Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Potential RB

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting Potential RB

Greene is our starter and we know what we are getting there. It looks like Powell has sewn up the backup job and McKnight will be our full time KR. Ganaway, while eligible for the PS, hasnt shown anything of note yet...maybe that will change with an increase in playing time next week, but there is virtually no way he makes the 53.

Which brings us to another intersting TC battle going on in Denver with Knowshon Moreno. Moreno is in a battle with Lance Ball behind Ronnie Hillman to be Macgahee's 2nd or 3rd string RB. If he loses out he could easily be cut (see article below from bleacherreport). Moreno has struggled a bit running the ball, but is an excellent receiver and above avg in pass protection....could he be the answer for us as a 3rd down back?

Winners and Losers from Broncos-49ers
    Lance Ball and Knowshown Moreno

Once again, these guys showed how much of a threat they are when it pertains to receiving the football.

Ball led the Broncos in receiving yards for the game with 42 yards on two receptions. He had a 38-yard reception, which led to the Broncos' first touchdown of the game. Moreno likewise had a solid game in his few drives of play, catching a nice pass in the flats on his way to an 18 yard pass reception. He had two catches for 26 yards.

Having said that, Moreno yet again showed how mediocre of a running threat he is. He ran for 16 yards on five touches.

Moreno's track record of running the football goes a little like this. He'll have a run for about two yards, have a nice run for about four yards, have a run of about no gain and then run the ball for another two or three yards. It's nice when you have a solid run, but when you have a solid run once every four carries, you simply can't be a starting back in the NFL.

Ball had one carry, and we already know that he's a little bit limited when it comes to running the football.

The Broncos have to make a decision on whether they want to keep Moreno or Ball. Both are solid in pass protection and can make plays in the open. When it comes to running the football, they don't provide any threat.

Hence, this neutral grade.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Lance Ball. But I think Moreno is going to be the one who gets cut.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about Andre Brown or Da'Rel Scott from the vaGiants? One will get cut.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Moreno is coming off surgery, but he is not as bad as he has looked and Denver does not have the best line....I really think he fits what we need, we would just have to carry 4 RBs (including McKnight)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't say Powell has won anything yet.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post

I am with you, what has Powell shown to lock up anything except perhaps getting cut?
    Last edited by ASH_1962; 08-30-2012 at 09:28 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So in the most important preseason game for the starters, powell got 8 carries and played almost every single 3rd down passing snap, and mcknight didnt get a single carry.

Not sure what else that would mean

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Powell's gonna be a good RB. He's a lock.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    moreno would be a great pick up
    maybe a change of management, coaching, scenery will do him good

prior to his draft, didnt he expressed some interest in playing for NYJ and staying local here?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Powell is the guy splitting carries with Greene. He has a lot of potential. He runs hard and makes guys miss. He reminds me of Ahmad Bradshaw maybe not the same pass catching but his running style is similar. Mcknight is a bust. He has terrible work ethic and always get these teeny tiny injuries that other players won't even complain about. Mcknight is also not as explosive as I thought he was coming out of college. We need to draft a RB next year thats for sure.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ryan View Post
    Powell is the guy splitting carries with Greene. He has a lot of potential. He runs hard and makes guys miss. He reminds me of Ahmad Bradshaw maybe not the same pass catching but his running style is similar. Mcknight is a bust. He has terrible work ethic and always get these teeny tiny injuries that other players won't even complain about. Mcknight is also not as explosive as I thought he was coming out of college. We need to draft a RB next year thats for sure.
    If we take a RB next year, who do ya want.
    M.Lattimore
    K.Davis
    E.Lacey
    S.Redman
    Any Oregon eb
    Other

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its too early to see which sophmore RB prospect will step up as a junior right now. Think about RG3 and how no one knew he was going to be the #2 player in the draft. As of right now there is no Trent Richardson type of player in the draft next year. I think we should go OT first round and draft a RB in the second round. OT is our biggest weakness and it will improve our passing and running if we fill that hole.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    M.Lattimore
    K.Davis
    E.Lacey
    S.Redman
    Any Oregon eb
    Other
    Lattimore is the full package...speed to run outside, power to run inside, no question the top guy

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its too early to see which sophmore RB prospect will step up as a junior right now. Think about RG3 and how no one knew he was going to be the #2 player in the draft. As of right now there is no Trent Richardson type of player in the draft next year. I think we should go OT first round and draft a RB in the second round. OT is our biggest weakness and it will improve our passing and running if we fill that hole.
    WR first round, RB/TE second round. You can never have enough offensive weapons. (I wouldn't mind OT, but let's see what we have with Howard first).

Of course, we'll probably wind up drafting an OLB in the first round and a CB in the second round...or something like that...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We need to draft a RB next year thats for sure.
    A sad situation to be in, having drafted 5 of them in the last 4 years.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I like Lance Ball. But I think Moreno is going to be the one who gets cut.
    Played little league with him as a kid. Great guy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    M.Lattimore
    K.Davis
    E.Lacey
    S.Redman
    Any Oregon eb
    Other
    Ray graham

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Yup stock piling on Jag Caliber RB's after all the blue chip RB prospects have been taking .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Yup stock piling on Jag Caliber RB's after all the blue chip RB prospects have been taking .
    What happened to finding decent RB's in later rounds? Is that just a myth, or are we just unlucky?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    I feel u man, but sometimes you just gotta infuse some explosiveness and talent to the position. Sometimes teams get lucky with a Ray Rice and sometimes a similar player like Javon Ringer don't end up being anything special. Or you can draft a blue chip early like LeSean McCoy or a similar player Knoshon Moreno is a bust... You just have to draft them until you get your man. TRUST ME Shon Greene is not the man. He is a one dimensional change of pace back. No ones afraid of him busting a big one... No ones afraid of him running on the outside or catching a pass. Too predictable.
    Last edited by Rex Ryan; 08-27-2012 at 03:43 PM.