Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: props to austin Howard

props to austin Howard

i don't think the guy gave up a sack which is probably the first time in a while that a RDE didn't get to Sanchez. also he got some pretty good blocks in the running game by tyaking out 2 defensive players in one play. it's a big relief to not see hunter there, who by the way gave up a sack against 2nd and 3rd teamers.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Don't get too excited, yet.

thought his hand work was excellent...

Let's see how he does against Mario Williams. If he holds his own then it's very promising.

About time someone started a positive thread. I also believe he did an outstanding job.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Don't get too excited, yet.
    SOJF

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports View Post
    About time someone started a positive thread. I also believe he did an outstanding job.

SOJF
    Ravens passed, Eagles passed, he is young. SOD.

per Sal Pal on Michael Kay Show..Of the 13 plays Howard went up against Charles Johnson last the Jets helped Austin on 6 of those..Connor chipped Johnson on 5 of those 6 plays and they double teamed Johnson the other time...As opposed to Hunter being left on an island vs the Giants i.e. JPP...

Jets Insider VIP
    Get your facts straight! Jets plucked him from the PS of the Ravens. They did not pass on him. The Jets wanted him and Baltimore did not match the offer. You make it sound like he was cut by the Ravens. he wasn't. What you are right about is that he is young. Young players develop at different rates. Perhaps we got lucky! Someone in our organization wanted him! He played well last night regardless of your opinion of him. He played against a very, very good passrusher and did not give up a sack. What the heck are you looking for?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    per Sal Pal on Michael Kay Show..Of the 13 plays Howard went up against Charles Johnson last the Jets helped Austin on 6 of those..Connor chipped Johnson on 5 of those 6 plays and they double teamed Johnson the other time...As opposed to Hunter being left on an island vs the Giants i.e. JPP...
    and who was the second or third teamer that Hunter gave up the sack to last night?

All Pro
    You know what i find Absolutely amazing about this kid and the way he has performed as a RT? This kid has been practicing exclusively as a LT for the most of his career in football . Now he's asked to move to the RT position and for many of us that might appears as a simple change. The problem is, his "plant leg" is completely opposite and thus far it doesn't appear to matter. It is amazing to me that he has done as well as he has thus far.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

He looks to be better than Hunter. Should've been getting all the 1st team snaps throughout TC and the preseason games.

The bottom line is that he did a good job yesterday and has brought new hope.

Why down-play a steady performance with SOJF attitude?

Undrafted Free Agent
    He played a good game, gotta give him that. Some people just have a problem with acknowledgements!

It was a night and day swing from what we had been seeing from Hunter. Most obvious result was the way Sanchez played with a little more time and confidence.

Why they didn't do this for Hunter I still don't get. Why risk Sanchez like that?

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Why they didn't do this for Hunter I still don't get. Why risk Sanchez like that?
    A very legit question, always protect the QB... basic 101 x's and o's.

Many folks were enthusiastic with coach Soprano. I guess we'll have to wait until they unveil the wildcat and mid-season for final judgment.

Don't care what Sal says, I saw Howard consistently by himself. The media is needs to stop making up stories.

That was exactly Sal Pal's question....

Sound Bytes--Sal
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/radio/show?showId=TMKS

Too focused on the game plan to make the adjustment?
    I agree, it was definitely kinda strange. I had some bad thoughts running through my mind imagining Mark's peril as a Tebow conspiracy.
    Some of those plays looked it was a child getting pushed around...

okay okay, I'll say something positive. Howard played well. But it is 1 PS game.

I noticed a different Mark Sanchez without the threat of decapitation looming over him all game long.

Quote Originally Posted by mavericknyc1980 View Post
    Don't care what Sal says, I saw Howard consistently by himself. The media is needs to stop making up stories.
    Maybe it was your angle. I watched the game today and they did a replay of Conner chipping him.