Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: jets @ philadelphia : Thu, aug. 30 - 6:35 pm ~ ~ ~

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Did not get beat up at all. Graham is a former top 15 pick, and has great speed. He is going to get the edge on you a couple of times if you are left on an island with him.

Watch Howard on every play, He looks good. MUUUUUCH better than Hunter.
    No joke. How many sacks did Howard allow tonight? One? And that one looked like it could have been avoided had McElroy gotten rid of the ball or bolted through that opening he had.

Howard played well, and has been a BIG improvement over the Turnstile.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    No joke. How many sacks did Howard allow tonight? One? And that one looked like it could have been avoided had McElroy gotten rid of the ball or bolted through that opening he had.

Howard played well, and has been a BIG improvement over the Turnstile.
    Can u imagine if we had a solid performance all year from this O line?
    If we can get this O line to come together and form a wall, we should have a good year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    If we can get this O line to come together and form a wall, we should have a good year.
    No doubt about it. When Sanchez doesn't have to run for his life, he's pretty good. Now that the OLine seems to have gotten it's kinks worked out a bit, we just need our WRs to try catching the ball and our OC to not have our RBs run into a pile-up when they could easily go to the outside for a gain.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No doubt about it. When Sanchez doesn't have to run for his life, he's pretty good. Now that the OLine seems to have gotten it's kinks worked out a bit, we just need our WRs to try catching the ball and our OC to not have our RBs run into a pile-up when they could easily go to the outside for a gain.
    Your right, Sanchez can play well here with a good Solid play from the O line. I don't think we will blow anyone out by any means, but we can log W's in that left column. I don't mind being a scrappy team and winning those battles. My nerves might say otherwise tho.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanchez hasn't had pass protection he could trust in the NFL yet.

Until now hopefully.

Imagine if he could take his mind off the rush and focus downfield for a change?

Absolute f-kin' UTOPIA.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your right, Sanchez can play well here with a good Solid play from the O line. I don't think we will blow anyone out by any means, but we can log W's in that left column. I don't mind being a scrappy team and winning those battles. My nerves might say otherwise tho.
    Yea, I think just about all of us feel similarly. I think we could be what SF was last year. I mean, Smith is trash, they had almost no receivers, and their D carried them all the way to 13-3 and an NFCCG appearance.

I'm not expecting that many number of wins or an AFCCG appearance, but I think we could do 9 or 10 wins this season. As long as the OLine doesn't get Sanchez killed and the D plays nasty like they have been, I think we could have a nice season.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, I think just about all of us feel similarly. I think we could be what SF was last year. I mean, Smith is trash, they had almost no receivers, and their D carried them all the way to 13-3 and an NFCCG appearance.

I'm not expecting that many number of wins or an AFCCG appearance, but I think we could do 9 or 10 wins this season. As long as the OLine doesn't get Sanchez killed and the D plays nasty like they have been, I think we could have a nice season.
    Agreed. I'm looking for something special out of this D this year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This team reeks of needing to win 16-13. I just hope we don't burn out the defense.

Can't be a ground and pound team if you lose the TOP battle 34-26 every week.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Hate to go negative, if we stay healthy and the oline is decent, we'll be in the PO hunt, but we don't a Vernon Davis or Frank Gore, an Aldon Smith, a pair of ILB like Bowman and Willis and a nasty oline that chews up clock and 150 yards a game on the ground.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Hate to go negative, if we stay healthy and the oline is decent, we'll be in the PO hunt, but we don't a Vernon Davis or Frank Gore, an Aldon Smith, a pair of ILB like Bowman and Willis and a nasty oline that chews up clock and 150 yards a game on the ground.
    Dream killer..