Thread: Small Nit That May Be Good Big Sign

Veteran

Small Nit That May Be Good Big Sign

I am watching a replay of last nights game and noticed Mark Sanchez and other offensive player sitting/huddled around Sparano reviewing pics. In the past with Schotty Sanchez would sit on bench and sulk. Their was little interaction between QB and coordinator. Looks like much better chemistry this year. Hopefully it will yield dividends. Also like the shots down field

GO JETS
    Last edited by Guitarjet; 08-27-2012 at 03:11 PM.

Another plus was Santonio talking to Hill after one of the drops.

At least I think that's a good thing...

Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post

It would probably be a better sign if it wasnt 5 minutes after holmes let a bll hit him in the face.....

Oh, and if Holmes wasnt notorious for catching balls with his body instead of his hands...exaclty like he did last night on his 1 recption

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    It would probably be a better sign if it wasnt 5 minutes after holmes let a bll hit him in the face.....
    Do as I say, not as I do?

Jets Insider VIP
    I don't think the announcers even picked up on that and they did not show a replay, at least not immediately. He was heading towards some open real estate with speed when that happened.

Oh, and if Holmes wasnt notorious for catching balls with his body instead of his hands...exaclty like he did last night on his 1 recption
    notorious?
    holmes has great hands but that was terrible when he dropped that ball

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    notorious?
    holmes has great hands but that was terrible when he dropped that ball
    Holmes is a great route runner and I think a better player than what he has shown for the jets....but great hands? What about the last 5 games of last season, including his fumbles?

Plus, the bigger point was that Holmes lets the ball get into his body a lot...something that hill should not be learning as that is what led to the INT

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarjet View Post
    I am watching a replay of last nights game and noticed Mark Sanchez and other offensive player sitting/huddled around Sparano reviewing pics. In the past with Schotty Sanchez would sit on bench and sulk. Their was little interaction between QB and coordinator. Looks like much better chemistry this year. Hopefully it will yield dividends. Also like the shots down field

GO JETS
    Yes, the broadcasts have showed this in all the games. I am glad to see Sporano sitting with the QB's during the game. I am sure a lot of this has to do with the new system but I think this hands on approach will be great as we head into the season!!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post

Hill was furious with himself on the INT ... good to see that (a) he obviously cares and (b) he wasn't trying to pass the blame.

All Pro
    Holmes is a great route runner and I think a better player than what he has shown for the jets....but great hands? What about the last 5 games of last season, including his fumbles?

Plus, the bigger point was that Holmes lets the ball get into his body a lot...something that hill should not be learning as that is what led to the INT
    Well Hill's hands are a lot farther away from his body than Santonio's, and bigger. It makes it that much more important that he reach out to snatch the ball. Very important when there's good coverage to prevent an int.