Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pats waive Stallworth...will the jets give him a look?

Pats waive Stallworth...will the jets give him a look?

Jets could use a veteran presence in their WR corps. He still has something left to give and would be a cheap pick-up. Pats just had too many weapons for him to make the squad IMO. It's not too far fetched to think he could be a fit.

What say you?

All Pro
    He is good a for a few big plays a year.. But he isn't consistent at all as a receiver. disappears a lot during games.
    Last edited by Scoop24; 08-27-2012 at 02:04 PM.

I'd rather not... I honestly want to see White/Kerley/Hill take all the reps...

Bewildered Beast
    Stallworth? Does he have arms about 6 feet long? 60" vertical?

He'd be Tebow's #1 weapon.

No, he sucks.

All League
    Has he done anything in the last few years?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    No, he was a Patriot.
    Fixed...

He hasnt done anything in 4 years. Pass

All League
    He was pretty decent in 2007 I guess.

No. He sucks.

If we wanted no part of Braylon because of his DUI, why would anyone think we would look at Stallworth, who KILLED SOMEONE WHILE DRIVING DRUNK?

i'd much rather wait for one of the Pasts* soon-to-be-waived TE.

Jets Insider VIP
    I wish the Pats had hired him to be Brady's chauffeur instead of just waiving him

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    If we wanted no part of Braylon because of his DUI, why would anyone think we would look at Stallworth, who KILLED SOMEONE WHILE DRIVING DRUNK?
    Is that why the Jets let Braylon walk? His DUI? You must have some inside knowledge on that one.

Stallworth killed a guy while under the influence. Horrifically tragic. By all accounts, the guy ran in front of his car and he would have killed him sober or not, but that's not the point, nor is it an excuse. He may be done, but you wouldn't fine a better locker room guy than Donte.

I'll copy a post from another site which states it better than I ever could:

There but for the Grace of God go any of us when it comes to the automobile accident in which a young father was killed. How Donte' Stallworth responded at the scene of the accident, how he took responsibility, did his time, settled with the family to provide for the guy's daughter and how he's taken the message to all the young guys in the league is the definition of maturity and responsibility.

The Sunday Globe story from 8-19-2012 detailing the accident in Florida and his taking full responsibility was well deserved and if you haven't seen it, please do.

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...GbO/story.html

All League
    Regardless of his criminal history, Donte Stallworth is 32 and not a good WR.

No.

Veteran
    Exactly, would be interesting if they did bring him in to eliminate one the reasons Edwards wasn't brought back

Please.

Holmes who got caught smoking pot twice and gets suspended get a 10 mill a year contract. Ellis who beats the crap out of somebody he outweighs by 150lbs, and cro who has 12 kids by almost as many woman and you think Braylon was let go because of his DUI?

Why Braylon got let go I don't know other than the jets did not want to spend that much money on the postion or they think something is permanently wrong with his knees. But not for a 2 year old DUI.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Is that why the Jets let Braylon walk? His DUI? You must have some inside knowledge on that one.

Stallworth killed a guy while under the influence. Horrifically tragic. By all accounts, the guy ran in front of his car and he would have killed him sober or not, but that's not the point, nor is it an excuse. He may be done, but you wouldn't fine a better locker room guy than Donte.

I'll copy a post from another site which states it better than I ever could:
    Agreed ... Dante Stallworth did wrong, but if you research his character and , his past you will realize that this man is the furthest thing from the stereotype of the NFL law breaker. A good man who made an error of judgement who took responsibility.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Please.

Holmes who got caught smoking pot twice and gets suspended get a 10 mill a year contract. Ellis who beats the crap out of somebody he outweighs by 150lbs, and cro who has 12 kids by almost as many woman and you think Braylon was let go because of his DUI?

Why Braylon got let go I don't know other than the jets did not want to spend that much money on the position or they think something is permanently wrong with his knees. But not for a 2 year old DUI.
    Inseminating multiple women might bother your moral compass but it is not against the law. Including Cromartie in the same conversation as NFL footballers with a assault convictions, DUI convictions and even misdemeanors is wrong and does you no favor in terms of being considered a credible objective voice on JI.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    Inseminating multiple women might bother your moral compass but it is not against the law. Including Cromartie in the same conversation as NFL footballers with a assault convictions, DUI convictions and even misdemeanors is wrong and does you no favor in terms of being considered a credible objective voice on JI.
    He did fail to pay child support...not exactly "morally upright".

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    SGH-T679?

You sure it's not the SGH-T678.5?