Potential RB

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thought this thread was going to be about Joe martinek.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    From a site rantsports.com

Is Knowshon Moreno in danger of being cut....

NFL roster cuts were a plenty today as teams had to shrink their roster from 90 to 75 players. Itís a trying time for rookies and other players that are teetering on the cut line. For first round draft picks, the annual roster cuts should never come as a worrisome sight. However, for one former first round pick, the roles are reversed.

Denver Broncos running back Knowshon Moreno may be in danger of not making the 53 man roster once final cuts are made on Friday. Moreno has been, for the most part, ineffective this preseason when he really couldnít afford to be.

Heís coming off an ACL injury that he suffered late last season but thatís not his only issue heading into this season. Coming back from a torn knee ligament is hard enough but when you add off-the-field issues to the equation it becomes even more difficult.

Moreno was pulled over this off-season and arrested for driving while under the influence. To make matters worse, his license plate ironically read ĎSAUCEDí. Itís safe to say he didnít have the most relaxing off-season.

The former first round product from Georgia is being pressured by rookie Ronnie Hillman and veteran Lance Ball for the final running back spots and he hasnít been able to separate himself. The other backs have played just as well, maybe even better than Moreno and he doesnít really fit any special team roles. Heís at his best while catching passes out of the backfield and getting into open space but he struggles running in between the tackles and tends to try and juke defenders too much instead of running north/south.

If he finds himself descending down the depth chart any further it could be a disappointing start to his weekend.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bump.

Watching the Pasts vaGiants game last night, I saw three RB's that the Jets could be interested in if they were to be cut.

Da'Rel Scott
    Andre Brown
    Brandon Bolden

Greene, Powell, & McKnight are locks. And any one of these guys is more NFL ready than Terrance Ganaway, who I'd like to see signed to the Practice Squad.

Personally, the guy I like mostly was Andre Brown, but I think the vaGiants will keep him.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's a player tonight who former Eagle's scout Daniel Jeremiah is very high on. Chris Polk from Washington, UDFA. He suggests in the tweet below that it would make sense to trade Dione Lewis and keep him. I'll be interested to see what he does tonight.

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
    RT @xkj1985x: but I don't want Chris Polk to go >> I think trading Lewis makes more sense. Polk and Brown won't slide through waivers

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
    There's a player tonight who former Eagle's scout Daniel Jeremiah is very high on. Chris Polk from Washington, UDFA. He suggests in the tweet below that it would make sense to trade Dione Lewis and keep him. I'll be interested to see what he does tonight.

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
    RT @xkj1985x: but I don't want Chris Polk to go >> I think trading Lewis makes more sense. Polk and Brown won't slide through waivers
    There was a lot of talk in the draft forum about Polk.....according to Tony, Polk has an awful attitude which is what led to him going undrafted.

No idea how he has been in TC for the Eagles, but there is definitely talent there.

Id still prefer knowshown if he gets cut.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Redskns have a ton of back with Helu, Royster, Morris and Hightower. Will they keep all 4?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    WHy wouldn't the Broncos carry 3 running backs? Don't most teams have 4?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    There was a lot of talk in the draft forum about Polk.....according to Tony, Polk has an awful attitude which is what led to him going undrafted.

No idea how he has been in TC for the Eagles, but there is definitely talent there.

Id still prefer knowshown if he gets cut.
    Very interesting, Arian foster was thought to have a bad attitude too, you never know with these kids.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    What about Andre Brown or Da'Rel Scott from the vaGiants? One will get cut.
    Brown, while against 2nd and 3rd stringers, looked like a man amongst boys last night...something we haven't seen from Bilal or McKnight against similar,ad competition.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    They have maghee, ball, and hillman who they like. Then a FB and Knowshown.

They could easily keep all 4, just conjecture that they might not